Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

HU: 737 PIC Evo available as of now

Must say this plane is now starting to grow on me... Perhaps because I loaded the 737-300 instead of the -500. By the way, I started in cold and dark, and now there was seemingly no engine sound outside. I'll see if I can trigger what I had previously again. I mean, I was at KORD, so that's hardly a silent place.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Anybody notice that the engine fan blades don't spin anymore once the engine has started? Seems to be a single texture to appear as they are spinning in all screenshots, but they appear completely stationary, bit of a turnoff. Also, in the VC the windshield wipers are correct in that they are parallel to the bottom of the windshield at rest, yet in the exterior they are perpendicular to the bottom of the windshield, also at rest. And the winglets, well they could certainly be revised IMHO.

The fan blades is just a texture? Really???? Please say i understood it wrong! Hypnotized.gif

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Haha, Mr. Schutte is right. They don't move, they just look as if they would move. The texture for the circuit breakers is another example of small things which could enhance the impression.I'm on my second flight now, getting to know the quirks and likes.I've adjusted the update rate of the FO gauges as I only need the EHSI from time to time.Some details in the VC are done very nice, on the clickspots for example, others, like the the standby horizon don't look very good. For my liking, the mousewheel reaction on some knobs is a bit too slow. for instance, the cruise altitude setting takes a while to adjust.But the 737 Classic feeling already got me, so I lets see how she does with early descents or holdings. The VNAV reacts way better than one of my fancy 737NG planes on the winds FSX throws at the plane. This could be a momentary impression, but I think she is one of the better Wilco planes so far.I saw the air file is from 2005, so there wasn't much 'Evolution' on those parts it seems. However, hand flying still feels nice and I could need some FS2Crew and the extra hands.I have to revise my statement on the liveries. Only few had a choice on the winglets or no winglets option. I've edited the aircraft.cfg to get only non winglet planes. Wasn't a problem at all.One should also note that the engine instruments come in two setups. The digital one and an analogue variant.

I am not really tempted in terms of quality.
At least we have the CS737-200 and 100 coming haven't had a chance to purchase the exterior model but that livery you did of the aloha King Kaumuali looks really great so far from the pics I have seen hope to get her soon. biggrin.png
Glad we could help. smile.png
Thank you coolp for the review and thoughts on this bird.cool.png
Must say this plane is now starting to grow on me... Perhaps because I loaded the 737-300 instead of the -500. By the way, I started in cold and dark, and now there was seemingly no engine sound outside. I'll see if I can trigger what I had previously again. I mean, I was at KORD, so that's hardly a silent place.
Thank's for your quick review and thoughts Benjamin happy.png

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Personally I was very disappointed with the "Evo" releases of the Wilco Airbus Vol 1 and Vol 2. Other than the HUD it still flew like the original (and buggy) version so I am not too excited about the release of the Evo 737. Judging from the screenshots they haven't corrected the flat fuselage sides which to my eye makes the plane look rather odd.I think I'll pass!Dave

A few shots from over here, I am still formulating a final opinion on this one, so far, not so good, but it could change.38189412.jpg58921772.jpg15792498.jpg

Ah, Mr. Schutte is the guy who did the KMIA shots, right?I'm on my third flight now. The only thing on the looks are the yokes for me. LNAV seems to chase some things from time to time.

Personally I was very disappointed with the "Evo" releases of the Wilco Airbus Vol 1 and Vol 2. Other than the HUD it still flew like the original (and buggy) version so I am not too excited about the release of the Evo 737. Judging from the screenshots they haven't corrected the flat fuselage sides which to my eye makes the plane look rather odd.I think I'll pass!Dave
It's 737 Classical not Airbus.Worth a try, but keep in mind this is Classical made by Wilco not NG made by PMDG. We need to wait for SP, at lease this is an icon of Wilco previous product(s).It's got be some compromise, but, at least some characters of the sim-old style are well reproduced. You can dig it if you like, however this is a personal preference.

Four flights now and I think the LNAV needs some extra work. I couldn't figure out why it starts chasing some waypoints, but the behaviour is like trying to catch a VOR radial very, very close to the station. It can't win there, but it sometimes tries with large turns. My setup is ok with some of the usual S-turn victims, so I don't think that the winds played a huge role in this aspect.VNAV is fine on the wind effects, but seems to use a different logic too, so I had very rapid descents with some -300ft/min stages in between. Reminds me of the Wilco Airbus behaviour in a way.I've checked if maybe gyro drift or the IRS one from the Feelthere config tool has an influence on especially the LNAV thingy, but it didn't. Bit of a mystery so far, but maybe the other users can chime in. I really like the atmosphere so far, but the LNAV sort of puts a brake on it.I like the way she behaves on the ground and while breaking. You don't need huge N1 values to taxi and it doesn't stop instantly when touching the brakes. So some details seem to be done nicely, while others could need a fix.

As for performance, like many feelthere/Wilco products, the FPS are a bit low. At the same place, the PMDG 737NGX (which always tends to be a bit low on the FPS) has about 5 FPS more.
Less than ultra-realistic 737NGX? From what I've seen from the screenshots this is pretty bad.. it doesn't look anything even close to PMDG (quality wise) and I guess systems are not modeled like PMDG either. But for me it doesn't matter.. anything Wilco is, in my opinion, recycle bin material (and I've bought Airbus vol.1 & vol.2, E.M. update, Evolution vol.1 & vol.2). I mean, in Airbuses there is A HOLE in the VC, modeling is horrible,... and from what I've seen so far they are not improving much.

... Funny how people would post negative comments about PMDG's Extended Download policy but say NADA about paying extra 10 bucks for liveries...Got me wondering... Really. Must be the X-Mas spirit...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Less than ultra-realistic 737NGX? From what I've seen from the screenshots this is pretty bad.. it doesn't look anything even close to PMDG (quality wise) and I guess systems are not modeled like PMDG either. But for me it doesn't matter.. anything Wilco is, in my opinion, recycle bin material (and I've bought Airbus vol.1 & vol.2, E.M. update, Evolution vol.1 & vol.2). I mean, in Airbuses there is A HOLE in the VC, modeling is horrible,... and from what I've seen so far they are not improving much.
You do know there is a hole in the PMDG MD-11 VC too, right? I think I also saw one in the PMDG 747, but I'd have to recheck that.
... Funny how people would post negative comments about PMDG's Extended Download policy but say NADA about paying extra 10 bucks for liveries...Got me wondering... Really. Must be the X-Mas spirit...
Is it really different than paying 12 bucks for McPhat repaints? However, instead of getting 5 to 7 HD repaints, you get about 20 normal ones. I don't see the big difference... And please remember: you can buy the standard option if you wish. So, these extra liveries are fully optional. As such I don't understand why you make a fuss about them.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

You do know there is a hole in the PMDG MD-11 VC too, right? I think I also saw one in the PMDG 747, but I'd have to recheck that.
No, I didn't know that and I own both of those. 747 I didn't fly much (heavy on the frames) but MD11 I did and never saw a hole. Where is it? So, would you say that MD11 modeling is comparable to Wilco?