Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

Above lake Leman - Alps - X-Plane 10

Wow, I could almost my appartment in Montreux where I live. Fantastic shots and convincing me more and more to get X-Plane. Can you use nightlighting when using OSM2XP so that it overlays where the roads are?Also, how hard is OSM2XP to set up (the equivalent for FSX was not easy to use having to add lines to the .ini file etc. and quite often didn't work due to various conflicts and blocking my google/bing maps etc.)? This could be really cool especially with X-Plane 10's weather effects (I love the clouds in X-Plane 10 and the weather effects).Please could I request some screenshots of the Aletsch Glacier (the largest in Europe) which is just down the Rhone Valley near Sion and Brig? I'd really appreciate it!!Also if you get time, a screenshot over Martigny would be nice too!Cheers and well done,Steve

Thanks Gents !@Spook : no problem for me ! but now look, you've been spoiled ! Seems you post was not in accordance with forum rules. Straight%20Face.gifGood day !
That´s right. He was definitely not in accordance with the rules. It´s stated clearly that all picture ave to appear in the first message, no pictures in subsequent posts are allowed. Thanks for applying the rule next time. :(

Wow, I could almost my appartment in Montreux where I live. Fantastic shots and convincing me more and more to get X-Plane. Can you use nightlighting when using OSM2XP so that it overlays where the roads are?Also, how hard is OSM2XP to set up (the equivalent for FSX was not easy to use having to add lines to the .ini file etc. and quite often didn't work due to various conflicts and blocking my google/bing maps etc.)? This could be really cool especially with X-Plane 10's weather effects (I love the clouds in X-Plane 10 and the weather effects).Please could I request some screenshots of the Aletsch Glacier (the largest in Europe) which is just down the Rhone Valley near Sion and Brig? I'd really appreciate it!!Also if you get time, a screenshot over Martigny would be nice too!Cheers and well done,Steve
Hi SteveThanks for your interest !I think you're talking about G2xpl, not Osm2xp. Same problems with ini files. The servers are configured the same way (you can reuse the lines). I did the part of the US with Yahoo maps and it works fine.Aletsch glacier is just cut in two parts by the limit of the scenery I have installed. I'm dowloading the next tile right now. I can't promise anything however, I've not much time left before Christmas. :(

Gorgeous shots!! Very realistic in every way,My copy of X-Plane10 should be arriving this week,I can't wait :(

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks Phantom88! hope you're in for a good experience, mine is certainly very good and full of those warm totally immersive moments. This kind of excitement reminds me of the times I first discovered Fly! Which, incidentally, was also more than often dismissed for it's lack of airport scenery.

I think you're talking about G2xpl, not Osm2xp. Same problems with ini files. The servers are configured the same way (you can reuse the lines). I did the part of the US with Yahoo maps and it works fine.Aletsch glacier is just cut in two parts by the limit of the scenery I have installed. I'm dowloading the next tile right now. I can't promise anything however, I've not much time left before Christmas
Thanks for the info. Whenever you get a chance to post is fine. No rush.CheersSteve