Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

Coolsky DC-9... take a look!

You're right of course. Been buying so much of their AU sceneries, that I forgot about their NA stuff...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'm with Bud. The over-contrasty look is nice an artistic, but not realistic. When I look out my window I don't see an HDR rendered world. I'd like to see what the plane really looks like in a sim without all the graphics effects added.

Eddie
KABQ

I'm with Bud. The over-contrasty look is nice an artistic, but not realistic. When I look out my window I don't see an HDR rendered world. I'd like to see what the plane really looks like in a sim without all the graphics effects added.

It's a promotional video, it's supposed to be like that.

I wish they'd use less post processing but yeah, it's an advertisement...

Anyway the plane looks excellent. I miss NWA and will probably buy this plane.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I wish they'd use less post processing but yeah, it's an advertisement...

Anyway the plane looks excellent. I miss NWA and will probably buy this plane.

I can definitely see Northwest Airlines in the DC-9 Classic tails on the main page..so not sure what you mean?

I can definitely see Northwest Airlines in the DC-9 Classic tails on the main page..so not sure what you mean?

He meant that he misses the actual airline.

Yup, the video is tweaked up a fair bit with video editing software, After Effects, Vegas or some such, but one can forgive them wanting to jazz up their promo video a bit, and I think we are all familiar enough with what FS really looks like to know that has been done.

There is one thing that definitely is incorrect in the promo vid though - if we want to be really picky - where a caption at the start states, 'no composites'; the nosecone of the DC-9 actually is made from a composite, since it is glass fibre. Anyway, regardless of the video being tarted up or picky points like that, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Agreed. I realize it is a promotional video and they could use cartoon drawings if they like.

That said, the real photos at their site are AMAZING. And I could use a nice analog classic since the Maddog is showing its age.

I'm in line as soon as it launches!

Eddie
KABQ

Right behind ya, Haskell! Move over Maddog!

:lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Right behind ya, Haskell! Move over Maddog!

:lol:

Never thought I would hear you say that Paul :lol: But I must admit, the DC9 could make my mad dog get rusty.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

the DC9 could make my mad dog get rusty.

That's the other disadvantage of not using composite materials :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well the 9 was around when the greater proportion of the radio and nav gear was tubed - little in the way of transistors, and weighed a ton!! The EDO weather radar power unit, for example was about eighty pounds, the transmitter being not much less.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi everyone,

I didn't read the entire thread, but has there been any mention of system requirements? I can just run the 737 NGX after doing some texture sizing and such. The incredible VC in this model looks like.... unless you have a 4.5GHZ or higher, forget about it. Could I be wrong? This is definitely a plane I would love to add to my collection for sure. I just want to be able to fly her rather than just admire her.

Best, Jeff

Just a guess but I think the DC9 pit will be much easier on your frame rate due to the lack of glass panels.