Sign in to follow this  
Haddock

What is this light?

Hi there.Ever since I first installed the NGX, I've had a bright light at the top of the overhead panel even when the 'plane is completely powered down. Despite the hot-fixes, re-installations and SP1, it's still there. My friend has the NGX and it doesn't appear in his cockpit, so I can only assume it's something to do with my setup. Can anyone tell me what this is please, and how to turn it off?Many thanks.Kevin O'Connell.

Kevin O'Connell

The Flood light for the pedestal (radios, thrust levers, fire protection).

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Thanks chaps. Perhaps I could have a been a bit clearer here: There is no battery or external power; everything is off, and all light switchess are set to off. However, I've only just realised that this is only in the VC. There's no light on when in the 2D panel view.Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

I'll check if on mine there is this light in cold and dark configuration, I think not.What about flood light knob position?Do you have SP1 installed?Have you removed the old saved flights?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Do you have light bloom enabled? I'm quite sure that is it, try turning it off in the fsx display settings and have a look again :)

Thank you very much. That was it. Turning off light bloom got rid of the light. Now I'll have to choose between an annoying light, or pleasing graphics ..... you know what? Perhaps that light wasn't too bad after all.Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

I have also bloom activated and the light (lamp) is always on, also with light off, what changes is the illumination of the pedestal.I can live with it, bloom on my system is not making the same as in your picture.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Should be using DX9 and not DX10. A lot of sceneries do not even Support DX10 and if they do its usually in the daytime only. With ASE, GEX, REX, UTX and GS Global FSX looks fantastic. Why would you need DX10 anyway? Maybe that is why some people are having all these crash issues. Its recommended that you do Not use DX10.