Sign in to follow this  
manuthie

Tons of new screenshots

Why? Did you see some snow on the ground, have I missed a pic somewhere.......Clown.gif
I have an early beta of 10.2, lol....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Lets see FSX model a sinkhole!Whistle.giftongue.png
Why do you keep constantly throwing out snarky remarks on MSFS? That's a bad thing for the atmosphere of this forum and irritates current MSFS users and prospective X-Plane buyers. What would you say if someone on the MSFS forums would constantly make snarky references to X-Plane compared to MSFS?Marco

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

Not trying to cause a problem, but why in this shot are the 3 houses on the left side half under ground?
Hey Jim, These are all autogen placed and you can't get nail it for every home across the world. When you build autogen...you may build perhaps 1-2 hundred variations of residential homes for example....THEN you have to design those multiple hundred of homes to work on flat and hills because they're autotgen and autoplaced along OSM street data and also randomized and we're never sure which house gets put where. So then you design the houses with "deep" foundations to compensate for hill situations, but sometimes the land is such that it just can't make it....and in such a case, you have to live with the few homes that look funny so that another 2000 of them look great. I think a good example is like recreating a shape like say, the statue of liberty with lego bricks....you might say, "why is that look so blocky, that's not real?" ...and the answer is that we only have a limited number of pieces to represent a nearly unlimited set of circumstances so we're perfectly happy getting as close as we can with the pieces we have.-Tom Kyler
Why do you keep constantly throwing out snarky remarks on MSFS?
I agree, quit poking unnecessarily Goran, don't fuel the fire, you know there's some volatile personalities here that can't be put out. No need to compare, xplane population has grown with each release and it's not because we're out telling people how great it is....xplane speaks for itself and those who don't like it don't have to buy it.

Looks really good, especially the airport shots. Much more impressed by these screenies than anything previous, they look a lot cleaner, shows how much a difference AA can make. Any performance figures?

Why do you keep constantly throwing out snarky remarks on MSFS? That's a bad thing for the atmosphere of this forum and irritates current MSFS users and prospective X-Plane buyers. What would you say if someone on the MSFS forums would constantly make snarky references to X-Plane compared to MSFS?Marco
Marco, it's a joke. Do you know what a sinkhole is?

I agree, quit poking unnecessarily Goran, don't fuel the fire, you know there's some volatile personalities here that can't be put out. No need to compare, xplane population has grown with each release and it's not because we're out telling people how great it is....xplane speaks for itself and those who don't like it don't have to buy it.
You got that right, Tom.

Superb work Tom & Team!December is getting much closer...

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

very nice. Love the shuttle in particular. I do hope they get to improving the water a bit in the future, but it is ok now.

Daniel Miller

Hey Jim, These are all autogen placed and you can't get nail it for every home across the world. When you build autogen...you may build perhaps 1-2 hundred variations of residential homes for example....THEN you have to design those multiple hundred of homes to work on flat and hills because they're autotgen and autoplaced along OSM street data and also randomized and we're never sure which house gets put where. So then you design the houses with "deep" foundations to compensate for hill situations, but sometimes the land is such that it just can't make it....and in such a case, you have to live with the few homes that look funny so that another 2000 of them look great. I think a good example is like recreating a shape like say, the statue of liberty with lego bricks....you might say, "why is that look so blocky, that's not real?" ...and the answer is that we only have a limited number of pieces to represent a nearly unlimited set of circumstances so we're perfectly happy getting as close as we can with the pieces we have.-Tom KylerI agree, quit poking unnecessarily Goran, don't fuel the fire, you know there's some volatile personalities here that can't be put out. No need to compare, xplane population has grown with each release and it's not because we're out telling people how great it is....xplane speaks for itself and those who don't like it don't have to buy it.
Yes well said, almost reminds me on those useless immature discussions we had here in the past between FS9 and FSX lol

André