Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Newbie Questions

Hopefully someone can assist, since I don't have XPX ,most are for XP91) Can you undock different views/gauges for display on a different monitor?2) What's the preferred method of generating flight plans?3) I see alot of XP9 videos, but most have no ATC, is the ATC really that bad?4) What are the essential plugins/ addons?5) Any common tweaks used to boost performance?

Hopefully someone can assist, since I don't have XPX ,most are for XP91) Can you undock different views/gauges for display on a different monitor?2) What's the preferred method of generating flight plans?3) I see alot of XP9 videos, but most have no ATC, is the ATC really that bad?4) What are the essential plugins/ addons?5) Any common tweaks used to boost performance?
1. No..unless you are networked.2. FSBuild does a very good job and exports an x plane format.3. XP9 ATC is a shocker. XP10 is a polar opposite to XP9. HUGE improvement.4. Gizmo (http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/gizmo.php). Anything from X-Aviation. 5. Nothing needs tweaking as far as single files (If you're wanting to compare to FSX.CFG). All the tweaking is done in the settings. Unless you want to follow NickN's tweaking guides for making Windows faster. (Do those at your own risk)

Goran, thanks for the info. So for a home cockpit builder are there any good gauge packages Xplane compatible.

Goran, thanks for the info. So for a home cockpit builder are there any good gauge packages Xplane compatible.
Actually, I wouldn't know with regards to gauge packages. But I have seen some absolutely sick set ups with home cockpit gauge hardware that work seamlessly with X Planes gauges.Have a look at x-aviation.com or x-plane.orgI remember seeing some posts about home cockpits in those forums.

Anything that is FSUIPC driven should be compatible via XPUIPC. I'm making a software solution for my simpit that relies on FSUIPC as it's interface. This was done simply due to FSUIPC being now cross platform compatible with FS9/FSX/XP9 and hopefully XP10, but it hasn't been tested AFAIK.

For a while, they were interfacing all the datarefs to drive the offsets for any PM or standard offset in the offsets description file. I couldn't find any I needed for my software that weren't in there. Just no fun flying my sim around a world with no interactive AI. XP10 will be better in that regard, but until the AI are more realistic with timetables and such, won't be 100%, but still it will be usable.

Hopefully someone can assist, since I don't have XPX ,most are for XP92) What's the preferred method of generating flight plans?3) I see alot of XP9 videos, but most have no ATC, is the ATC really that bad?4) What are the essential plugins/ addons?5) Any common tweaks used to boost performance?
XP9 Stuff:2) I use FS Commander to generate my flight plans. Be aware that if you are using current AIRAC cycles there might be a database mismatch in some cases. On the plus side I got it to work within X-Plane and slave the aircraft GPS to FSC. I don't use the function but it is there.The freeware planners mentioned are also fine.3) Just get a VATSIM account. XP9 "ATC" is a laugher.4) Checklister for your airplanes and Clear Skies. Oh the USB dongle so you can forget about having the discs in the drive is handy-no idea if its still available.5) Once I got it set up I forgot the setting page existed.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

I've got a question:How do you set up a joystick hat-switch to move the view smoothly around the 3D cockpit? Currently I have it assigned to what I assume are the appropriate settings, but it basically doesn't work.

I've got a question:How do you set up a joystick hat-switch to move the view smoothly around the 3D cockpit? Currently I have it assigned to what I assume are the appropriate settings, but it basically doesn't work.
I use the (General command: pan left), (General command: pan right), etc... Seems smooth to me.Make sure your in the 3d command view.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I use the (General command: pan left), (General command: pan right), etc... Seems smooth to me.Make sure your in the 3d command view.
I think part of the problem is that my hat switch is registering as an axis instead of buttons, and there is no "general command: pan right" in the axis drop down list. I'll have to check my joystick documentation and see if there's a way to make it read as buttons instead.

As I mentioned get the Clear Skies plugin for XP9. It works really well.And once you are all set up with your equipment...go enjoy!An XP9.7 flight last night on VATSIM:Its a pretty good looking sim if you ask me Whistle.gif**edit**No add-ons for sky color. This is default.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg