Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

FSX + NGX : Some Performances "Tip-Tips" . A new FSX experience

You do get it I ment this in a good way? Like, we took your thread by offtopic content and that's why I said "poor guy"???
YEAH! anyway, a word is word. the vid is among the recent topics.

Since they put my vid in another forum section and that i promised some pips here to post the link then here it is:Here is how my fsx works on my rig clocked at 4,9GHZ with a couple of change in my Nvidia control panel. Hope i'm allowed to paste a link : PMDG 737 NGX & SANDY BRIDGE I5 2500K @ 4.9Ghz ARRIVING AT KLAX FS DREAMTEAM

Edited by bakaman

Wow great Video.... can you post your NVidia Inspector settings and your fsx.cfg please. I am amazed you do not have any apparent stuttering at all!!Many ThanksHamish DD

Wow great Video.... can you post your NVidia Inspector settings and your fsx.cfg please. I am amazed you do not have any apparent stuttering at all!!Many ThanksHamish DD
Hi Hamish,that is exactly what i've been saying since the beginning of this topic. stutters just vanished due to the way my Nvidia control panel is now set. actually i don't use nvidia inspector. will post it tomorrow if you want.

Ah sorry I did not see that. I will have a look at your original post pics. I assumed that if you use the Nvidia Inspector(which I do..) you would not need to use the control panel as its superseded by the Inspector.. maybe I am wrong and both need to be addressed...Thanks for the tip. Your FSX.CFG would be great though....Many ThanksHamish DD

Ah sorry I did not see that. I will have a look at your original post pics. I assumed that if you use the Nvidia Inspector(which I do..) you would not need to use the control panel as its superseded by the Inspector.. maybe I am wrong and both need to be addressed...Thanks for the tip. Your FSX.CFG would be great though....Many ThanksHamish DD
I will post it here !i 'm just out of my office right now.

And nvidia settings kaman look forward to checking them out and learning something.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

And nvidia settings kaman look forward to checking them out and learning something.
Nvidia settings are on top of topics. Be aware that many have criticized it also many noticed some fps drops : THE EXACT CONTRARY OF WHAT I GOT. For me these setting have greatly improve my FS experience: I must admit that over clocking from 4,6 to 4,9GHZ helped. But stutters vanished because of the way i changed my Nvidia settings. The thing is i don't care much about what people say, you know, about how to set up my system (except words from Ryan and a very few guys up here), because we're all different. Some of us may have some things (having none to do with this FS thing) slowing down their FSX , and keep playing, tweaking their fsx.cfg plus other thing....etc . I don't . So what i posted initially is a winner in MY CASE. Been simming for almost 15years, so i can tell when its right or not (at least on my system). So the vid was intended to show those criticizing that i was really doin well and THAT WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT. WHAT WORKS FOR ME MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU !But if i can help, i'd be glad to do it ! Edited by bakaman

I have i7 930 OC ot 3.02 with 6gb ram, with GTX 470 oc 20%, used you setting with nivida control panel, what did you set your FSX filtering and anti aliasing to????
OK, set nvidia control panel to your (Bakaman specs), get better fps with hardly any lag, much improvement.. thanks,,,, using Acitve Sky 2012, nice combo with NGX Edited by mrdfw

Ray Vlasek

OK, set nvidia control panel to your (Bakaman specs), get better fps with hardly any lag, much improvement.. thanks,,,, using Acitve Sky 2012, nice combo with NGX
Worked for you ? Fantastic.

What frames do you get?
30-50. The situation displayed gives I think 35. This is FT Vienna. And I lock at 30fps, so I'm using my hardware up to it's potential. Edited by Kosta

Man I'm really jealous by looking at some of the systems you guys have. That aircraft almost eats my pc, my CPU is a AMD Phenom II x4 running at 3,1GHz, got 8GB RAM and a HD6870 1Gb, reaching only about 12-15fps on the ground at ELLX (payware airport from aerosoft) and around 25 when cruising. Graphics settings are medicore with a couple replacement textures that enhance performance and dozens of tweaks, oh and I have REX installed.Guess AMD wasn't a good choice for FSX...

Man I'm really jealous by looking at some of the systems you guys have. That aircraft almost eats my pc, my CPU is a AMD Phenom II x4 running at 3,1GHz, got 8GB RAM and a HD6870 1Gb, reaching only about 12-15fps on the ground at ELLX (payware airport from aerosoft) and around 25 when cruising. Graphics settings are medicore with a couple replacement textures that enhance performance and dozens of tweaks, oh and I have REX installed.Guess AMD wasn't a good choice for FSX...
Hi fella,I've seen some people running fsx on some high-end ATI cards and they seem to enjoy their FSX experience. However and according to Ryan recommendation NVIDIA is the way to go. But you should change your CPU and get it up to 4,xxGHZ to enjoy the NGX. I5 2500K would be a nice pick.PS: i do also have ELLX and i'm able to get a minimum of 30fps at all times. ELLX, EHAM and LEMD are among the most fps breaker out there! Edited by bakaman

I tried the settings of Bakaman on my NVidia GT450S.... GREAT!!!! really smooth now.BTW I have to give some credit to my new SSD PCI (so, no SATA, but straight into a PCI slot on my motherboard) with a I/O of 1500mb/s. It's a 240 Gb Revodrive 3 X2. Costs a few bucks, but really worth every Euro (or Dollar, wherever you live)

Edited by Ed van de Vijver