Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

Coolsky DC-9... take a look!

Those are the best (virtual) instruments I have ever seen! Now how about systems, guys....? :(
Coolsky simulates systems well. They know what they're doing!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Those are the best (virtual) instruments I have ever seen! Now how about systems, guys....? :(
If you read this : http://www.coolsky.n...-news&Itemid=50 it will give you an idea about system depth. AFAI can read it will have circuit breaker simulation, 140+ individual system failures and situations in 3 categories of emergencies and 14 categories of abnormal situations.

Coolsky simulates systems well. They know what they're doing!
Really, Zach? You need to fly the "Super80" for a week or two, and then do the same with the Leo "Maddog"...If Coolsky can acheive all the strong points - systems fidelity - of the Maddog - with the graphics that McPhat is known for - this DC-9 will break sales records, just as PMDG is in the process of doing with their NGX.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Really, Zach? You need to fly the "Super80" for a week or two, and then do the same with the Leo "Maddog"...If Coolsky can acheive all the strong points - systems fidelity - of the Maddog - with the graphics that McPhat is known for - this DC-9 will break sales records, just as PMDG is in the process of doing with their NGX.
Own them both. Liked them both. Its like comparing the ifly to the NGX. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

It won't, I'm sure of that. The Leonardo Maddog goes as far as to model the functioning of individual circuit breakers. Even the PMDG NGX doesn't have that. For the rest, I'm sure it will model every system faithfully.
All ciruit brakers (aft of the Captain AND on the overhead) are modelled, animated and programmed. Coolsky has an article on the failure system on their website news..TerrenceMcPhat Studios

You wouldn't find a single DC9 in service today without at an FMC? Don't suppose this has one? I don't think all the circuit breakers in the world won't make up for lack of a retro-fitted FMC, it's why I stopped flying their MD80, the OMEGA was a PITA for online flying. Looks beautiful though.

Edited by 747-fan

You wouldn't find a single DC9 in service today without at an FMC? Don't suppose this has one? I don't think all the circuit breakers in the world won't make up for lack of a retro-fitted FMC, it's why I stopped flying their MD80, the OMEGA was a PITA for online flying. Looks beautiful though.
Well then, stick to aircraft that aren't old.Since when was this true?
You wouldn't find a single DC9 in service today without at an FMC?
On the contrary, Delta's DC-9s use the old units. As did Northwest. You'd be lucky to find a retro-fitted DC-9. Edited by ZachLW

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

All ciruit brakers (aft of the Captain AND on the overhead) are modelled, animated and programmed. Coolsky has an article on the failure system on their website news..
Sounds like a really nice one is coming up there. With that detail, will there be something for the third party devs like MCE and FS2Crew to plug in?

Well then, stick to aircraft that aren't old.Since when was this true?On the contrary, Delta's DC-9s use the old units. As did Northwest. You'd be lucky to find a retro-fitted DC-9.
Lucky to find a retrofitted DC9? Doesn't look like it on airliners.net, but I guess you can't tell much from those pictures alone. Most don't seem to have the honeywell Boeing FMC, but looks more like the J41 FMC, although I'm not sure exactly what that box does it certainly looks like an FMC(just right of the weather radar display): dc-9-3.jpgI always thought that FMC (or other INS or GPS based navaids) was mandatory in modern airspaces for IFR flight. I don't understand how I'm supposed to fly this approach in the DC9 without some kind of FMC/INS/GPS:https://www.ippc.no/...NGM_4-25_en.pdfAnd before you ask, no there's no VOR approach to choose instead. I don't know if it's a European thing, but a lot of approaches don't have navaid based waypoints(NAVAID/RAD/DME), you'll need to be able to punch in coordinates or add names from a database (navdata).I'm hoping for an FMC of some kind, but I don't suppose it'll come for this version, but I'm hoping for a "DC9 PROFESSIONAL" package released later on or whatnot, to fit in with what's been released from this producer before. I'll most surely buy that.Hey, I'm just nagging because I care! Edited by 747-fan

The FMC-like device in the photo is an ACARS CDU, according to page 23.40.2 of the Northwest DC-9 flight manual. Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

My bad! I'm still at a loss on how to fly coordinate based waypoints in such a beast though, if anybody's got an idea on how this is handled in real life I'd greatly appreciate it!

My bad! I'm still at a loss on how to fly coordinate based waypoints in such a beast though, if anybody's got an idea on how this is handled in real life I'd greatly appreciate it!
They don't fly RNAV if they aren't equipped to do it. VOR/DME and ADF radios are used though to fly non-RNAV SIDs/STARs/AIRWAYS.

Note: the LANDR procedure KDEN. All waypoints are referenced to a VOR vector radial (GLIMR is VOR CYS 99 degree radial at 56 nm) for non RNAV equipped aircraft. Some procedures are RNAV only and will be noted in the descriptio. You get real good at VOR nav!! The waypoints all have long and lat for INS equipped aircraft also. A good example is the FONTO intersection. It is located at the intersection of the GILL 060 radial and the AKO 327 radial. . When the needles line up on those two coordinates you are at FONTO. Nav1 tuned to GILL and Nav2 tuned to AKO. No dme simply cross reference.09077landr0001.gifKSLC NORDK Note: (RNAV) . Requires Avanced Rnav equipment, FMC or GPs to use full procedure. Limited references to VOR or Lon and Lat info. Also list proc. for non GPS equip.00365nordk0001.gif

Edited by Barnstormer1