Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

November FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

Welcome to the November FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots! I may not have been able to find ALL the locations, but here are the ones I did find. I just wanted to post what I have for now and if I find any others later, I'll be sure to post them. I also uploaded these images to my website's server this time around. That way, if I get the chance, I can paint the Stearman in the correct livery, take a new shot, (I saved the flight in FSX) and re-upload the shot. :( Keep in mind that the closest aircraft to the Flight RV-6A that I could find was the FSX native RV-7, which is payware, so the focus of shot #4 should be more on the scenery, as the aircraft can't be fairly compared.Screenshot 1FSXlihue_airstrips_fsx.jpgFlightlihue_airstrips_flight.jpgScreenshot 2FSXmaule_vc_bank_fsx.jpgFlightmaule_vc_bank_flight.jpgScreenshot 4FSXvans_lihue_approach_fsx.jpgFlightvans_lihue_approach_flight.jpgScreenshot 6FSXwaimeacanyon_sunset_fsx.jpgFlightwaimeacanyon_sunset_flight.jpgScreenshot 7FSXlihue_sunset_fsx.jpgFlightlihue_sunset_flight.jpgScreenshot 8FSXlihue_daytime_overview_fsx.jpgFlightlihue_daytime_overview_flight.jpgEach month, the differences seem to be more and more extreme. It's very pleasing to see how far the visuals have come since FSX. Hopefully this will be a very successful release!

Brandon Filer

Great comparisons, Thanks for putting these together, I imagine it must be very tedious work to match these up, but you did a great job!It looks like they got the cockpit shadows finally worked out. The ones from the FSX DX10 preview were horrible. These look more on par with what ive seen in DCS A10 and IL2 COD.Trees look much better in Flight and so do the clouds. One dissapointing thing I notice is the raindrops still dont seem to appear on the windshield (at least I cant tell from the shots). I hope we still dont have that horrible "flying through a wormhole" effect like we have in FSX.Rob

How do you get clouds to appear in the right spots when you do your FSX shots? Such as the one of the cockpit panel.

Nice set of comparisons. Thanks for taking the time and effort...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

How do you get clouds to appear in the right spots when you do your FSX shots? Such as the one of the cockpit panel.
Trial and error. Everytime you make a altitude/density change to clouds in FSX, the location of each cloud changes. So I kept making slight changes until one just happened to end up where it was supposed to. On that one, I also didn't get an exact location since the Maule cockpit is the focus in the shot. I did make the effort to get the clouds right though. :(

Brandon Filer

Very impressive! Thanks for your time and effort, this helps us to see what a the differance in quality will be.

the landclass image in the first shot look almost identical for FSX & Flight? look at the upper left the brown area.

Guest jahman

Well done! Many thanks!Cheers,- jahman.

Thanks again Brandon, the attention to detail in your comparisons is amazing.

Thanks Brandon. I agree with Comanche. It sure does have nicer trees and clouds.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.