Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

Aerosoft Anchorage for FS9 Released!

I will be getting it as soon as I have my newly ordered PC (i5 2500k with GTX560Ti, 8GB RAM and Win 7 64-bit) at home.Should be ready next week and the performance will (hopefully) be rocking.See you in Alaska, guys!PS Once at PANC, I will change over into a cessna to meet Fleischman in Cicely, lol.

I just hope you (and anybody else) doesn't have the same problem I am now trying to recover my installation from. The Aerosoft Launcher really did a number on my scenery.cfg file and eliminated a bunch of Aerosoft and FSDT sceneries from the list. That's the same thing that was happening before I uninstalled it about three weeks ago. So I fixed the scenery.cfg file and uninstalled the Launcher. When I went back to PANC the AFCAD had vanished and all I had was the default. So I ran PANC installer without the launcher and did a "repair" and now it's all working fine - I think....I plan to start a seperate thread to see if the Launcher has created problems for others - I know of at least one other person. For now I just warn anybody who installs this scenery and uses the launcher - back up your scenery.cfg file at the very least before you run the Launcher. If you uninstall the launcher after the scenery is activated, back up your PANC AFCAD...Hypnotized.gif

I plan to start a seperate thread to see if the Launcher has created problems for others - I know of at least one other person. For now I just warn anybody who installs this scenery and uses the launcher - back up your scenery.cfg file at the very least before you run the Launcher. If you uninstall the launcher after the scenery is activated, back up your PANC AFCAD...Hypnotized.gif
It's odd that you've had problems with the Aerosoft Launcher. I own EVERY scenery that Aerosoft has ever produced, both for FSX and FS9... we're talking well over 100 scenery packages... and have never had a problem with the Launcher since they started using it a few years ago... in fact, it's actually been a great asset. It keeps all of my Aerosoft sceneries up-to-date and advises me of patches and new releases (that's actually how I found out about the release of PANC!)As far as I know, it doesn't mess with the scenery cfg at all... it just registers the scenery in your Windows registry with the proper serial key. It also manages a few standalone EXE files, like the AES Lite and Season Switcher.One thing I have noticed, though, is that if you install an OLDER Aerosoft product AFTER installing a newer product (let's say, for example you install PANC, but then you go back and install something like Gibraltar X which is a year or so older) the older scenery installer will install an older version of the Launcher... which will not be able to register the NEWER sceneries, because it was compiled BEFORE the new sceneries were released.What you should always do is download the STANDALONE Launcher installer from the Aerosoft site if you are going to be installing anything that is more than a few months old... the stand alone version will ALWAYS be the most recent version and it will be able to activate all currently available Aerosoft sceneries. In many ways, it is much like the BGLManager that FSDreamteam uses... except that FSDreamTeam sceneries always download the most current version of BGLManager during installation, even if you're installing one of their older sceneries. I wish Aerosoft did it that way...The most current version of the Launcher is 10.0.0.9...Anyway... I digress...I installed PANC last night and everything installed perfectly and I even did a FedEx flight from KSEA to PANC and the scenery was completely intact and trouble-free! And it is truly a work of art! I already had the FSX version of PANC and it, too, is spectacular! VERY frame-rate friendly and superbly detailed. I knew that if my FSX machine could chew it up, then the FS9 version would be a piece of cake! (I have identical machines - one dedicated solely for FSX and one dedicated solely for FS9)Anyway, you may want to pop over to Aerosoft's forum and bring up your problems with the Launcher... Shaun Fletcher is really helpful and will do whatever he can to help identify and rememdy the problem!

Does that mean it's another DLL that stays resident in memory when running the sim, or, is this simply a once off activation and then it goes away? I just installed Nice X and it asked me to install a installer and I declined to do it. Nice seems to have installed correctly although, I didn't think to check if it was all there.Please advise and thanks!Mark

If you buy the FS9 version you can get the FSX version for 50%. If you already own the FSX version is there a discount to buy the FS9 version? I fly both sims.

NAX669.png

Does that mean it's another DLL that stays resident in memory when running the sim, or, is this simply a once off activation and then it goes away? I just installed Nice X and it asked me to install a installer and I declined to do it. Nice seems to have installed correctly although, I didn't think to check if it was all there.Please advise and thanks!Mark
No.. it's a "one and done" thing... you have to activate the scenery within the Launcher (its a standalone program) - just enter your e-mail address and serial key and it adds it to your registry. Then you close the launcher and that's it. If you declined to install the Launcher after the scenery installed, then the scenery will not be visible in the sim. It's Aerosoft's way of both fighting piracy and alerting users to new updates. When you run the launcher and there is an update, it will download and install the update for you. You can just run the Launcher periodically to check for updates. It will list every Aerosoft scenery you have installed and it will check for updates for those sceneries.. it also alerts you to new scenery releases as well.It doesn't run in the background.. it only runs when you choose to run it. It's not like the FSDT bglman.dll which runs in the background. But you HAVE to activate your scenery with it after the initial installation, otherwise the scenery won't be visible in the sim.You should re-install the scenery and then when it asks if you want to install the Launcher, click yes, let that install and then it will run automatically when it is installed... then you just select the scenery name (in this case Anchorage for FS2004) from the list of installed Aerosoft products and then enter the required info. It'll take about 30 sec - 1min to activate.. once it's activated, then you can close the Launcher and forget about it.

It's a pity that not all Aerosoft sceneries are compatible with their launcher, or should I say only new sceneries designed IN-HOUSE are compatible. It really does seem to be quite a good piece of kit, haven't had any trouble with it.Cheers, SLuggy

Wow Sluggy, why do you think it's a pity?Mark

Simply because it can tell you if there is an update for a particular scenery that you may have missed. Why do you seem so suprised? I'm pretty sure Aerosoft isn't a front for KAOS or 'the top secret office where they run everything from'.Cheers, SLuggy

Interesting take. My take on it is that you might be negating any type of software licensing agreement that you might have in place with one wish.Mark

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean?Cheers, SLuggy
Hi Sluggy,Oh - sorry - I thought you were referring to KAOS from the original "Get Smart" serries - 1965-1970... I caught the re-runs - but - I'm old enough to remember them being on TV... I had thought you may have been from that same age group...:smile:Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott, I was referring to Mark's post after yours. Quick, follow me to the cone of silence, there's some nice pictures the Chief and I have of Agent 99...Love.gifCheers, SLuggy

Hey Sluggy! I was just surprised that you seemed willing to give it up so easy...hahaha!All kidding aside...here's what not reading a licensing agreement or knowing what you're getting yourself into can win you. Head over to winzip's site and look at the advertising for v16.00. First read through the web and after you're done, THEN go read the license agreement and see if you can match what is advertised to what will happen after you purchase it.That's why I was surprised...Mark