Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

That's all? In 5 (almost 6) months?! Wow, I'm glad I stepped back from the training and got my money back when I still had the chance.
Actually there more than 5 now, in line work there are 4 more which details the flows from cold to after engine start flow checks. In extras there are some others as well you have to check each section to check so you dont miss nay.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I must say, I have been pretty patient from the first video release. I love the videos and the details they cover. But I must say that there seems to be a mass amount of confusion/uncertainty regarding the production and delivery of the product. I have found myself studying the FCOM's ect. as of late and have found I get alot from it in terms of "text style" format. The videos from AOA are great in that they help me visualize the topics that are covered. But for future training products from AOA, I will wait for it to be completed before I purchase it. I find myself forgetting from time to time that I have subscribed to the groundwork training, due to the length of time between videos.Again, I Love the videos, format and voiceovers by Nick. I am also not regretting my purchase at all in terms of quality. My only complaints are the time between videos, and the constant promises of product expedition that have yet to be achieved.Just my oppinion!

Edited by ricky76

Any update on how this has come along? It's very hard to decipher from looking at their site what exactly is completed and what is "to come". Are all the Groundwork course's complete? Have they released a single Flightwork yet? How about the Bonus Features, is everything listed available now? Simply, is it at the level of their MD-11 training yet? Sorry for the wall of questions, but like I said, based off previous reports and the vagueness of the website, I'm a little gun shy.

Sadly there has not been a new groundwork video in over a month. Lots of changes going on over there. A few short line work "flow" videos have been done but that's about it. At this rate the 737 will be retired by the time we finish the training.A just bought the QRH and FCTM and have been learning a lot from them. I am ordering the FCOM 1&2 next week. Between these and the great tutorials on YouTube from....... Name escapes me. I wish I kept the money I spent at AOA unfortunately.

+1I got the big AoA NGX package as a gift from my girlfriend and remembering how thrilled I was about if before I got it it feels somewhat sad now when she asks from time to time if I received any new parts of it and my answer is 99% of the times "Nope...still waiting and hoping but thanks for the nice present honey..."This was my first AoA purchase and I thought I would be more than happy after all good things I've heard and read about the quality of AoA products and sure...the quality of the ground work videos are good but not great. Sounds are even missing in some of them which should have been very easily spotted before release and still hasn't been fixed although confirmed since long by AoA...at least I haven't been notified in any way the faulty videos have been fixed. And now it's been a looooong time since the last "real" Ground Work video was released and the Flight Work section doesn't contain anything yet. As for the newly released flow videos...personally I wouldn't even call them videos...they are more short clips and you can argue about their quality...to me they appear more like something they desperately came up with in an attempt to buy themselves some time for the real videos for which they already got paid for by lots of people.I remember when seeing the AoA preview clips of the NGX on YouTube and how I thought "Wow...I just got to have that a/c and AoA's training" when released and now afterwards I would have settled just fine with only the NGX and used the money I (or rather my GF) spent on AoA on additional airport sceneries or something else instead. I seriously doubt I will ever spend any more $ on AoA which in a way feels sad to say since I always respected their business throughout the years and thought good about them.

Edited by WebMaximus

Richard Åsberg

Thank you for that User Report,WebMaximus. Glad I too did not get lured by the tempting previews and stayed away until positive User Reports were more forthcoming.

No problem and after posting I realized maybe this wasn't the best place to write the review since we're in PMDG's forum so sorry for that but since both products (the NGX and the AoA training package for it) are in every way related I hope it's OK. There are lots of great FS products out there I can highly recommend to be used together with the masterpiece itself...the NGX...but AoA's training package for the NGX is not one of them for the time being anyway but I hope we will eventually get what we paid for and was hoping for.

Edited by WebMaximus

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the detailed response Web. They really should make their website more clear because they certainly make it appear as if all the stuff listed under 737 training is available right now. Misleading would be a polite way of putting it. It certainly is disappointing and I wonder if the sheer depth and scope of the subject matter made them think they had to "reinvent the wheel" instead of just focusing on quality, in depth training like the MD-11 had. I'm not sure how else a company that released a product as slick as the MD-11 training could then go and botch it up so bad for the NGX as if they had no experience whatsoever.

Yes, it's truly sad because I was very much looking forward to the NGX training from AoA after only hearing and reading good stuff about their previous products.

Richard Åsberg

And all their other stuff is excelent! I bought the MD-11 training and that was very very helpful and is just mindblowing good.Some day the NGX training will be as well, but sadly, they haven´t delivered as of now.

In my Opinion, pay for everything being announced , developed or released by any company is just ridiculous. We have the manuals, we have tons of educative videos on youtube and over the net, we got this forum to help each other, there are some free access websites aviation related...... so, i do not see the use to pay for such a product. Not talking about the product quality......

There is no lesson for 8 weeks now. there was an estimate for wednesday, but up til now there is nothing.JAR

Jos van Grevenstein 

21 NM north of EHAM

Up to this point AOA's reputation was impeccable. This NGX training has really put the hurt on them. I'll bet they wish they had waited a bit before they began selling the Captain's package.

NAX669.png

Even I'm a bit cheesed off now, and I'm an avid suppoter..Having spent the last three days dubbing, editing and finishing about five minutes of FSX HD video in Premiere, I know how nasty a job it can be, but eight weeks? Come on guys..pull that finger out!My opinion now? They have real issues apart from the lateness of Groundwork... perhaps somebody jumped ship. I vaguely recollect Nick muttering about the dude who does the video editing "taking much longer than anticipated"..Hope it picks up!Still not asking for a refund, as when I do, it will be finished the day after I ask LOL

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I would like a refund because this doesn't meet my expectations at all. I did know not everything would be available from day one but this has now become nothing but ridiculous...about 2 months since they released any new real content (I don't count the latest flow videos as real content) and not even what has been released so far is 100% finished but some of the content has missing parts etc that still hasn't been fixed as far as I know.I wonder what the chances are to get a refund this long after purchase since I got the Captain package right when it was released but guess I could always ask the question over in their forums.

Richard Åsberg