Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

Coolsky DC-9... take a look!

Exquisite. Big%20Grin.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

A little disappointed they aren't doing a DC-9-50 since this is the only type still flown by a major airline in the states (delta). Still looks awesome though

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

I'm glad to see them doing an old school airliner...

The everything must have an FMC/GPS/Space Shuttle-level automation crowds won't like it... gotta actually fly this baby!

:yahoo:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hi all,

Hope you enjoy this one when it comes out (even I don't know when lol),

True it is old school, been fun (and a long time) texturing inside,

Handy if you know how to use the old school computer (Yes it's a big round slide ruler),

but not needed as there is a lot in here to help you see ... http://www.coolsky.no/

An understanding of basic navigation will come in handy,

as quite rightly stated no FMC, but if you can fly, you can fly right?

many different ways to lock down where you are, the built in navigation simulator can help you there,

or break out the charts rulers and compass to go strike those arcs from DME stations,

and plot those angles from the ADF.

I find good old ebay has been a great source for nav charts, flight computers, and books,

all cheaper than your average flight store (and no i don't have a shop on ebay to promote lol).

Regarding graphics, are they the best? not for me to decide,

that's up to you.

One thing i can say after working through the beta test boards is the detail and thought

that has gone into the systems is extensive, including real dc9-30 pilots in there,

so I figure they must know their stuff! :)

I'm a propellor head myself, so to work on a Jet is something new for me,

and this might break me into them a bit more,

my only succesess with anything that didnt have a propellor are the 727,

I must be getting old lol, not into the new fangled FMC's yet,

I'll omit what happened on my first try in an ATR72 with one lol.

anyways,

stay and fly safe,

hope you enjoy this one when it's released.

sara

Sure we will Sara

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Looking forward to it....the texture work looks to be outstanding; looking forward to that vc in 1080p:) Thanks for putting all of the hours and hard work in coolsky and mcphat!!

Simon

Hi Sara!

Question: Seeing as how Avsim member Stevejp has fixed almost all of the "bad things" with DX10s Shaders, and it's now my platform - and I suspect, judging from the growing forum here - I have a need to know...

Is it DX10 compatible?

Many Thanks

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Well, you have a customer, then! A replacement for the Maddog is due....

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

From Coolsky's facebook: The DC-9 Classic has officially gone RTM!

RTM (Release To Marketing) means the final set of files have been sent off to Flight1, who is the distributor for the DC-9 Classic. It is now up to Flight1 to bring the product to the market and start selling it.

The development team is very excited about this release and we hope you are too.

ill be excited about planning a flight for use with this aircraft ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.