Sign in to follow this  
Bugor

New night screenshot

Another video of an airport in darkness on this site:http://xplane10.wordpress.com/Though the quality isn´t good (handheld camera) I think the actual scenery is great - if maybe a little dark, usually commercial airports are a huge blob of light at night (except for the runways, they can barely be seen unless lined up on them due to the directional lights).Jan

Guest bstolle

Just read the blog and this is for sure one reason for me not to buy XP10.The beta Austin used crashed several times, and according to him because of memory errors caused by the use of the multiple cores. This problem will probably not be solved before the first release! Since the first version of x-plane Austin is always trying to get rid of bugs he introduced in previous versions, thereby introducing different new bugs.But to release a known unstable version is something new. Maybe he's in a hurry because he's already a year behind his original schedule.And this one also doesn't sound too promisingThere isn’t a computer made at this moment that can run XP10 with all the settings at maximum

Just read the blog and this is for sure one reason for me not to buy XP10.The beta Austin used crashed several times, and according to him because of memory errors caused by the use of the multiple cores. This problem will probably not be solved before the first release! Since the first version of x-plane Austin is always trying to get rid of bugs he introduced in previous versions, thereby introducing different new bugs.But to release a known unstable version is something new. Maybe he's in a hurry because he's already a year behind his original schedule.And this one also doesn't sound too promisingThere isn’t a computer made at this moment that can run XP10 with all the settings at maximum
This sort of goes hand and hand with his statement, that XP10 will use all the CPU and memory you can give it up to 4GB. I think he's going to regret not making this a 64bit app with all the detail he put into it!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

There isn’t a computer made at this moment that can run XP10 with all the settings at maximum
In the flight simulation world, this has always been the case for the last 8 years!
Just read the blog and this is for sure one reason for me not to buy XP10.The beta Austin used crashed several times, and according to him because of memory errors caused by the use of the multiple cores. This problem will probably not be solved before the first release!
This is indeed somewhat more disturbing. But the good thing is X-Plane has a complete demo anyone can try to evaluate perfomance and stability on his PC before buying. Of course the demo could not be 100% representative of the full version stability due to the fact that memory-intensive sceneries could be more taxing than the scenery provided on the demo, but it should give a general idea of the overall stability of X-Plane.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Please re-read the statement:The BETA Austin used crashed several times, and according to him because of memory errors caused by the use of the multiple cores. This problem will probably not be solved before the first release! First of all, it's a beta. and no one said it will DEFINITELY not be solved before first release. I still remember a famous video clip of Bill Gates starting Windows XP or Vista and got a BSOD on boot up...in front of an audience watching it in some hall. Thirdly, everyones system is different. It stands to reason that some systems will crash and some won't. Maybe a hardware configuration conflict or some kind of software. The big thing here is, as always, you can send the log.txt file to Laminar and they will fix whatever is causing the problem if they can't find an immediate solution for it. I've had FSX and the Acceleration Service Pack for about 5 years and I STILL get CTD's and OOM's on occasion.

I suppose it depends on why those crashes were happening. For the demo he probably had everything cranked to max in order to show off the new visuals, so it's possible that avoiding crashes may be as simple as dialing back some of the settings.

MM,Do you think the beta versions of FSX ever crashed for us beta-testers?

MM,Do you think the beta versions of FSX ever crashed for us beta-testers?
Hi JimOut of interest how many beta testers did Aces employ? Any ideas? Just curious.CheersRhydian

Sorry, cannot say. The NDA still covers the process we used.

Do you think the beta versions of FSX ever crashed for us beta-testers?
I expect instability in a beta. What concerns me is the report that many of those stability issues in XP10 may not be fixed in the release version.

I expect instability in a beta. What concerns me is the report that many of those stability issues in XP10 may not be fixed in the release version.
That's not a problem and why are you concerned? Just let us know where we can reach you, and we'll let you know when it's stable, so you can come back and assess the software.

Hey guys, I wouldn't worry about the instability too much. If any exists after beta, chances are it will be few cases and crashes are like cardiac arrest to us and require immediate attention. There are bound to be crashes out there because of the diversity of hardware...but there is no way we will know till we get it out there so that is exactly what we will do. As we have done year after year, after year....we remind everybody that when xplane releases to the public, we are not releasing some final product that fully relies only on internal beta testing. We flesh out as many bugs as we can from the rather large internal beta testing...THEN we release it to the public in what we call the public beta run...to get all those last few trouble spots fixed. This is what is getting released, it is what has always gotten released. We need the community to help us stabilize it for everybody...and that means that there will be a measure of time after we release to get this done. Users who do not want to chance the instability should wait till version 10.1 or 10.2.Many of us get so excited at trying the new stuff that we're happy to deal with a crash or two just to be part of the process....x-plane needs those folks to make it stable.It is VERY hard to get across the experience in screenshots. screenshots do not tell the whole story. When I demoed KSEA to a group of folks at FSWeekend with a lot of stuff turned up....there were a lot of wows..and not just by xplane ######. The night lighting and shadows are just plain cool, period. Seeing cars driving under street lights and light up is much better on the brain than a still shot...and seeing it on the ramp is even better. I describe xplane now like an engine starting....and firing on 80% of the cylinders..it's sputtering and there is some apprehension and anticipation, but it's not quite going...but it is on the VERGE of going....and right now the engine is turning very well. In my opinion, this thing will fire up fully very shortly and I think many will be pleased. -Tom Kyler

Hey guys, I wouldn't worry about the instability too much. If any exists after beta, chances are it will be few cases and crashes are like cardiac arrest to us and require immediate attention. There are bound to be crashes out there because of the diversity of hardware...but there is no way we will know till we get it out there so that is exactly what we will do. As we have done year after year, after year....we remind everybody that when xplane releases to the public, we are not releasing some final product that fully relies only on internal beta testing. We flesh out as many bugs as we can from the rather large internal beta testing...THEN we release it to the public in what we call the public beta run...to get all those last few trouble spots fixed. This is what is getting released, it is what has always gotten released. We need the community to help us stabilize it for everybody...and that means that there will be a measure of time after we release to get this done. Users who do not want to chance the instability should wait till version 10.1 or 10.2.Many of us get so excited at trying the new stuff that we're happy to deal with a crash or two just to be part of the process....x-plane needs those folks to make it stable.It is VERY hard to get across the experience in screenshots. screenshots do not tell the whole story. When I demoed KSEA to a group of folks at FSWeekend with a lot of stuff turned up....there were a lot of wows..and not just by xplane ######. The night lighting and shadows are just plain cool, period. Seeing cars driving under street lights and light up is much better on the brain than a still shot...and seeing it on the ramp is even better. I describe xplane now like an engine starting....and firing on 80% of the cylinders..it's sputtering and there is some apprehension and anticipation, but it's not quite going...but it is on the VERGE of going....and right now the engine is turning very well. In my opinion, this thing will fire up fully very shortly and I think many will be pleased. -Tom Kyler
What hardware was used (CPU with how many core, GPU 2 or 3GB, RAMS speed and timing, CPU overclocked @?,)?

It was a i7 Apple MacBook Pro with 1GB ATI Radeon card. I'm not sure of the exact specs as its not my computer. I'll try and get those and post those back up here.