Sign in to follow this  
Donhoutman

PMDG refuses to send backup CD

With my initial order for the B737 NGX in August I decided to order the backup CD and payed for it. Up till now PMDG refuses to send me the backup CD without giving me an honnest answer why. Anyone the same experience?Don

Hello Don,first of all please sign your full name to your posts according to the forum rules, otherwise your post may be deleated without any prior warning.Now, I did not order the backup CD as I've just made one myself, but what is PMDG saying when you say they refuse to send you a CD?And did you try to open a support ticket and discuss you problem with them? If yes, what did they say?Merry christmasEmi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Me too, ordered backup CD but it never arrived, so I forgot all about it. Guess it probably states US only in the small print as there does not seem to be postage overseas (UK) mentioned.Cheers,William Evans.

Gent's, I am pretty sure PMDG waits until they have the SP's incorporated into the product before loading the final RTM + SP's onto the CD and then shipping it. Would have done nobody any good to have the original RTM minus the SP's on the CD now would it.

Eric 

The CD has only recently become available from Aerosoft. I just looked, and they are on sale for $53.00 (US). Pretty good deal. Now is the time to buy the CD, if you haven't already.http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,6014090110,10278

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Hello everybody,I've also buyed this backup CD and two weeks ago I've opened a ticket to ask what happend with the shipping of these backup CD.A few hours later I've received an answer from Paul he said : the backup CD will be send when the SP1b will be released.So I guess we'll receive this CD in a few days now.So please ... patience.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.Marc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

People should read that page that Peter linked before telling people things like "...Would have done nobody any good to have the original RTM minus the SP's on the CD now would it." Or at least know the $15 backup disc is for people that own the NGX as it states. I see no mention of waiting to stuff any new SP's in it before shipping and the OP's and follow up questions for people that bought it don't warrant any sarcasm. They paid their money, have a question to when they'll get it (which again, says no reason for delays where they "BOUGHT" it), and their questions I'm sure will be answered after the holidays. I would imagine this is something though that might be a major oversite, otherwise they should have posted when it was going to be available, other than what is mentioned, being:

* Backup CD production is currently planned to coincide with the release of the PMDG 737-600/700 package in order to ensure that you receive the most up-to-date version that is fully compatible with the future aircraft packages.
and
One backup CD containing the full PMDG 737NGX (Base Package) installer including any issued service packs as of 15SEP11.
The statement quoted above alone says to me anyway, that it will be shipped immediately and has already been packaged.Personally, though, like I mentioned I think it might have been an oversight and would give the next 30 hours leeway for Christmas :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

This is precisely the reason I waited for the Aerosoft boxed version... and I picked it up for under $53! :(

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

The information I received (via a ticket) was that the back-up CD's would be burned and sent out after SP1 and SP1b had been incoorporated into them. I realize both of these are now available, but with the SDK and Tutorial 2 still in work also, it may well be a matter of the workload and priorities. In the meantime if you bought the backup you can get re-downloads in a few minutes, as I recently did when I upgraded to a faster computer.I'm not sure that burning your own will work, and would like to hear from someone who has done that, then succesfully used it for a reload. I have tried that on software that I downloaded before, and the passwords, licenses, or whatever system was in use would not allow me to reload from a "burn-your-own". The original licenses were for the downloads only. The CD's had a different one.Tom Hill

We've given every single person who's submitted a ticket about this an answer - no idea why you'd think it wasn't honest.The backup CDs will be shipped after we're satisfied with the state of the airplane after the service packs and stuff - a backup CD that forces you to immediately download hundreds of MB worth of service packs after installing it doesn't make much sense to us, especially when the purchase also gives you lifetime extended download service that you can use in the interim.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well, that does make sense to me. What doesn't seem to add up though is why that isn't on the website. Personally when I buy something, I read everything and not just at the time of purchase but also prior during my "window shopping" (which I do more of than actual shopping :)Please don't see this as you might in me trying to start something, but Honestly,,, when you buy something, do you not wait for it to be shipped, then if you're like me, probably checking every day for it? Then when it doesn't come as expected would you yourself think you should have to open a ticket? No, you would definitely not. I think I know how hard websites are to maintain more than anyone reading this actually, but that's a lot to put on the customer I think and something that important should be put on the respective page the person is buying it from. I'm sure this changed after the fact, but it's still something that should be there and not in a topic on a forum.PS. Manfred, that had me laughing pretty good :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier