Sign in to follow this  
Pasqual Weibel

Refund? BBJ? SDK for FS2Crew?

I am not really into the SDK debate (Which i will call "IT" for the remainder of this post). However i did previously post an opinion that this whole thing could be put to bed for a lot of people (including me) by simply confirming that it will be made available to other developers. That i think was done by Ryan on i believe Jan,04/2012. Therefore, PMDG being a developer with a solid reputation in the FS world, i am happy.What i do find quite upsetting is that every time somebody utters one word of criticism in the direction of PMDG, a whole bunch of self appointed Forum Police, Administrators, etc. start circling the wagons. Yet they stand by and watch other equally reputable devs get trashed.What is even more upsetting is that these same people trash these other devs while accusing somebody else for doing exactly the same thing.As far as i am concerned, Enough Already. This is a forum for friendly discussion and its high time to return to that.
Excellent response.....As many people as there are that are upset over the "SDK" issue, there are as many if not more &@($*-kissing sycophants. As a response to the gentlemen above who indicated that PMDG's only responsibility was to deliver the NGX, I think you need to re-take the bar exam. PMDG stated many times in many pre-release items that the NGX would specifically allow third party developers and home cockpit builders to make use of this package and that it would intereface with most "popular" hardware out today. That requires the release of an SDK. I don't want to get into a debate about how many purchasers that may be an issue for.... the point is that it was promised as part of the purchase many times.I do believe the SDK will be released. I'm not pleased with the wait but I know it's in PMDG's best interest to get it out there.... it would only serve to increase sales for them.My problem is with the lack of communication. How about an New Years update from Robert?Phil

In a lot of ways, this is exactly like Occupy (or shall I say, "Crockupy"). A bunch of people get together to complain for the sake of complaining. Most of them can't even tell you what they are so worked up about. The ones who try to conjure up some justification sound so ridiculous that they make their oblivious comrades look somewhat enlightened. It's all very amusing.
Hear, hear! Well said! Edited by stweaver321

PMDG stated many times in many pre-release items that the NGX would specifically allow third party developers and home cockpit builders to make use of this package and that it would intereface with most "popular" hardware out today. That requires the release of an SDK. I don't want to get into a debate about how many purchasers that may be an issue for.... the point is that it was promised as part of the purchase many times.
Really? They promised this many times? Well, then you should have no difficulty providing a specific example with a source reference. And, if you really want to take this to a legal level (warning: this will take more than imagined legal acumen), go a step farther and show me how this one example of yours was integrated into the final license agreement entered into between you and PMDG. Ever heard of an integration clause? Entire agreement? Never mind.

Hi GuysAs with the BBJ, i just get the feeling, PMDG sits on their backs, doing nothing.. ok, maybe coding the 777.. but you know what i mean.
Hot fixes made: 4Service pack 1 with an hundred of fixes/improvementsService pack 1b with other 40 fixes released on december, then Christmas...Do you think they are sleeping? Or do you think they are spending all the time only on the 777?They are people doing their job, they have also families, personal problems, or whatever, they also need holidays and to live their life.They spent years producing the best 737 for a home flight simulator, far away from others.Now, they already told about the SDK problems.PMDG is present from many years, do you think they are not serious? Buy FSD or wilco products...Do you want a 737? Try ariane and its support...FS2CREW? I'm the only one that don't use it? I'm alone to be able to fly this bird alone?If all is good, what is the problem in flying it alone?The 737 is simplest to fly than other little executive planes certified as a single pilot operation.You have an autopilot able to do all from few hundreds feet from the departure airport to the full airplane stop at the landing.The pilot work inflight is to watch, monitor, change frequencies, make atc corrections and few more. Nothing impossible.Imagine the WWII pilots or the workload for pilots of the first liners.Just curious about how you did before fs2crew was designed.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The 737 is simplest to fly than other little executive planes certified as a single pilot operation.You have an autopilot able to do all from few hundreds feet from the departure airport to the full airplane stop at the landing.The pilot work inflight is to watch, monitor, change frequencies, make atc corrections and few more. Nothing impossible.Imagine the WWII pilots or the workload for pilots of the first liners.Just curious about how you did before fs2crew was designed.
Andrea, what you say is true, but since we are seeking for maximum realism, and since the 737 is certified for 2 pilots operation in real world, it can't be flown by only one person. How we did before FS2Crew? Well, FS2Crew has set a standard, it's no more possible to go back to before FS2Crew, as well as it's not possible to go back to a standard before the 737 NGX...

