Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

anyone have the new pitts by Alabeo?

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger but a little hesitant, looks like a lot of fun..frames good? does it feel "real"??

Ciao!

Stunning frames, I am not sure about how "real" it feels because I do not know much about stunt aircraft. To me though, it is very fun and realistic!

Carenado support says that they had "inconsistent results" testing with WinXP,so will not warrant that it works..I find this really strange - cannot recall any other FSX add-on that is limited to Vista and Win7..Would be interested in feedback from users!

Bert

Guest BeaverDriver

I must admit, right now I'm rather concerned that Alabeo/Carenado has transferred their efforts from the Malibu and King Air to the Pitts. After waiting for so long for a decent King Air, I do hope we aren't left in limbo for the sake of the new company.

That concern does make sense, but by the way their marketing is being handled, it looks as though for the most part, they are separate teams working on different projects. Funny thing.... While browsing through some folders in FSX a few days ago, I actually saw in my Cessna 185 folder, a BMP file for the VC glass that has Alabeo in the file name, so chances are, they've had a working relationship long before this came up. This is all just a guess of course, but time will tell. If the Malibu gets pushed back to after the new year, then I would think the same as you Glenn. The Kingair C90 is not slated before the new year, so that is a different story. Have a great night. :)Best, Jeff

My personal opinion is that Carenado is still focused on the GA side. And Alabeo is a seperate entity all together producing aerobatic aircraft. It has been stated that the Alabeo team is not "per se" part of the Carenado dev team but a seperate sector filling the empty stomachs of the aerobatic crowd.Please don't quote the above statement. Just my view on what's happening.I have been attracted to the SU-26 for years! I will be all over that one. I have had several intense rides in Bill Cowans' Ray Ban pitt's out of CYNJ. What a blast!

I'll throw in another personal opinion. It doesn't make sense to me that Carenado would tool up an entirely new company with an entirely new staff. Given the size of most of these modeling companies it's not likely they could turn a profit without resource sharing. I believe that Carenado saw a market segment they thought was relatively untapped, that being sport aircraft. Since those model types don't dovetail nicely with Carenado's current models I think they decided to spin it off. No doubt there are new members on the Alabeo team but I believe that many of Carenado's resources are also being tapped by Alabeo. When asked in a previous thread about a Malibu release date, they said it was delayed with no details given as to why. I think the creation of a new spin off is part of or wholly the reason.None of this is neither here nor there and I wish both Carenado and Alabeo have great success. I do think however think that models I've been anticipating will most likely be delayed due to Alabeo. But as the saying goes, anticipation is half the fun!!

Guest bstolle
I do think however think that models I've been anticipating will most likely be delayed due to Alabeo.
Not the case. Ya all can relax :(