Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

Coolsky DC-9... take a look!

The CoolSky plane, is it just an Analog type or will it include an FMS, TCAS...obviously not EFIS.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Good question, Ron. Here's a bit on the AP. http://www.coolsky.n...-news&Itemid=50Can someone give a statement on how they aim for the system details? Sounds very detailed on the AP, so I don't expect anything 'lite' coming up there. Am I correct?On the CS 727 I'd recommend looking into the mods for it. Especially the FDE mod is worth a try. www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1319547655/4#4But the approach config 'starvation' sounds familiar to a certain extent. I think Lou, the former rw Captain, mentioned it too.

Indicator needles are pointing in every different direction and all requiring your attention and decisions.
Nicely put. That's the spirit! Like the 707 by the way?

Guest jahman

Y'all, since you're so hot for analog gauges, give the A2A Simulations B-377 Accusim a try! The FS's instrument panel is something to behold!

. Buy.Cheers,-jahman.

Good question, Ron. Here's a bit on the AP. http://www.coolsky.n...-news&Itemid=50Can someone give a statement on how they aim for the system details? Sounds very detailed on the AP, so I don't expect anything 'lite' coming up there. Am I correct?
It will be at least as detailed at the Coolsky Super 80 Pro, and it will also include the Super 80 Pro's training center and such.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It will be at least as detailed at the Coolsky Super 80 Pro, and it will also include the Super 80 Pro's training center and such.
That's grate news:)))Can't wait to get my hands on the DC-9 & fly some raw data approaches & SID/STARs, especially with those awesome looking VC instruments! Now I just have to find some document so I can pre-study the bird:)))

I take controls of the CS 727 every so often. Besides having fun with the cargo variant and using the loader, I got an eye-opener on landing one day. You really need to understand and watch what your flap settings will do for you or do to you. I deployed too many flap settings and the aircraft fell like stone at almost full throttle. I actually heard that this was a significant problem at some point in time with the reall 727s. But the best part is that you get a face full of gauges! Indicator needles are pointing in every different direction and all requiring your attention and decisions.
That´s what I like on these old birds! You really have to "work"! :( And with the flap setting you´re right. The first version were that slow on engine spool up that most airline didn´t allow to use the flaps on 40. 30 was mostly max.

Guest bstolle
The first version were that slow on engine spool up that most airline didn´t allow to use the flaps on 40. 30 was mostly max.
It's the other way round wink.pngThe slower the engine spool up, the higher the flap setting.With flaps 50 the engines are already nicely spooled up in case of a go-around.Less flap means less power and more time needed for the spool up.I haven't tried the new FDE for the CS727 but the original FDE is really awful, especially drag is way too high. With and without flaps.

It's the other way round wink.pngThe slower the engine spool up, the higher the flap setting.With flaps 50 the engines are already nicely spooled up in case of a go-around.Less flap means less power and more time needed for the spool up.I haven't tried the new FDE for the CS727 but the original FDE is really awful, especially drag is way too high. With and without flaps.
But why didn´t the most airlines allow using the flaps 40 stage then? ! don´t get it. :(

Looks great!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest bstolle
But why didn´t the most airlines allow using the flaps 40 stage then? ! don´t get it. unsure.png
The 727 is different from the DC-9 concering the flap setting. In the beginning quite a few crashes occured with the 727 because some pilots tried to dive with idle thrust and full flapsto re-capture the glide slope.But full flap on a 727 causes an unusual high amount of drag. That coupled with the rather slow spool up caused a few crashes when the pilots tried to pull up.That only happened with pilots that flew propliners before and contrary to a propliner even at full thrust you don't get any additional lift over the wings in a jet to help you during the pull out. That was a contributing reason as well for these crashes.With a smaller flap setting there's less drag and the rate of descend isn't that high at idle thrust. On the DC-9 the only approved flap settings are 40 and 50. 50 is a high drag setting, but not as high as on the 727.The 727 flaps had the highest lift coefficient ever for an airliner (2.79) and hence a lot of drag as well.

Y'all, since you're so hot for analog gauges, give the A2A Simulations B-377 Accusim a try! The FS's instrument panel is something to behold!
. Buy.
True. I'm already running this one and you are right, if taking the FE out, you have quite some switches and gauges to play with. laugh.png
This is good news. I wasn't a fan of the Super 80 in some aspects (as said, happy Maddog user here), the main 'offender' being the VC, but the DC-9 shots look amazing so far.

The 727 is different from the DC-9 concering the flap setting. In the beginning quite a few crashes occured with the 727 because some pilots tried to dive with idle thrust and full flapsto re-capture the glide slope.But full flap on a 727 causes an unusual high amount of drag. That coupled with the rather slow spool up caused a few crashes when the pilots tried to pull up.That only happened with pilots that flew propliners before and contrary to a propliner even at full thrust you don't get any additional lift over the wings in a jet to help you during the pull out. That was a contributing reason as well for these crashes.With a smaller flap setting there's less drag and the rate of descend isn't that high at idle thrust.On the DC-9 the only approved flap settings are 40 and 50. 50 is a high drag setting, but not as high as on the 727.The 727 flaps had the highest lift coefficient ever for an airliner (2.79) and hence a lot of drag as well.
All right, now I get it! Thanks a bunch, you really hepled me to understand that. :Bíg Grin:

Thanks for the HU on this. Looks very promising.I'm a huge fan of the DC-9's and the B727's, I actually have FS9 still installed for my Dreamfleet 727 and the old F1 DC-9.I'd love to have both of these for FSX, still hoping that Paul G will one day upgrade his 727 to FSX.I'll certainly be looking closely at purchasing this DC-9.

Warren

Sorry for asking a silly thing. That DC-9 is already available, right? All that McPhat now does is to rework the textures on the whole thing, which looks great by the way.Did I sum that up correctly? Worried.gif
Not quite.It is a completely new development. Where as The artwork is done by us and with artwork I mean 3D model, inside (VC) and out (exterior) and the textures inside and out. We do that for Coolsky, hired by Flight1. Coolsky does all the programming and is the main developer on the project and it will be released by Coolsky, published by Flight1.That's it in a nutshell.TerrenceMcPhat Studios