Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

PMDG 737 NGX

Aerosoft has the PMDG 737NGX on sale. I currently have the I-FLY 737 and I am happy with it. However, I am wondering if I should buy the PMDG version. I am honestly not a fan of the 737 like I am of the 747-400 or the 777-300. So, for those of you who own both 737s, does the PMDG 737 makes "alot" of difference from the I-FLY?-- I am sure it is a great product; however, having already a good 737, and with so many other good scenery sales out there, I am a bit undecided where to drop my hard-earn dolares. :(

Hi Johnny,You have probably read about the qualities of both the iFly and PMDG packages, so I'll put it this way.If you want steak for dinner you can go to a diner like "Denny's" (no offense) and get one served up, or you can go to a place like "Morton's" and get a finely aged piece of meat. They are both steaks-- but one is clearly superior. PMDG is "Mortons". That's not to bash the iFly, because it is a fantastic package-- but in my opinion it does not shine in any one area like the PMDG does. I have both and since purchasing the NGX, I have not touched the iFly-- or any other plane in my inventory for that matter. I know it is a large investment, but if you do buy it you will not regret it.Happy Holidays!

I own both, PMDG by miles in every area. That is why the cost is higher. I have since deleted the iFly.

Yep, the PMDG looks absolutely gorgeous! I think I'm falling for her..Somebody hold meeee, help! Man, if only this were a 747-400 or an Airbus 340-600, I would be flying clean for the next 12 months.Well, thank you guys; I appreciate your feedback. I will hold a bit for now as I'm interested in several sceneries especially KSFO and KLAX. However, I don't think it will be too long before I add the PMDG 737 to my hanger. In the mean time, Merry Christmas everyone and happy crashing. (no, not the CTD, I mean crashing as in 300 fpm)

I'm not a huge fan of the 737 either, but the NGX is so good that I fly it more than any other airliner. I am really looking forward though to a refresh of the PMDG 747.

The NGX is a simulation on it's own and has made me a fan of FSX (a hard core FS9 user). It is that good and that polished....
Ahhh... you finally came over to the dark side!!! Big%20Grin.gif

Aerosoft has the PMDG 737NGX on sale. I currently have the I-FLY 737 and I am happy with it. However, I am wondering if I should buy the PMDG version. I am honestly not a fan of the 737 like I am of the 747-400 or the 777-300. So, for those of you who own both 737s, does the PMDG 737 makes "alot" of difference from the I-FLY?-- I am sure it is a great product; however, having already a good 737, and with so many other good scenery sales out there, I am a bit undecided where to drop my hard-earn dolares. :(
IMO NGX is way too good to be passed. It's a sim of it's own. Also a sim that pushed me to the dark side :)

Hello AllDo PMDG offer the same level of support for boxed versions compared to downloaded versions as I've read that this is not that case for some companies, eg, Captain Sim ?Many thanks and a Merry ChristmasGary

Hello AllDo PMDG offer the same level of support for boxed versions compared to downloaded versions as I've read that this is not that case for some companies, eg, Captain Sim ?Many thanks and a Merry ChristmasGary
You have to ask the publisher about that. It is the publishers responsibility to provide support, not the developer.

Guys I have a question: Does the HUD comes up on all a/c variants on the PMDG 737, or only on ceratain variants? (-600. -800, -900)

Absolutely, we still created the software in the boxed version and we fully support it. The only thing we don't handle with the boxed versions are things like refunds, replacement CDs and such because Aerosoft handles that as the publisher.
Guys I have a question: Does the HUD comes up on all a/c variants on the PMDG 737, or only on ceratain variants? (-600. -800, -900)
Yes, it's a toggle option, you can add it or remove it (along with several options for the display itself) at any time from the FMC options menu, in real-time without shutting the sim down.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hummm, I think I'm heading to... That's right...to grab that special before dark. Now, I have a good excuse: "The forum made me do it." :(