Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Weekend Update: 02DEC11 (only 22 more shopping days?!)

Yeah, I'm not really into simulating murder either, but hey, whatever floats your boat. On a different note, why is this SP called SP1b and not SP2? I think the whole idea of having an SP1b defeats the concept of a service pack.

Each to there own man, a mean, it is only a game...not real.
- do you think it would be ok to make a game that simulates beating children..or worse?it aint real -right?

Peter Osborn

Man, as much as I hate going off topic, but why do people yearn to play reality destruction games? Like, I get someone playing destruction games of fictional beings, space, or something... but simulating reality of war? I guess you all think wars we had in our past are not enough (killing people), now we need to simulate more to feed the human passion for destruction and killing?Sad... and quite sick.
Because no one really ends up dying in games, real war is absolutely disgusting in all ways imaginable. I'm also a pacifist... Quite ironic, isn't it? tongue.png Adding to this, battlefield is far from being a war simulator, the only thing that ever came close to a milsim in the battlefield series was the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. And that was one unforgiving mod, not very fun unless you had some serious players in your squad...Cheers,

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Because no one really ends up dying in games, real war is absolutely disgusting in all ways imaginable. I'm also a pacifist... Quite ironic, isn't it? tongue.pngAdding to this, battlefield is far from being a war simulator, the only thing that ever came close to a milsim in the battlefield series was the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. And that was one unforgiving mod, not very fun unless you had some serious players in your squad...Cheers,
Ioan, only thing I saw from BF3 was a trailer. And that was quite enough to conclude that this is a war simulator. You walk up to the man and stick a knife in him. What's there that's not a war sim? Also driving around in a buggy and shooting people down...No, noone really dies - but it gives you the impression of someone dying. Like someone said, should we simulate killing children? Would be the same thing, right?As I said, I find some games way different (although my gf doesn't quite agree with me), but I find killing our own kind (reality-check?), live or in a game, simply disgusting however you put it.There's simply one distinct line between BF3 and say Crysis3 or Starcraft2 or some other battle games. Killing has always been a part of computer game, and itself it ain't that bad. But, putting it into a context of a war simulation and missions that resemble real world scenarios, is quite disturbing if you ask me.

Ioan, only thing I saw from BF3 was a trailer. And that was quite enough to conclude that this is a war simulator. You walk up to the man and stick a knife in him. What's there that's not a war sim? Also driving around in a buggy and shooting people down...No, noone really dies - but it gives you the impression of someone dying. Like someone said, should we simulate killing children? Would be the same thing, right?As I said, I find some games way different (although my gf doesn't quite agree with me), but I find killing our own kind (reality-check?), live or in a game, simply disgusting however you put it.There's simply one distinct line between BF3 and say Crysis3 or Starcraft2 or some other battle games. Killing has always been a part of computer game, and itself it ain't that bad. But, putting it into a context of a war simulation and missions that resemble real world scenarios, is quite disturbing if you ask me.
I agree with you, but it's still very preferable to have all of these killings in a computer program rather than in real life. Until mankind decides to grow up.. or decides to pick on other intelligent sentient species (which would be foolish if you ask me).In all honesty I'm glad there are people like you, it gives me faith that once day man will become a more peaceful kind, or as my hero Carl Sagan said it:"The Mankind that will reach the stars will be similar to us, but with fewer of our weaknesses and more of our strengths."Sorry for the derailment.Cheers'

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I can't abide cruelty to animals or children. I could never play a hunting game where you have to shoot a deer for example ie DeerHunter.however I have absolutely no problem pumping bullets into a simulated human or blowing up a room full of simualted people.

Guest venustus01

If you guys want to play an "elegant" game try "Portal 2".It is amazing!

Focus on flying safely as you all have many passengers and crew to get to their destinations in one piece, so that those who want to play BF3 can do so once safely at their respective destinations.Whistle.gif

Absurd. I suggest Pilotedge.netProfessionals.
Pilotedge is an interesting alternative to the free online networks for sure but living in Europe I like a network that is not only for US and I just watched their homepage where they say the limited coverage area is to get more traffic and by that a more realistic environment to fly in but at this very moment there is one pilot flying on Pilotedge and 666 pilots flying on IVAO...Of course this might to some degree be due to the different time zones but I still think they would get LOTS of more pilots if they decided to expand their coverage because their idea having a more serious and "professional" network where you will always have good ATC is for sure a great idea!!Now this might not be for you depending on where you live and during what times you have a chance to fly but if you can and will I would like to suggest you come and fly on IVAO in Sweden on a Wednesday 18-20 zulu time when the Swedish IVAO division has it's weekly online event with most ATC positions manned and I think you would be surprised by the "professionalism". Of course I'm biased since I'm a Swede myself :( but must say I'm always very proud of the Swedish ATC on IVAO when I enter their airspace !!

Richard Åsberg

Pilotedge is an interesting alternative to the free online networks for sure but living in Europe I like a network that is not only for US and I just watched their homepage where they say the limited coverage area is to get more traffic and by that a more realistic environment to fly in but at this very moment there is one pilot flying on Pilotedge and 666 pilots flying on IVAO...Of course this might to some degree be due to the different time zones but I still think they would get LOTS of more pilots if they decided to expand their coverage because their idea having a more serious and "professional" network where you will always have good ATC is for sure a great idea!!Now this might not be for you depending on where you live and during what times you have a chance to fly but if you can and will I would like to suggest you come and fly on IVAO in Sweden on a Wednesday 18-20 zulu time when the Swedish IVAO division has it's weekly online event with most ATC positions manned and I think you would be surprised by the "professionalism". Of course I'm biased since I'm a Swede myself wink.png but must say I'm always very proud of the Swedish ATC on IVAO when I enter their airspace !!
I frequently fly SAS routes on IVAO from Sweden, just missed today's online but I did a short hop from Rotterdam to Manchester

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK