Sign in to follow this  
garrynoblek

PMDG 737NGX - Engine sound stuck at same pitch level

HiGot this really annoying issue with the PMDG 737NGX engine sounds and wondering if this happens to anyone else...Flying along a cruise level, engines humming along as they should. Flying the approach which the engines throttled back and then it hits me...the engine is still at the same noise level as if its still in the cruise. I hit pause then unpause and all is well, back to the way it should be. Does this fairly often and its bugging me. (hope this makes sense)Anyone else experiencing this?Thanks,Garry

Garry,Try, press your MSFSX sound on/off key (cycle it).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I could do that and that would do more or less the same thing as pausing and unpausing, in effect forcing it to use the correct engine pitch but I'm wondering what's causing it in the first place

Garry,It is an FSX bug which affects all aircraft - it happens when you change views. Pressing Q twice is better than pausing.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Garry,It is an FSX bug which affects all aircraft - it happens when you change views. Pressing Q twice is better than pausing.
So i'm guessing theres no fix to this then? i wonder if there's some sort of script i could come up with that would every now and again do the sound on/off thing for you allowing you to spend more time concentrating on flying and less on the shortcomings of FSX Worried.gif

HiGot this really annoying issue with the PMDG 737NGX engine sounds and wondering if this happens to anyone else...Flying along a cruise level, engines humming along as they should. Flying the approach which the engines throttled back and then it hits me...the engine is still at the same noise level as if its still in the cruise. I hit pause then unpause and all is well, back to the way it should be. Does this fairly often and its bugging me. (hope this makes sense)Anyone else experiencing this?Thanks,Garry
Hi i had a similar problem not the same as yours but my engine sound would go away and come back usually i had to press q twice to bring it back, but some one at radar contact gave me a tip which solved the problem for me. which was a simple one. Go to your control panel select the sound option than select the communication tab than there will be 4 boxes in whcih u can select. Tick the box that says do nothing than exit. hope this solves peoples problems with the engine sounds etc it did with me got no more disppearing sounds now

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So i'm guessing theres no fix to this then? i wonder if there's some sort of script i could come up with that would every now and again do the sound on/off thing for you allowing you to spend more time concentrating on flying and less on the shortcomings of FSX Worried.gif
All except the RealAir Duke, they seemed to have by-passed the problem.