Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

I don't drink, but if I could, I would buy a round for everyone here, and propose a toast to all those like ORBX, PMDG, Aerosoft and the many others who have elevated FSX to much more than we all thought possible! ...and to geniuses like Nick, ******* and Pete who helped us make it work... and to all the others who kindly spent untold hours freely listening to, researching for, coaching with and working alongside those who needed it to make their hobby fun. There is still honour and respect in this place. I am proud to be a member of the AVSIM forums and share in the benefits.Kind regards,

I don't drink, but if I could, I would buy a round for everyone here, and propose a toast to all those like ORBX, PMDG, Aerosoft and the many others who have elevated FSX to much more than we all thought possible! ...and to geniuses like Nick, ******* and Pete who helped us make it work... and to all the others who kindly spent untold hours freely listening to, researching for, coaching with and working alongside those who needed it to make their hobby fun. There is still honour and respect in this place. I am proud to be a member of the AVSIM forums and share in the benefits.Kind regards,
I second that. Just tested it on my system and yep, it got me through a crash point in Seattle that I could never get by before no matter what the scenery density setting was. Great job once again Pete!Stiletto2

Hello StephenI don't drink either, so please raise your tea/coffe cup to Pete, and I'll 'click' it with you.PS: we no doubt have at least a couple of 'friends' in commonWhistle.gif

Er... I installed FSUIPC and I see none of the logging options are on. Which one should I turn on to check if a appcrash was prevented? And where can I see that log...?

Don't want to sound too dumb, but would somebody spell out in clear terms what the fix is? (or tell me which page of the thread to look at) I have G3D error in PNW region ONLY (regardless of a/c flown) and can't do a flight that last more than 2 hrs, was about to give up with FSX until I heard about this thread.I have never used FSUIPC, I know there is a free edition and a payware edition. In FS9 I think you needed it to get payware to work, but with FSX I have never bothered using it.Thanks for any help.

-Iain Watson-

Er... I installed FSUIPC and I see none of the logging options are on. Which one should I turn on to check if a appcrash was prevented? And where can I see that log...?
The log is in the modules folder which is inside the main FSX folder, the log file in question is created every time FSX is run, no extra logging options are required for this log to be created. It's called FSUIPC4.log

Cheers, Andy.

FSUIPC always produces a log, next to where it sits in the Modules folder.Oh, I see Andy beast me to it! ;-)Pete
I have never used FSUIPC, I know there is a free edition and a payware edition.
No. There are no separate editions, only one for FS9 and before and one for FSx and later. Both provide interface functions for applications without user purchase, and offer a lot more user facilities after purchase. The application interface was always its main purpose, but a lot of extra stuff has been added over the years to meet user needs and requests.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Don't want to sound too dumb, but would somebody spell out in clear terms what the fix is? (or tell me which page of the thread to look at) I have G3D error in PNW region ONLY (regardless of a/c flown) and can't do a flight that last more than 2 hrs, was about to give up with FSX until I heard about this thread.I have never used FSUIPC, I know there is a free edition and a payware edition. In FS9 I think you needed it to get payware to work, but with FSX I have never bothered using it.Thanks for any help.
See this forum thread below for details of where to get the latest FSUIPC downloads, then update to the latest individual module also mentioned in that thread currently 4.749d, the fix is enabled even in the unregistered version but it would be nice if you would get the registered version as a way of saying thanks to Pete, wait a few days and use the unregistered version if you like to confirm it really has fixed the problem.http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/If you do decide you want to purchase then you need to purchase a licence from the site below, I believe SimMarket is the only place selling the licence these days.http://secure.simmar...n-fsuipc4.phtml

Cheers, Andy.

Ok, sounds good, I will go unregistered to test, and yes, registered would be a nice gesture to the man if he makes FSX alive again for me, fingers crossed.

-Iain Watson-

There is a downside to this fix from Pete. We may not see Word Not Allowed for a long time. Might be hard pressed getting him out of the cockpit. Big%20Grin.gif

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The log is in the modules folder which is inside the main FSX folder, the log file in question is created every time FSX is run, no extra logging options are required for this log to be created. It's called FSUIPC4.log
FSUIPC always produces a log, next to where it sits in the Modules folder.Oh, I see Andy beast me to it! ;-)Pete
Ok, thanks!

There is a downside to this fix from Pete. We may not see Word Not Allowed for a long time. Might be hard pressed getting him out of the cockpit. Big%20Grin.gif
Oh is that a downside or an up LOL.gif

Cheers, Andy.

Oh is that a downside or an up LOL.gif
Kind, sir... very kind... LOL.gifI did 3 flights already, including my checkride for DeltaVA, my FSX is purring like a cuddly cat. Love it.Especially worry-free flying, knowing everything's gonna be fine and try once again enjoy approaches and landings.

Kind, sir... very kind... LOL.gifI did 3 flights already, including my checkride for DeltaVA, my FSX is purring like a cuddly cat. Love it.Especially worry-free flying, knowing everything's gonna be fine and try once again enjoy approaches and landings.
I was able to fly from EDDS to EGKK for the first time with EBBR and EDDF enabled, Fantastic

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I was able to fly from EDDS to EGKK for the first time with EBBR and EDDF enabled, Fantastic
Yeah, ain't it something...But in the end, how far are we coming that we must be happy that the sim doesn't crash, right? Oh well, the humanity...