Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

HU: 737 PIC Evo available as of now

For me the FPS wobble a bit. Overall they aren't the best, being relatively low in almost all places (lower than other addons I have, anyway). However, during my last flight into EDDV at night, with lots of rain and low visibility, it actually performed rather well. I'll do more testing the coming days though, see how it fares on approach to KORD and such.CoolP: Will do. Just downloaded a pack from Avsim, and will give the payware options a look. I'll try them out on some of the upcoming flights.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I went into Aerosoft's LFPG and that was a tough one. But the airport itself is a hog, so it's the combination I think. On the other occasions, I'm happy with the FO's displays tuned down on the refresh rate. This also helped me a ton with the J41, so I would compare those two fps wise. Definitely not a charmer in that aspect.On the sounds. I've just mentioned the Flight1 AE because quite some may run it and it comes with a -800 set. It's just a simple folder replacement to receive better sounds then. Of course, I would have been more happy to see the 'Evolution' coming with an enhanced set. But if you look at the file dates in the original one, you may get into dreaming about the good ol' times. laugh.pngAs said, the whole clicksounds, GWPS, FO callouts and things can be altered in another folder (FeelThereb737 v2Sounds). I've just replaced the engine sounds in the aircraft's folder as the rest is ok for me.

Not planning on purchasing, nor' ever was, but from all of the screenshots (From users and from the Wilco website), this add-on looks terrible, especially for the money they are asking. Exterior model - why even bother making one if it's this inaccurate and the textures are so basic and dull? Cockpit graphics are sub-par even compared to the Wilco PIC FS2004 edition released so many years ago. Obviously cannot comment on the systems. Sorry. Really should be embarrassed.

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

Not planning on purchasing, nor' ever was, but from all of the screenshots (From users and from the Wilco website), this add-on looks terrible, especially for the money they are asking. Exterior model - why even bother making one if it's this inaccurate and the textures are so basic and dull? Cockpit graphics are sub-par even compared to the Wilco PIC FS2004 edition released so many years ago. Obviously cannot comment on the systems. Sorry. Really should be embarrassed.
Guess not all of us were that smart, I was really hoping for a good FSX native 737 classic...so much for this.....I still think this is a prematurely released alpha-version (even for a beta there are too many glitches) in an ill-advised attempt to catch the christmas business.

I'm still holding out that PMDG will do a classic version. Maybe its their secret project? Doubtful, but one can wish right? Wouldn't be to hard but PMDG has set the bar so HIGH. I won't leave the NGX unless I'm flying a bug smasher... Feelthere or Wilco gave it a shot but they need to step up their game. I'm guessing the 732 by CaptianSim will be decent but who knows we will have to wait and see. The NGX has been a gift from the heavens but at the same time a curse ;) lolHappy Holidays everyone...!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Flies great, nice heavy feel to it, graphics suck.. LNAV needs work as well as LOC capture.. I don't know if you can, but I'd like to be able to get the yoke out of there and move the armrest.. VC needs a LOT of work, looks ridiculous.. In my opinion, save your money..

Tony Fontaine

Thanks for the reviews - CoolP and Thralni very informative :). Looks similar to the old Wilco PIC just a native FSX version, as the original was a killer on frames how does this fair ?
I had the original PIC but from the screen shots I have seen of this one, it's looks like a 5th grade coloring class did it, no way it's as good as the original. I'm waiting for the CS to complete.

Jay

I'm sorry, but the screenshots here show the V1 plane. http://www.avsim.com...7PIC/737PIC.htm Or take this one. http://flightsim.com...c737/pic737.htmPithy statements may please some readers, but I think looking at the screens may offer a nice opportunity to check if they have a basis or not. smile.pngHere are two shots from V1. Note the "slight" difference when it comes to 3D parts for example.Virtual-Cockpit-2.jpg73705.jpgHere's the Evolution. Click for big.42703029.th.jpg63066364.th.jpgI wouldn't call it a benchmark in VC design, but the improvements should be .. visible. No? If it's worth the money? You decide. But behave. happy.pngFun fact. They've kept the price of the thing from the 2006 or so package. At least that's what the reviews say.

I'm waiting for the CS to complete.
CS are doing a 100/200, no Classic. But, if it helps, I'm also waiting for it, to complete the 737 lineup in FSX. smile.png

I would hope they kept the money the same from 2006. I liked the original version since it was a good add-on for its time. I have to say this just looks like an official upgrade of the original product. I just can't see spending the money on this. My opinion which means nothing really.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I myself honestly much prefer the more photoreal look of the V1 plane. I actually might try and get the textures of the V1 cockpit into the V2 cockpit.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I too prefer to photoreal look of the V1(despite the fact the overhead isn't 3D modeled)... The EVO is just ridiculously basic and bland... Not a single ounce of quality conveyed in this 3D modeling and texturing, seriously. I mean, the year is 2012, not 2002.And when you you realize one buys this thing without ANY refund policy... Ouch.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Preliminary report: It looks and flies quite well. I especially like the fact that in the PIC Evo Utility, you can choose from the first generation glass cockpit, or the older style, completely analogue panel. I also own the PMDG 737 NGX, which is great, but due to the older panel styles, this is a completely different plane. I suspect that a lot of us old-timers might actually prefer the 737 PIC Evolution for this reason (This aircraft is the 737-300, 737-400, and 737-500). The NGX is the 737 600 - 900.I'm glad I bought it. The 2D Evolution panel alone is a 100% improvement over the original 737 PIC 2D panel.In summary, don't try to choose between one or the other, thinking they're both 737's, so you should only get one or the other. They're two very different birds.I emailed Wilco, asking about the upgrade procedure. They responded in less than 24 hours, saying this is not an upgrade, but a brand new product. This puzzles me, as my upgrade from Wilco's Airbus Series Volume 1 was indeed considered an upgrade with an accompanying price cut for current owners. They say there is no discount for current 737 PIC owners, but there is a special introductory price through December 23rd.Anyway, I went ahead and bought it.

Well keep in mind that the panel was reworked and they made completely new, FSX native models. As such, it is a new verison of an old product and can't really be considered an upgrade. Just because it builds on a predecessor doesn't mean it's automatically an update. For what its worth, when we get good, FSX native 737 classic exterior models, you could put Wilco's VC into that exterior. I'm not sure there are any FSX native 737 classic exterior models, though...EDIT: Hold on, there seems to be another 737-300 on the horizon: http://www.enigmasim.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=973

Benjamin van Soldt

In general McPhat does a great job, I agree, but it's mostly on the field of texture quality and getting all texture layers to play well together. The accuracy of some of their paints does leave something to be desired on occasion, however. One if the bigger mistakes I have seen is on the MD-11 Aeroflot Cargo livery. Hint: look at the tail.
Dude? Really? I fixed that for you within 24 hours. We just didn't change the screenshot on our page. Why would you say something like this?