Sign in to follow this  
utd4life10

Weather Radar

Will PMDG ever consider doing an update for the NGX which will enable the onboard weather radar to work. After just recently installing REX and flying with real weather I've realised how handy and cool it would be to have a weather radar onboard! Have flown through so thunderstorms and very bumpy weather these past couple of days!Kind Regards and belated New year wishes,Dan

No plans for a weather radar for the NGX.

Edited by UAL115

Do a search here, there are a couple of threads about adding the Capt Sim radar.

Jay

:( PMDG have stated many, many, many (did I mention many?) times that there will not be WXR included in any of their products because it's impossible to accurately depict WX conditions within the wonderful realm of FSX. I would rather not have one than have one that gives me false information.

Edited by FDX016 - Nick

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

there are a few addon Weather radars, but they are all lying to you!. FSX simply is not able to do anything close to a weather radar unfortunatly. What you see in other addons is just cloud returns and not water (ie rain/snow) like the real thing. Maybe someday, but for now we will have to do without. PS ask VRS about this, everyone said it was impossible to model a proper FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) and VRS went and made one!! If they can work miracals like that in FSX maybe they can make a weather radar hehe.

PS ask VRS about this, everyone said it was impossible to model a proper FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) and VRS went and made one!! If they can work miracals like that in FSX maybe they can make a weather radar hehe.
They'd just have to build an entire weather model for the sim...you know..simple stuff...And no, there are no plans because it cannot be done with the current sim, accurately.

Kyle Rodgers

PMDG says that it's not possible to make a weather radar identical to the real 737, because of FSX's limitations. But to be honest, I think they shouldn't take "realism" too serious. Sometimes things just can't be entirely like in the real world. I would prefer a not entirely realistic weather radar over no weather radar at all.

We need a sticky:THERE WILL NEVER BE A REALISTIC WEATHER RADAR FOR FSX