Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

Just curious, will XPlane 10 introduce seasons?
Not initially I believe. It's a well known "desired" feature and it might make it in the V10 run at some point, I'm certainly pushing for it myself. I think that once the initial distributions of V10 stabilizes given all the various setups it will be run on...then the team will sit back and say, "OK, now what are we missing...and seasons and forests/foliage are certainly on that list, but I couldn't say in what order relative to other features.

For those asking about AI, just saw this:

Watch how the larger, heavier planes take longer to climb as they exit the airspace. Trolls, Austin said this is filmed in xplane 9, I repeat, NINER.Ha, the last plane must've been modeled on my landing style!
Any good Freeware AI aircraft already does this with proper FDE's....I have DC-8's, 707's and others that do the same.... I also noticed a 747 on missed approach at 1:07 with that amount of traffic (very little) that should not happen! Why would X-Plane go the same route as MSFS and use UI aircraft as AI?Frank

It wasn't necessary.
Yes, it was, in order to stop all the "OMG, why can't you put everything together in one ss or video". And: "I can't believe you are two months away from release and you can't show us everything" posts.

Yes, it was, in order to stop all the "OMG, why can't you put everything together in one ss or video". And: "I can't believe you are two months away from release and you can't show us everything" posts.
It's rather invitation to continue the flame war.

Michał Puto

A2A Simulations | Blockhouse-C | Twitter

Very little information exists on either of those two, but i am no ######, if X-Plane is better than FSX/Flight and it has 3rd party support from developers like PMDG, A2A then i'll move without a second thought.
What do you want to know? Feel free to ask me about it in PM. (I don't want to thread-jack.) There are more than 7 threads about my Saab at the forums I am based.

Goran is making a Saab 340 and IXEG is making a 737.
HelloAnd that Saab has my 100% attention, as a MS flightsim guy I can say now that one is going to sell a copy of XP-10

Just wondering - what does it mean that there is no seasons?Is it like no winter - so you can fly only in summer time?Thanks.Really impressed with the new autogen, btw...

.... I also noticed a 747 on missed approach at 1:07 with that amount of traffic (very little) that should not happen!...Frank
Just to feed my curiousity and since you seem to know your stuff, what do you think are valid reasons for a commercial jet-airliner to discontinue an approach and go-around?Jan

IFR conditions no visual contact with runway/airport_environment by MAP (missed approach point)Fouled Runway at any point prior to landing commitalAny unsafe condition that interferes with a safe landing-I should add, for separation requirements, is 3 minutes between aircraft on approach. (on approach corridor and on arrival at the runway), but that's an IFR (filed IFR flight plan & ruleset (even in vfr conditions)) spacing, pacing, issue, not necessarily required missed approach criteria, that falls into points 2 and 3 above.. PIC responsibility/discretion is always in effect. ≤3minutes, and ATC may give aircraft on approach s-turns or a'360 for spacing. which, LOL, that would be funny to see if they get into the AI ATC code. I wouldn't expect that though.-

IFR conditions no visual contact with runway/airport_environment by MAP (missed approach point)Fouled Runway at any point prior to landing commitalAny unsafe condition that interferes with a safe landing-I should add, for separation requirements, is 3 minutes between aircraft on approach. (on approach corridor and on arrival at the runway), but that's an IFR (filed IFR flight plan & ruleset (even in vfr conditions)) spacing, pacing, issue, not necessarily required missed approach criteria, that falls into points 2 and 3 above.. PIC responsibility/discretion is always in effect. ≤3minutes, and ATC may give aircraft on approach s-turns or a'360 for spacing. which, LOL, that would be funny to see if they get into the AI ATC code. I wouldn't expect that though.-
Exactly. So there are some points that would entail a go-around that have nothing to do with other airplanes. As a matter of fact out of the 10 or so go-arounds I have done on the 737 and 747 there were none because of another airplane still on the runway. Cabin not ready for landing, excessive tailwind, unsafe gear indication, ATC-directed go-around (giving way to rescue-helicopter), windshear on final, "hot and high" approach Worried.gif are the ones I remember...If you really want to pick a hole into the movie, then watch closely how that plane turns off the runway at 2:20... major air disaster :-)Jan

Just to feed my curiousity and since you seem to know your stuff, what do you think are valid reasons for a commercial jet-airliner to discontinue an approach and go-around?Jan
Thanks for your curiosity Jan, having flown quite a few aircraft myself I know and have in fact also had a few "discontinue an approach and go-arounds"...My point is that, regardless of whether or not someone knows what a missed approach is, my observation had to do with an aircraft that has no pilot, where none of the scenarios you described above relate to! From the video posted I was suggesting that there probably is insufficient ATC separation for the AI aircraft or that there isn't airspace control effective enough to slow down approaches so that go-arounds "on approach corridor and on arrival at the runway" can be avoided...This wasn't meant to bash the video or it's creator but only meant to be some feedback. Since this is one of the main points of interest in a Sim for me I only wished to address it and perhaps have it improved for the release...Why is it that whenever someone points out something that should be improved there are so many of you hardly associated with the development that feel compelled to put down the user and his/hers suggestion? I would rather hear from those that are doing the hard work trying to make this Sim what it can potentially be...fantastic!Cheers,Frank Severino

Not initially I believe. It's a well known "desired" feature and it might make it in the V10 run at some point, I'm certainly pushing for it myself. I think that once the initial distributions of V10 stabilizes given all the various setups it will be run on...then the team will sit back and say, "OK, now what are we missing...and seasons and forests/foliage are certainly on that list, but I couldn't say in what order relative to other features.
I'm continuing to find things to like about X-Plane 9 but I have to say I'm disappointed to learn about the absence of seasonal textures. To me, having to fly in summer textures only is a real immersion killer - I try to fly locally in local conditions, and seeing green fields and foliage in the dead of winter just doesn't cut it. Seems also to be a serious shortcoming in a product whose advocates are claiming its superiority over FSX. Obviously a personal reaction and I know there are others who will feel differently - but for me at least, this has stopped most of my momentum toward X-Plane 10 and sent me back toward FSX, with all its limitation. I hope the development team will move the seasons high up on the priority list for future updates. When the seasons appear, I'll be happy to visit again.

Hello Alan,You can download Winter World for XP9 here and take a look.http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/topic/6762-winter-world-25-for-xp-96/

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

Hello Alan,You can download Winter World for XP9 here and take a look.http://forums.xplane...d-25-for-xp-96/
That looks like it'd be a big help - thanks for pointing it out.Not to set off a new round of flames or anything, but it'd be nice if a similar set of textures (and also textures for other seasons) could be included in the X-Plane base package. While I'm all for the fine detail we've been seeing and hearing about, the broad strokes (like reasonable-looking seasons) would go a long way toward helping FSX-ers embrace the product more completely, I hope the development team will listen to those who are advocating for features like these.Now back to my X-Plane 9 explorations...

Alan,It will happen, it's just a matter of time.We ALL would like seasonal textures for sure.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV