Sign in to follow this  
P47D

Payware or Freeware Airplane Suggestion

I have FSX and a fairly good computer system. I have not purchased many payware items over the years but am now looking for either a small jet, dual engine turboprop or piston airplane that really replicates real world startup and shut down procedures. Meaning where every knob and button works and you actually have to follow the checklistsI saw that the King Air for FS4 worked like that and I'm sure there others but I don't want to get one and be disapointed. Any suggestions??Thank You

If you want lots of procedures... the PMDG J41. You can burn up the engines if you miss a step on startup. For more GA... same speed, less complicated for a single pilot the Real Air Turbine Duke is AMAZING! It is all I am flying these days.

Eddie
KABQ

Realair turbine duke is a great plane.J41 is brilliant but i fly the duke more.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Wow I went away for a few minutes and got some great suggestions. Thanks I will check out both planes.

The kings of accurate simulations of aircraft are a2a although they mostly make military aircraft. Still, if you want the ultimate in realism then they are the ones.http://www.a2asimulations.com/Also, you may like to have a look at the aerosoft katana da 20 which I believe has well modelled systems as well.

www.antsairplanes.com

Anyone recommend a good c130 or globe master want to do some Vietnam flights happy with pay ware Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Hands down the turbine duke. The PMDG J41 is good also but sometimes it is a little much if u just wanna go fly.

Matt Wilson

I have FSX and a fairly good computer system. I have not purchased many payware items over the years but am now looking for either a small jet, dual engine turboprop or piston airplane that really replicates real world startup and shut down procedures. Meaning where every knob and button works and you actually have to follow the checklistsI saw that the King Air for FS4 worked like that and I'm sure there others but I don't want to get one and be disapointed.Any suggestions??Thank You
You start our CX 2.0 via the checklists... :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The Captain sim C130 is excellent although you may have missed the Christmas sales.I beleive area 51 does a C17 although the revies are mixed on this one.Ron

Ron Service

I don't hear much about the duke but it's got some fans here! Great plane for GA flying.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

These planes are pretty expensive. I guess you get what you pay for.I was thinking in the 20-25 range not $50. That just seems like a lot of money to pay for a virtual airplane. I'm sure it's the most amazing thing ever but a little steep for me.

I was thinking in the 20-25 range not $50. That just seems like a lot of money to pay for a virtual airplane. I'm sure it's the most amazing thing ever but a little steep for me.
If you want to keep costs down take a look at FSD simulations models, may not have the same level of detail as some models/vendors mentioned above, but for the price they offer pretty good value, and they have a sale on now...http://www.fsd-international.com/sale.htm

Dean Stringer