Sign in to follow this  
ferangel2000

Microsoft flight demo free. (spring release)

Wow! Looks like FSX will be around a long time. I am kind of confused by this release, is it a demo or is it like the game being released free but you have to pay for planes and scenery? I would never pay for any of that crap no matter how good it was.

QUOTE: "Planes, locations, and more complex scenarios will be part of the game's microtransaction model."No mention of MULTIPLAYER, or ATC --- Understandable, as potentially everyone will be flying in DIFFERENT WORLDS, based on how much money they want to put into "Microtransactions".The Good News: Looks like FSX and the PMDG737NGX will be around and in use for many years !!
From Venturebeat.com 'If you are connected that way, you can also join multiplayer games and fly with other players."

Long lives FSX... and later on Prepare3D V2 perhaps... who needs Flight anyway?Markus

Markus Burkhard

Meh... sticking with MS Flight and waiting for Prepar3D V2.

FSX, have you seen what can be done!!!ASE is amazing! Photoreal from Horizon orbx etc, is amazing NGX is amazingFSX is a brand new puppy still ;), big developments and tweaks in the last year [2011] alone

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/04/microsoft-flight-takes-flying-games-into-new-skies/From reading this it looks like you will have to buy extra regions. Such a shame i was looking forward to a new all included program.
FSX, have you seen what can be done!!!ASE is amazing! Photoreal from Horizon orbx etc, is amazing NGX is amazingFSX is a brand new puppy still ;), big developments and tweaks in the last year [2011] alone
Yep i agree m8 ASE makes FSX look brill coupled with the NGX.

I think I'll just wait and see for myself. Not a single person in this thread (or others) know and those that do know cannot post what they know (yet). I must say that when seeing the video and latest news I was a tad bit disappointed, but you also have to remember FS recent history. FS9 and FSX, followed by acceleration brought in a lot of a different genre (generation). This genre being the ones that have no idea and just want to have fun, thus the missions. Since the very beginning MS has said things like:

"Q:) How does “Microsoft Flight” differ from “Flight Simulator?” Why the new name? What’s changed?""A:) With “Microsoft Flight” we’re approaching the virtual flight genre from the ground up, with the focus on the universal appeal of the experience of Flight. We believe the simplicity of “Microsoft Flight” perfectly captures that vision while welcoming the millions of existing Flight Simulator fans. The new “Microsoft Flight” retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel, a wide range of new game play and challenges, persistent experiences and social connectivity."
Much more can be read in their past news also, as well as their FAQ (where the above quote came from).What I see is like they've done in the past and trying to recruit the new generation. Look at all of the other publicity up until this one. None of it has anything about missions and such which is their key point of interest they're once again trying to use to recruit new users. There are a lot that get dragged in that way then later become more serious in their simming, a lot!Now all that said, I agree with Alex, Mark.B, and others in that FSX is far from dead. Should this turn out to be a silly game, then I can honestly say I won't really care much. The recent improvements developers have done and last years HUGE break through from ******* Boyjote has made this probably the longest living adaptable application ever. Like Alex said, but to add "AES" implantation of people, Orbx's people flow, FSDT's upcoming airport services app, free for their airports (forget the name). All of this is just fantastic and will make any possible disappointment on MS Flight easier to bare."

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Are PMDG products compatible with MS Flight? If not, will they be?
No way of knowing this yet. I would bet on no though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looks like MS wants a part of the add-on market.With FSX & PMDG I'm happy to just sim FSX until I wear it out or something better comes along, but if not PMDG's fine work on the NGX and coming project will keep me happy for a long time to come.

Hey Ryan, tell Robert its time to reprogram the LNAV/ VNAV to chase gold rings in the sky! xD

Juan Ramos

OK, so you get MS Flight, you use the engine and buy the sceneries that you want to fly in. Is that not what most of us do anyway? Orbx, UTX, GEX, Aerosoft etc.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.