Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

If we already have fsuipc4, we can simply just replace. Is that correct?
That's correct. You ingame menu will then show the new version and the FSUIPC.log in the modules folder will also state a successful installation after it ran the first time.
********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.749c by Pete Dowson *********

And fully agreed to the sales statement. Pete surely deserves some more licensed drivers, not only for this achievement.For a final statement, some days (and reports) may have to pass, but I'm very thankful so far and will test some 'crashing' settings soon for example. I hope some more user reports find their way into this thread. E. g. the guys running a detailed GA plane in the dense KSEA area or something like that.Remember, Pete was asking for visible side effects. If that's still a valid question, reports will be welcome.

Hello Pete;I've tried the link to download the latest version,but its not working,I checked your site as well,and its not listed,where else can I get this.Thanks;Mark

He's moved it to the forums and now offers a 'd' variant. So get it here. http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

Later on if I'm awake enough I'll build one with better logging and put it up in the Download Links subforum over in my Support Forum. It'll be 4.749d as I'm not quite ready yet to move on to 4.75 (that will be a new release with updated documentation and installer, but probably not till January).Note that when a d update is available in the Support Forum the links in this thread to the c version will no longer work.RegardsPete
So the highlighted condition is now active.

He's moved it to the forums and now offers a 'd' variant. So get it here. http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/So the highlighted condition is now active.
Just downloaded and placed in replacement of the former one....I am going to try now and see what happens...can't believe we might have a fix...!!!!!

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

This is fantastic. Many thanks Pete. I can only concur what others have said. And thanks to Word Not Allowed and others for keeping this thread alive and all the testing. Where is my hankecheif ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just downloaded and placed in replacement of the former one....I am going to try now and see what happens...can't believe we might have a fix...!!!!!
You see what you started?? Shocked.gifApplause.gif

You see what you started?? Shocked.gifApplause.gif
LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, that bad OP. LOL.gifGuys, it works fine here. It has just prevented a crash and the log says.

5861051 **** G3D Bad pointer: 0x03826E6D  5861051	 Last file="D:FSXSimObjectsAirplanesPiper_J3CubmodelPiper_J3Cub"

Now, I'm flying the Maddog into KATL, so I have no idea why FSX is even looking for the J3. AI? However, fun to read the log and .. still flying! Thanks, Pete!Flying from a non AES airport into the AES KATL always gave me a CTD on final with my detailed planes. Only disabling AES helped, which is a bad workaround of course.

Thanks Pete! After a couple of hours of pushing everything to the max and flying into all my previous G3D.dll traps I was eventually able to induce a G3D.dll. Is this the right information?Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000ba79fFaulting process id: 0x1720Faulting application start time: 0x01ccaedfa001cde9Faulting application path: F:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xfsx.exeFaulting module path: F:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xg3d.dllReport Id: 04332b30-1adc-11e1-bb98-bcaec5751ddfKind regards,

Interesting. I hope this stays an exception though. Where and how did that happen?Edited. Stephen, can you also post the entries in the FSUIPC4.log in the modules folder? Should look like my stuff above your post.

Thanks Pete! After a couple of hours of pushing everything to the max and flying into all my previous G3D.dll traps I was eventually able to induce a G3D.dll. Is this the right information?
The info shows the address of the place where my patch is, which is a call into my checking routine and can't suffer such an error. So either you weren't using the right version of FSUIPC, or somehow Windows has allowed the G3D.DLL to be paged out and re-loaded without the patch, which should be impossible because once the data is altered it is altered.Where's the FSUIPC4.LOG showing the patch being operative? without seeing that I cannot comment further.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Ahhhhh! I only had the C edition, not the D. After the CTD I came in here and saw the D was available, and deleted the original and then put in D. I just reviewed the log and there is nothing there except showing C installed correctly. I will now try the D. Sorry Pete for the confusion. Whew.gif Kind regards,

Ahhhhh! I only had the C edition, not the D. After the CTD I came in here and saw the D was available, and deleted the original and then put in D. I just reviewed the log and there is nothing there. I will now try the D.
The only difference between C and D is a change in the log entry. It is cosmetic. The fix action is identical in both.From your previous post I have to conclude that you are not in fact using either C or D, or even B. Please post the actual log.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Here it is:********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.749a by Pete Dowson *********User Name=""User Addr=""FSUIPC4 not user registeredWIDEFS7 not user registered, or expiredRunning inside FSX on Windows 7Module base=61000000 172 System time = 29/11/2011 17:41:28 172 FLT path = "C:UsersTF3DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files" 187 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ... 187 FS path = "F:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X" 359 LogOptions=00000000 00000001 359 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed 359 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok 359 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay 359 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 2949 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0) 2949 Initialising SimConnect data requests now 2949 FSUIPC Menu entry added 2980 C:UsersTF3DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesRoyal Duke Skagit.FLT 2980 F:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesRealAir Duke TurbineRealAir_Duke_Turbine.AIR 72931 System time = 29/11/2011 17:42:41, Simulator time = 07:41:08 (15:41Z) 77252 Starting everything now ... 78266 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled 934992 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 862 secs = 20.6 fpsI just noticed that the copy was not even c, but a. I have no idea how that might have happened. I must have downloaded it and got them crossed. It is a VERY good thing I am not flying real metal up there!Kind regards,