Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

Anyone can change the call-sign on the plane for me?

Hi guysIs there anyone that can change or can tell me how to easily change the call sign on the ngx. I fly the Ryanair livery butI would like to have the G-BUTE on the outside as well as in the flightdeckTHx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Just to clarify for your future reference,Callsign = Changes with each flight, linked to the flight number in most cases,Aircraft reg = what you are talking about, fixed to a unique aircraft, for example G-BLGE

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Just to clarify for your future reference,Callsign = Changes with each flight, linked to the flight number in most cases,Aircraft reg = what you are talking about, fixed to a unique aircraft, for example G-BLGE
Thx for keeping me right. You never stop learningThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Thx for keeping me right. You never stop learningThx Ian
Also don't forget that the "B" at the beginning of the registration stands for aircrafts between 14.000kg and 20.000kg. So a 737 would be an "A". At least in germany, not sure wether it's the same with other countrys, but I still think so.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hi guysIs there anyone that can change or can tell me how to easily change the call sign on the ngx. I fly the Ryanair livery butI would like to have the G-BUTE on the outside as well as in the flightdeckTHx Ian
The only way you can change the registration on the outside of the NGX is to modify the textures. Not too difficult if you have the right paint tools and can match the font correctly. It's only on default aircraft that the registration letters/numbers are updated graphically, but the visual effect is so poor it's no surprise the technique isn't used by add-on developers.Kevin Hall
Also don't forget that the "B" at the beginning of the registration stands for aircrafts between 14.000kg and 20.000kg. So a 737 would be an "A". At least in germany, not sure wether it's the same with other countrys, but I still think so.
That certainly doesn't apply to UK or US registrations.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

That certainly doesn't apply to UK or US registrations.Kevin Hall
I knew that this was true for US aircrafts as they all start with "N", but it's new to me that the Britians don't have the same system than germany.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Emi,The OP is talking about the aircraft registration .The US use N,UK uses G,Eire use EI Germany uses D etc.Are you confusing the designations used by individual countries which classify aircraft according to weights etc?

GuysI am not really bothered about weights as |Germany does with the reg numbers. (See I learned) And yes Ryanair is Ireland so it would be EI.But I want on my 738 G for Great Britain and BUTE as I live on the Island of Bute. Why not?Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

I knew that this was true for US aircrafts as they all start with "N", but it's new to me that the Britians don't have the same system than germany.
The UK and Germany aren't the same country so why would they have the same system? The UK, like Germany, uses a national letter then four other letters. In Germany the first letter signifies the class of aircraft. This isn't the case in the UK, within limits you can request any four letters you want if they aren't already being used.Kevin Hall
GuysI am not really bothered about weights as |Germany does with the reg numbers. (See I learned) And yes Ryanair is Ireland so it would be EI.But I want on my 738 G for Great Britain and BUTE as I live on the Island of Bute. Why not?Thx Ian
Why not indeed, but to get that you'll have to repaint the registration letters on the Ryanair textures, as I explained in post #6. Unless you can persuade a friendly repainter to do it for you.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

That's German air law only.It has always annoyed me when ppl not knowing about this make German airline liveries with nonsense fantasy registrations which don't take this into account.

Dave P. Woycek

After the dash, every country maintains its own rules. For example, in Czechoslovakia (and continued with CSA, but not for ex. Travel Service) the first letter after OK- denotes year of registration (I think we are somewhere in the range of Q or R now), second the aircraft type (in CSA, it is for ex. D for Tu-104, A for A310, G for 737 family, F for ATR family, E for A320 Family). Last letter being the aircraft sequence for ex WAB then YAC.Most other airlines choose their own system(for ex. Travel Service has SWx for Smart Wings 737-500 and TVx for NGs, Sky Europe had SKY, SPY, FLY etc for Emb 120s, then SEx for classic 737s and NGx for NGs, Seagle used HLx, Air Explore uses xEX - OMAEX, OMBEX)