Sign in to follow this  
BenW

Suggest a <- 1hr flight thread

Okay so I don't have time to sit in front of the screen in the cruise for hours these days, so I tend to only do flights of around 200nm in length, which mean sectors of around an hour in total block to block.I'm looking to try some new routes, but the stipulations are:- AES at the departure end at least (I find it adds so much immersion to the sim)- Decent sceneries at both ends- Big enough for the iFly 737Here are some that I regularly do:EGAA - EGPHEGAA - EGNTEGAA - EGPFEGNT - EGLLEGCC - EGLLEGLL - EHAMEGLL - EGNVEICK - EGGDEIDW - EGGPEGAA - EIDWELLX - LSZHLSZH - LSGGOMDB - OOMSLFPG - EGKKEGKK - EGJJAny more suggestions guys?

Hi.Have you thought of much longer routes? You could go to work, to the pub or to sleep while the plane flies the boring bits for you.D

Don't go to the pub. I've tried it. The landings are rarely very pretty!blush.png

NAX669.png

Hi.Have you thought of much longer routes? You could go to work, to the pub or to sleep while the plane flies the boring bits for you.D
Yes but I find it much more immersive to do a whole flight myself. With a 200nm sector by the time you reach TOC there's just time to sort out the arrival, get the FMC set up and have a look through the charts and then you're into the descent. I do have a short attention span though!

I agree, 1 to 1:30 hour flights are about all i can take. i can do longer but it has to be a point A to point B to point C tyoe of flight with about a 200 nm distances between points where i always have to be doing something either setting up the fmc, tinkering with nav radios for the approach etc.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1:30 hrs airborne would be typical of Southern England to Northern Italy. Don't forget to add on of course your pre-flight checks etc.Which would mean crossing the Alps so don't forget your drift down and depressurisation charts as they are essential!vololiberista

Have you thought of the East coast or West coast of North America.East coast airports inclued CYYZ,KBOS,KEWR KJFK,KLGA KIAD KPHL,KBUF,KCTL,KCVG,KORD,KMDW,KATL,KFLL,KMSY,KTPA.West coast airports inclued KSEA,KPDX,KSFO,KSAN,KSJC,KLAS,KDEN,KMCI,KDFW. All these Airports are AES capable. Also KLAX and KMIA are to be done soon by Oliver.A couple of more airports would be PANC and PHNL but they are much further away.You shold be able to fly from any of these airports to another AES airport in close to an hour.Happy flying

All these are around an hour give or take 5-10 mins in a 737 and have AES capability at the departure airport.EGCC-EIDWEGCC-EHAMKSFO-KLAXOf course if you were to switch to Concorde you could try...LIRF-LIMC (along the coast)EGCC-LFPG (never mind laying the sonic boom especially over France) wink.pngLEMG-LEBL (another coastal route at Mach 2, FL570.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Most of my flights tend to be 2-4 hours over Europe,mostly from EGCC, all departures and destinations AES enabled. However, I don't sit there for all that time. When PFE have cleared me for the cruise, I am able to move about. Just have to be there for the descent.Occassionly, I set up an east bound overnight flight from the USA to Europe. Again, once in the cruise I can go to bed. Wake up in time for the final hour.John

For the more chilled out flights, you could depart from UBBG...LOLGanja International Airport (Azerbaijani: Gəncə Beynəlxalq Hava Limanı) (IATA: KVD, ICAO: UBBG) is an airport serving Ganja

Don't go to the pub. I've tried it. The landings are rarely very pretty!blush.png
LMAO.gif& It isn't a 737 route, perhaps EGBB - EGPH? (Flew that on a FlyBe Dash 8 & EMB195)Or if you'd like a classic 737 route (perhaps the new Enigma model) then EGNX - EGPF with BMI Baby.Flown both of those routes and having tried them on the sim, they'd fit perfectly into your timescale.

PANC-PAYA (737-100 or 200 in real world but 600-700 NGX will still do) about an hour.PANC-PAFA (" ") less than a hour (just)PAJN-KSEA bit longer maybe 2Hr?CYVR-KPDXAll an hour or so (ie 4-500nm) with UTX Can/AK, Glacier Bay sceneries and addons, CYYJ free addon, CYVR free and KPDX stunning 02 paywareSCCi-SAWH (unlikely in the real world) both have free addonsFACT-FADN (737-800?) aeroworx addons - about 2Hrs thoughNZCH-NZQN (actually an airbus I think but 737 perfectly valid ....and stunning). All freeware addons. Short flightEGPF-EKVG (OK not really in the real world - v short landing at EKVG but a 600 will do it - give it a try its great) EGPF payware, EKVG free and paid available - about 350nmEDDF- LOWI (esp RWY 08 with the 180 right turn just over the valley shelf...) sure i saw a youtube vid of a 737 landing that wayHope these aren't too long for you - from memory most are within 1-1.5 hrs anyway. (200-750nm)Ray

under an hour?cyvr to kseacyqq to cyvr or kseacyqq to cyyc or cyegthe last ones may be just over an hour.i do all these regularly because i just dont have more than an hour or so to fly anymore.hope these help.

Most of my short flights are around home,PHNL-PHOG, PHMK, PHLIor starting fromPHOG - PHKO, PHTO, PHNLI also fly out of RKSIRKSI - RKPC, RKJJ, RKPP, RJFF, ZSPD, ZSSSOr WBGGWBGG - WSSS, WMKK, WBSB, WBKKGenerally there are addons (free and pay) for these destinations.scott s..