Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

Coolsky DC-9... take a look!

Just a guess but I think the DC9 pit will be much easier on your frame rate due to the lack of glass panels.

Typically. But there's also a lot going on in the systems and this aircraft also is no slouch visually.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

If Mcphat can make the VC have the same impact as there stunning liverys=no fps impact, then becasue its steam, not so many click spots, then fps could be amazing.

It's looks second to none.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm with Bud. The over-contrasty look is nice an artistic, but not realistic. When I look out my window I don't see an HDR rendered world. I'd like to see what the plane really looks like in a sim without all the graphics effects added.

McPhat always does that, also in their screenshots. Never been a fan of it... I also don't use it in my FSX setup.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The instruments closeup piccies look better than the new screenshot (VC). Not impressed at all. but then again it could be my monitor.

As Espen seas: "We still have a few more items to finish up before we are ready to start beta testing. The 2D panel is done. The manuals are done. The flight dynamics are done. The sounds are done. The 3D modeling is almost done. The texturing is almost done. All in all, we have a few small corrections to make to the internal and external 3D models, and a few bits of texturing left. Then we go to beta test, and finally the release!"

It's not yet done....

The instruments closeup piccies look better than the new screenshot (VC). Not impressed at all. but then again it could be my monitor.

I don't know what isn't impressive about that old Nine-o-saurus cockpit! It looks top quality.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I can admit that I was a little let down by the overall look of the cockpit compared to the up-close panel photos, but it still looks very good. And there still is some work to be completed on texturing, so it should look a bit better when complete. Still, I am very much looking forward to this because I think it will be the most complete retro airliner, except perhaps for the Concorde X.

I don't know what isn't impressive about that old Nine-o-saurus cockpit! It looks top quality.

This is your opinion.Mine differs.

True, but saying you are not impressed at all is quite disrespectful to the people who have been working hard on this product. Surely there is something positive to remark about while providing some constructive criticism. For example, I think that a little dirtying up of the panel and floor, and some more wear on the grey ledges at the bottom of the panel would look good. The black surface on the throttle area of the pedestal looks a little bland, but my guess is that it is not finished being textured.

This is your opinion.Mine differs.

No kidding. Yet you end it with "maybe it's my monitor".

In any case, don't be so quick to get defensive. Sharing my opinion that it looks "top quality" in response to your "unimpressed" mumbojumbo isn't stepping on your toes. Just sharing my thoughts.

I can admit that I was a little let down by the overall look of the cockpit compared to the up-close panel photos

I must be missing something in the screenshots! I'll ponder for a while.

Edit: Nope, I'm impressed. And I regularly sit in the cockpit of a Kittyhawk DC-90-30. But as "mindyerbank" eloquently stated, that's my opinion. :Nerd:

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

No kidding. Yet you end it with "maybe it's my monitor".

In any case, don't be so quick to get defensive. Sharing my opinion that it looks "top quality" in response to your "unimpressed" mumbojumbo isn't stepping on your toes. Just sharing my thoughts.

I don't get defensive. It _could_ well be that what I see is different because I installed new drivers and I did not caliber my monitor yet.So colors could be off.I hope you understand now.Sir.

True, but saying you are not impressed at all is quite disrespectful to the people who have been working hard on this product

I don't find it disrespectful. :blush:

I must be missing something in the screenshots! I'll ponder for a while.

Edit: Nope, I'm impressed. And I regularly sit in the cockpit of a Kittyhawk DC-90-30. But as "mindyerbank" eloquently stated, that's my opinion. :Nerd:

As I stated, I think it is just the pedestal that looks a little unfinished, but they did state there was more texturing to be completed. Because this is an old aircraft, I would prefer a very worn looking cockpit. The images to my eyes do show so wear and dirt, but not as much as I would like. Of course, this is my opinion and preference. Overall, I think it does look very good.

As I stated, I think it is just the pedestal that looks a little unfinished, but they did state there was more texturing to be completed. Because this is an old aircraft, I would prefer a very worn looking cockpit. The images to my eyes do show so wear and dirt, but not as much as I would like. Of course, this is my opinion and preference. Overall, I think it does look very good.

I see. The only thing that stood out to me was the lever knobs. I think you or someone else mentioned that, and you also mentioned the fact that these pictures aren't the finished product.

I don't get defensive. It _could_ well be that what I see is different because I installed new drivers and I did not caliber my monitor yet.So colors could be off.I hope you understand now.Sir.

I don't find it disrespectful. :blush:

Gotcha.

I didn't find the comment disrespectful at all. If you're not impressed, that's a matter of having different/higher standards.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Found this on McPhat's feecebook, the overhead panel, keep in mind that work is still in progress...