James Goggi

The main actual reason for 2 pilots on liners is "redundancy and cross error check"We can compare the 2 pilots requirement to the 2 air conditioning systems.In both cases one is sufficient, it will work hard than when not alone, but it will work. The problem is if one is installed and fail.I'm not telling FS2crew is useless, it is an help (and I will probably try it in future), however it cannot be used to accuse pmdg of doing nothing or producing an airplane that cannot be flight alone, as it can do well.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Really? They promised this many times? Well, then you should have no difficulty providing a specific example with a source reference. And, if you really want to take this to a legal level (warning: this will take more than imagined legal acumen), go a step farther and show me how this one example of yours was integrated into the final license agreement entered into between you and PMDG. Ever heard of an integration clause? Entire agreement? Never mind.
Trevor:The posts in this forum which promised what I have referenced are long since gone.... since this isn't a "legal level" conversation (sorry, no fees on this one counselor) I wasn't planning on having to provide exhibits. That said, we know what was promised. That's why the ######ing and moaning exists. People are asking for what was promised, not simply making things up for no good reason. Can't you just feel the love in this forum???? :)Phil

The posts in this forum which promised what I have referenced are long since gone....
Gone?? The pre-release posts are right where they've been since they were written. I'm not sure how long these threads stay up, but I did a quick search and was able to find threads from 2002 relating to Fly. So, perhaps what you MEAN to say is that it's a lot easier to lodge personal attacks (like insinuating that I need to retake the bar exam) than it is to substantiate your claims, which remain baseless. The point of all this, if we can cut to it, is that people need to be patient and stop dreaming of victimhood. Nobody's been dupped. The SDK will be released in due course, and then the world will be just once again.

just be patient for god sake, its not that hard

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I have no interest in debating the validity of my "claims" since I don't think that is what this venue is for. While I agree with you that personal attacks are easy (and often enjoyable), the point I was hoping to make was that, as stated previously in this thread, anyone with a bad word or a word in anger about PMDG seems to be labelled a "whiner". I bought the product, I use it and I enjoy it. I agree with you... the SDK will come out eventually once it's out of legal limbo. Enough said....Phil"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." -William ShakespeareHenry VI (Part 2) - Act IV Scene II

PMDG ARE WRONG! They should give us the SDK NOW!! No apologies it is our right!! We are the customer so we are right! They simply make the product nothing more, When we demand the SDK then they shoudl simply produce it with no questions asked! The legal thing is irrelevent. As I said we want the SDK now, so give it to us! ONLY KIDDING FELLAS, couldn't resist it. :(

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Guys, calm down and be patient. The SDK will come when the legal issues are solved. In the meantime...dont buy any pmdg products. that is the only way to force pmdg to solve the problem. It´s everyone´s choice...for me i have decided not to buy the 600/700 or any other add-on from pmdg until the problem is solved. that is the only chance for a customer. they want my money? they can have it....but only when i have fs2crew

Guys, calm down and be patient. The SDK will come when the legal issues are solved. In the meantime...dont buy any pmdg products. that is the only way to force pmdg to solve the problem. It´s everyone´s choice...for me i have decided not to buy the 600/700 or any other add-on from pmdg until the problem is solved. that is the only chance for a customer. they want my money? they can have it....but only when i have fs2crew
LOl yea that will work blackmail pmdg huh? the only thing you were right in your statement are the first 16 words, well the rest i wont be bothered commenting on. And guess you havnt read the rules as of yet of posting in here as of yet. Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

PMDG have given an update and still the "where is the SDK" post continue". What do people want, a copy of all the letters sent to the lawyers.I, like many, are waiting for the SDK for FS2Crew. But I decided not to buy the NGX until FS2Crew was available. This money now sits in my bank account earning intrerest. That was my choice, but if it comes that the SDK never gets release then I will still but the NGX. I'm not going to cut off my own nose the spite PMDG. Yes I fed up waiting for the SDK the same way as when I order something online and have to wait for it to be delivered but shouting to PMDG will not help. They are quite within their rights to not release the SDK. If you bought the NGX then you bought the NGX. Not the NGX and the SDK.

Edited by voodoo101

PMDG ARE WRONG! They should give us the SDK NOW!! No apologies it is our right!! We are the customer so we are right! They simply make the product nothing more, When we demand the SDK then they shoudl simply produce it with no questions asked! The legal thing is irrelevent. As I said we want the SDK now, so give it to us! ONLY KIDDING FELLAS, couldn't resist it. :(
Good on ya Rockcliffe........