Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

Coolsky DC-9... take a look!

My problem with there MD-80 is the buttons arnt in 3D, which kills the VC IMO.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Sorry for asking a silly thing. That DC-9 is already available, right? All that McPhat now does is to rework the textures on the whole thing, which looks great by the way.Did I sum that up correctly? Worried.gif

Sorry for asking a silly thing. That DC-9 is already available, right? All that McPhat now does is to rework the textures on the whole thing, which looks great by the way.Did I sum that up correctly? Worried.gif
No it's not out yet, It's a whole new product....but I think it's in beta tests now & the developer said it will be out ASAP...just hope this means it's before Christmas!

Guest jahman

Cool! Those instruments look so real!Cheers,- jahman.

No it's not out yet, It's a whole new product....but I think it's in beta tests now & the developer said it will be out ASAP...just hope this means it's before Christmas!
Thanks, Robert. Then I've mixed that one up and therefore I'm now looking forward to the release. smile.png

The other developer that delivered a DC-9 product was Sky Simulations www.skysimulations.com/ You may have seen the release and various repaints for this one for the past couple of years.

Keith Guillory

Right you are. The Skysim is one. The other plane I recalled was the Super 80, so I've mixed them up and generated a new one, being already there. blush.pngI'm running the Maddog since years and would be very excited to see a nice analogue gauge VC in the quality shown. The Maddog only offers a 2D panel in that aspect for the MD but still is a nice plane on all the rest and features, plus Fs2Crew.

My problem with there MD-80 is the buttons arnt in 3D, which kills the VC IMO.
Don't worry, the DC-9 will have a fully 3D VC.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Right you are. The Skysim is one. The other plane I recalled was the Super 80, so I've mixed them up and generated a new one, being already there. blush.pngI'm running the Maddog since years and would be very excited to see a nice analogue gauge VC in the quality shown. The Maddog only offers a 2D panel in that aspect for the MD but still is a nice plane on all the rest and features, plus Fs2Crew.
Hello,I might end up with all of these products eventually, but actually getting in the available manuals and learning them is a different plan that I keep failing to stick to. Maddog with latest updates is one of my favorites. I made a new year resolution 2 years ago that I was going to commit to learning, but never made it too far. Then when Skysim releasing the DC-9 10 through 50 series, I bought it once I saw some military repaints available and learned quickly that if you do not set the proper settings prior to takeoff roll, you will suffer tremendously at the end of the runway. I enjoy the old jets!

Keith Guillory

Yes, the old ones are best. Give me some analogue gauges and at least two engines and I'm happy as can be. In this view, the Maddog may even be too modern. LOL.gif I'm also looking forward to 'old' 737 releases by the way.

Yes, the old ones are best. Give me some analogue gauges and at least two engines and I'm happy as can be. In this view, the Maddog may even be too modern. LOL.gif I'm also looking forward to 'old' 737 releases by the way.
Funny, but I couldn't agree more. The only aircraft I have ever flown solo had analogue gauges and 2 engines. I think the newest tail number was 1969 registered airframe T-37B.

Keith Guillory

Can't Second that harder!! :( I'll definitely get the CS 727 as I highly enjoyed flying the Dreamfleet 727 in FS 9. If this DC-9 is out and shown its values, I really think of getting this one too.

Can't Second that harder!! smile.png I'll definitely get the CS 727 as I highly enjoyed flying the Dreamfleet 727 in FS 9.If this DC-9 is out and shown its values, I really think of getting this one too.
I take controls of the CS 727 every so often. Besides having fun with the cargo variant and using the loader, I got an eye-opener on landing one day. You really need to understand and watch what your flap settings will do for you or do to you. I deployed too many flap settings and the aircraft fell like stone at almost full throttle. I actually heard that this was a significant problem at some point in time with the reall 727s. But the best part is that you get a face full of gauges! Indicator needles are pointing in every different direction and all requiring your attention and decisions.

Keith Guillory