Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Have you 'verified' to receive the soon to be, Rex Essential?

For those still complaining about logging into a website and asking to be verifiied to get essentials. Its not exactly going to be a burdon on your day.

Its quite simple, the order number in the signature is the users responsibilty and as such has no bearing on the REX forum, only if you want support.

By having a post where people request to be verified, it allows the forum admins to create a large database of people who have paid for REX so that they can distribute once its released.

Jack Cannon

Looking up a serial number copying and pasting it onto a forum thread wasn't especially hard, what is harder, is hackers having to hack something, distribute it and avoid prosecution. And although they may get away with it, and frequently do unfortunately, it does make life a bit harder for them, so I'm all for it. After all, the fact that crime is sometimes easy is no reason to not at least try to do somehing about it.

I'm willing to bet that some people who've posted on Avsim about using REX, who have not registered for the upgrade because they have a hacked version which they did not pay for, are feeling a bit twitchy about being unmasked, and if they are, then good, serves them right for stealing. If I was one of the REX developers, I'd be searching through Avsim posts to find some of those people, which is what the guys at Aerosoft do LOL

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As much as I often criticize so called anti piracy measures, this one makes perfect sense to me. Keeps the support channel free for customers only. The step to add that ID isn't a big one nor does it spoil anybody's privacy.

That ID only is transparent to the devs itself, so they will run a simple check if that guy has bought the soft and then help him if he has questions. Squishy, you are right when it comes to downloading the software. That's a thing they can't prevent that much in the later process.

But seeing you adding some system details to your Avsim signature makes me think that, as a REX customer, the step of doing the same over at their forums isn't that hard to cope with.

Some Flight1 forums also need a code to get accessed. That's even better over there since the code itself isn't visible to the readers. You only enter it once you activate your forum account. If you never access the forums, you don't need to do this though. But receiving support only happens in those forums, so it makes sense to buy and then activate, just in case.

On the REX case, lets not forget that the update is free for all customers. Great thing, not?

Thanks for that, was glad to be able to go and see that Forum accessible....looking forward to release.

If you are a validated customer of REX you will noticed when you log into the support forum you will have access to the REX Essential support section. This is where we will be posting the upgrade for the download.

Again if you have any questions or concerns about this process or need assistance with your validation please feel free to contact me at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive

I told them I use AS2012 because it looks great, AND HAVE A GOOD WORKING WEATHER ENGINE, result?

Hello

Very tactful of you, I am sure.

THEY KICKED ME OUT FROM THE FORUM!!!

Yes, humans can be funny like that

Oh yeah???

I´m angry because I fell for a marketing gimmick 6 months ago, that´s all.

Don´t fool yourself and think you have a "friendly relationship" with a FSX developer, it won´t work, remember ORBX and last years sales.

I bought REX, I registered on the forum, I got validated, I asked why we had to wait 6 months, I told them I use AS2012 because it looks great, AND HAVE A GOOD WORKING WEATHER ENGINE, result?

THEY KICKED ME OUT FROM THE FORUM!!!

Very sensitive folks...

Money%20Eyes.gif

I would bet that is not how it went down, judging by your attitude here. but I feel I have a friendly relationship with them, I recall one night having an issue, I forget now if it was Reed or Tim but they stayed with me during the whole process, emailing back and forth for several hours until my issue was resolved, not to many developers have that type of commitment. Anyways Im sure that even if any of the REX guys through themselves in front of a bus for you your the type that would still find something to complain about.

AliB,

I deleted three of your posts. I suggest you stay far away from this thread, or risk suspension. Only warning is this one. Next time you are out.

What did they do? Just release some screenshots after the iFly was released? Besides iFly was first for FSX, PMDG's NGX was always FSX only.

They stated they would announce as soon as it was in beta then there was silence.

When ifly was released it was immediately announced that ngx had been in beta for a month.

I recall posts on this forum criticising for the timing and stealing some of limelight from ifly