Sign in to follow this  
utd4life10

Weather Radar

Jim,No one is disagreeing about that. What some of us are asking for is a representative WXR, perhaps an integration of a licenced third party WXR simulation and PMDG's panel. Other addon designers have provided similar integrations with no adverse effects (PSS, Capt Sim, Wilco/feelthere and Digital Aviation for example).Kevin Hall
Do a search in the forums here, there is a thread on how to add the CS radar to the NGX

Jay

Jim,No one is disagreeing about that. What some of us are asking for is a representative WXR, perhaps an integration of a licenced third party WXR simulation and PMDG's panel. Other addon designers have provided similar integrations with no adverse effects (PSS, Capt Sim, Wilco/feelthere and Digital Aviation for example).Kevin Hall
If that is all you want, then just purchase ASE or AS 2012 and you can get X Gauge to do this. You can work with it as any other type of gauge.

It is a beautiful world FSX.A nice place where you can ave the rain with few clouds, magenta areas in the WXR with 2 or 3 clouds around you, and hevy fictional rain.I prefer an ICE condition simulation more than WXR.For WXR all of us knows about FSX limits, no ASE, no PMDG, no other software house bypassed the way FSX creates its wheater.If People of Hifi Technology, who made active sky wheater engine, has not solved this FSX limit, how can you think pmdg, producing only aircrafts, is supposed to do?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

In a flight yesterday I came into some bad weather - sotrmy weather with heavy rain, lightning, strong gusts of wind and heavy turbulence on real world weather - a weather radar that would flag that up allowing you to fly around it would be good.
As has been said umpteen times that's just not possible. Weather radar has bmps that are already drawn and the screen attempts to display something representative. You cannot nor will not be able to use weather radar in the sim to "fly around" weather. It's just a pretty picture that is all.vololiberista

Since using rex iam using the map showing the storms etc where the storms are if any to fly around

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Y

Do a search in the forums here, there is a thread on how to add the CS radar to the NGX
I'd rather it was integrated by PMDG so the wxr display was shown correctly on the ND. It could always be made an option so those who don't want it won't lose frames.I'm not interested in wxr as a separate display or pop-up panel.For those of you who say "not another wxr thread" and demand it be locked, the fact that the subject keeps coming up shows there is a demand for wxr functionality, even if it can't be fully realistic.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

the fact that the subject keeps coming up shows there is a demand for wxr functionality, even if it can't be fully realistic.
The fact that is keeps coming up shows that:1. People can't read.2. People don't understand what they are reading.3. People don't want to do this on their own.4. People won't accept that PMDG has said that no weather radar is coming. It's kind of like the little kid at the store that keeps asking over and over again for the same candy bar. They are trying to get their way, but mommy won't give in.

The fact that is keeps coming up shows that:1. People can't read.2. People don't understand what they are reading.3. People don't want to do this on their own.4. People won't accept that PMDG has said that no weather radar is coeming. It's kind of like the little kid at the store that keeps asking over and over again for the same candy bar. They are trying to get their way, but mommy won't give in.
Jim, That's quite the most patronising and offensive thing I've read on this forum. You should be ashamed of yourself.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

I find it not this has been covered and covered and it keeps coming back what do people dont get, there's not going to be a weather radar by pmdg so unless people read they will still be asking the same question the same with the sdk how many times that been brought up and beaten to death

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It is, what it is. Do you really think that bringing up the same old stuff to PMDG is all of sudden going to make them program this?Now, how many OTHER options are already out there that users can use?

What about a sticky post from PMDG about WXR?With that post almost 70% of other topic regarding the wxr will not be made.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The fact that is keeps coming up shows that:1. People can't read.2. People don't understand what they are reading.3. People don't want to do this on their own.4. People won't accept that PMDG has said that no weather radar is coming. It's kind of like the little kid at the store that keeps asking over and over again for the same candy bar. They are trying to get their way, but mommy won't give in.
Thank you Jim. Well said.
Jim,That's quite the most patronising and offensive thing I've read on this forum. You should be ashamed of yourself.Kevin Hall
Kevin, you really need thicker skin, my friend. Offense is all what you make of it. You as a person have a choice to be offended or not offended. The only person who can make that choice is you. So, get upset at all the little things or choose to let people have their own opinion. This isn't grade school anymore, and people aren't always going to phrase things overly politely. What Jim said is very realistic. Very blunt (which all here know I appreciate), but very realistic and right on cue....and to be even more bluntly honest, he wasn't implying you were being childish from the way I read it. He was implying that the incessant banter and the refusal to accept the reality of the situation by the whole group requesting it is a little childish. I would also point out that demanding apologies or telling people that they should feel a certain emotion could also be construed as childish, but I digress. In any case, there's no reason to take offense to what was said. Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

There really no piont in continuing this thread. Even if it was possible the decision has already been made that there is not going to be an NGX Weather Radar.ActiveSky Xgauge is all you need. -The End-

Edited by UAL115