Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Have you 'verified' to receive the soon to be, Rex Essential?

Brag about it???

Look at it this way:

Maybe the two "free products" would be named "necessary updates" elsewhere?

6 months after the announcement of "an update" - there´s still nothing.

I don´t need to pucker up, I don´t need to be a member of a "REX cult" - I don´t have to bow down to anything, understand?

With the competition they have now, it was a stupid move announcing it, and have people buy a product, AND THEN WAIT 6 MONTHS!!

- or maybe they were very smart..

Never use REX weather engine, it´s really bad...

Are you a customer, or an employee of REX?

:LMAO:

You seem a bit bitter. Maybe you should calm down..

Take it easy guys.

We won't let this thread turn into developer bashing or to provide more member to member insult opportunities. This thread is hanging on by a thread, so to speak. If it goes any farther in an accusational direction, it gets locked pronto.

Kind regards,

Good customer relationships can be summed up in two words: “No surprises!” If REX is unhappy to provide release dates, the imminent release of Essentials should not have been announced. But that can of worms has been opened and many made buying decisions based on that information. After 6 months it is only reasonable that an update be provided.

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Now just the other day it suddenly occurred to me what about that new Rex release that is free to current users the one I had to sign up for six months ago. I had quite forgotten about it. Did it get released and some how I missed it? Quite possible as I now use AS2012 Seemed odd as they had my email and I would have thought that I would have heard from them.

Conspiracy or stuff up? Well the usual answer is stuff up so lets go with that ie it has taken a lot longer than expected.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I hope I can clear up some mis-understanding.

REX Essential is a free upgrade to REX 2 and REX 2 Overdrive users. We will notifiy all users that have been verified when released. We decided to go with the verification process because it makes it easier to verify order numbers. Between DVD purchases and mulitple vendor's, trying to gather all licenses would be a daunting and almost impossible task.

REX Essential is not a mere update to REX 2. It is a completely new product and was in ALPHA testing from December 2011 to February 2012. We started beta testing in March of 2012.

Originally, we were only going to focus on a service pack update, but in August of 2011 we decided to scrap the service pack idea and began to work on REX 3. We were able to move quickly on development because many of the ideas about the weather engine had been already developed with REX Commercial Edition. To know more about REX (3) Essential you can look at our extensive list of features at our support forum. (No login required to view)

Finally, if you have any questions about REX Essential's or the upgrade process feel free to contact me directly at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Guys, they are just verifying valid purchasers of the product, to get the new Essenstials when it is released. They are providing what appears will be a massive update to REX, for free.Everyone knows in today's world there is a lot of pirating going on, they just want to be sure they deliver Essentials to valid customers of the product.It really is not a big deal and very easy to get verified.From what I have seen, it will be well worth it!

I'm sorry, but why? It'll be warezed regardless

But support will only go to valid customers. Me says that's the thinking behind it and the order number method also keeps privacy.

But support will only go to valid customers. Me says that's the thinking behind it and the order number method also keeps privacy.

But that was arleady the case with the key in signature

Right, that order ID in the signature rendered you a verified user. Orbx does the same for their support issues.

Right, that order ID in the signature rendered you a verified user. Orbx does the same for their support issues.

What I meant is the whole "you can only DL after jumping through hoops" won't help the pirating issue at all

If you are a validated customer of REX you will noticed when you log into the support forum you will have access to the REX Essential support section. This is where we will be posting the upgrade for the download.

Again if you have any questions or concerns about this process or need assistance with your validation please feel free to contact me at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

What I meant is the whole "you can only DL after jumping through hoops" won't help the pirating issue at all

And you did read that one? http://forum.avsim.n...50#entry2369590

But support will only go to valid customers.

They won't (have to) answer many pirate's support questions if you have to show a valid order ID, right?

Frankly, anything which makes life hard for pirates is okay by me within reason. Yes it was a bit of a faff to look up my serial and order number to post it on the REX forum thread, but I paid 50 bucks for that program, so the pirates can get stuffed.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you think about it.. The whole system only makes it harder for paying customers. Pirates won't have to verify their account by signing up.

They couldn't care less about your support