Sign in to follow this  
Janov

IXEG 737-300

so it is the "comprehensiveness" of the Aerosoft database? Having procedures Navigraph does not?

TK

Our drawing code is dependent on the database formate we use and we were well into Navigraph before Aerosoft became available.. After release, we will consider other formats.

Yes, in Brazil LIDO database is FAR better than the one Navigraph uses, actually one of out main Airliner here uses LIDO in their own FMC.

Yeah, as long as it supports updateable Database, it's all fine. When you can show us some more of this amazing Bird.

Alexis Mefano

The team is pretty picky about showing shots of unfinished work which is why we dont show a lot. We like to reach certain visual milestones. I'd think our next one will be after the wings are done. They're mostly modeled and animated, I'm working on the flap surfaces and mechanisms at the moment...and after that, will UV and then we'll texture them....and probably do some external screenshots at that point. We spoke yesterday about doing another progress video before Christmas though to let folks know we're still cranking on it. We are simultaneously working on the battery charging model, providing rectifier mode and charge mode with charge pulsing, which is an indicator of the health of the battery charger. The remainder of the work is largerly the 3D....landing gear, rear of cockpit and cabin and then patch holes in the systems. Once those are done, we'll focus on UI, menus and start looking at it all as a whole package. We aren't giving a date of course but as we move into early 2013, we'll certainly be feeling like we're coming down to it. It does take a while though, once we THINK it's all done to test it, document it, package it etc. We really don't want to release any half-baked product...a comprehensive 737 for x-plane is a big deal and we really want to get it done right as it will most likely serve as a foundation for other products.

Tom K

IXEG

Just as long as you never ever say "Only one more day's work, then it's finished" ;)

It's looking brilliant!

I wish I could pick your collective brains re electrical supply simulation - but that's probably a commercial secret. As far as I can work out, the current used by the load is dependent on the supply voltage, but the supply voltage depends on the current drawn by the load. And this forms a circular argument. Perhaps the right answer is to iterate a few times and try to converge on the answer quickly.

Jan has done another video showing some more details of the electrical system, which is pretty much ready to go. We have 17 electrical busses powered, we have equipment tied to each of these busses so when a bus goes down, things dependent on that bus go down. We have modeled generator heating and cooling, taking into account ambient temperatures and heat transfer coefficients, DC battery drain and voltage drops under heavy load, galley power, ground service bus with attendants switch, even coffee maker and hot air ovens. We have filament fadein/fadeout so the lights don't just pop on instantly. Momentary generator disconnects on switching power sources (you'll see lights flicker during this process) Warning annunciators are tied to their appropriate recall system..and lights dependent on voltage dim under voltage drops.

Seems like a lot of detail but the coolest thing of all is you just let it run and it looks and feels real. No funny needle jumping, no instant on lights, it just all seems normal. Another video to follow shortly where Jan flies a simple pattern around Nice.

-TomK

Laminar / IXEG

-TomK

I love this :)

Getting all those overhead-panel lights to dim in the hardware will be a fun challenge!

This looks awesome! Well done guys. Very much looking forward to release.

Danny Hicks

It has been a while since an update, but we have been busy. Here are a few screenshots of the exterior thus far. We have to tie in a lot of little details but the more difficult layout parts are done and we are coming down to the final stretch I think. More links after the first image.

7374.jpg

TomK

https://dl.dropbox.c...eenies/7371.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.c...eenies/7372.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.c...eenies/7373.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.c...eenies/7376.jpg

It has been a while since an update, but we have been busy. Here are a few screenshots of the exterior thus far. We have to tie in a lot of little details but the more difficult layout parts are done and we are coming down to the final stretch I think. More links after the first image.

7374.jpg

TomK

Tom I notice from the videos, the overhead switches, are reversed. I realize this is prototypical for Lufthansa (Which obviously is the one used in the videos and screenshots so far!), but it's not for most if not all other airlines. Will the standard layout, be included on the released model?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

7374.jpg

TomK

https://dl.dropbox.c...eenies/7371.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.c...eenies/7372.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.c...eenies/7373.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.c...eenies/7376.jpg

The de facto standard for x-plane addons IMHO. Well done IXEG, that looks superb.

Rhydian

Tom I notice from the videos, the overhead switches, are reversed. I realize this is prototypical for Lufthansa (Which obviously is the one used in the videos and screenshots so far!), but it's not for most if not all other airlines. Will the standard layout, be included on the released model?

We will definitely release the standard layout, but unsure as if it will make it to the initial release.....right now incuding it IS in the plan. The reason why we might not initially is we're not sure if any surprises will crop up. In theory, we just rotate the textures and do a little trick to flip the switch functionality....so it just might be trivial and nary a concern. If it did not make it out in the initial release for some reason I can't forsee yet, then we would absolutely set upon including it as rapidly as possible thereafter.

Tom K

We will definitely release the standard layout, but unsure as if it will make it to the initial release.....right now incuding it IS in the plan. The reason why we might not initially is we're not sure if any surprises will crop up. In theory, we just rotate the textures and do a little trick to flip the switch functionality....so it just might be trivial and nary a concern. If it did not make it out in the initial release for some reason I can't forsee yet, then we would absolutely set upon including it as rapidly as possible thereafter.

Tom K

Thanks for that information Tom. I remember a post from Morten awhile back (think it was on X-pilot.com) when the project was in it's infancy, that a next generation 'glass' version was a possibility (systems being similar etc). Is this doable or on the cards, especially since the project has gone from an XP9 addon to XP10? Totally understand if you can't answer the question, of course :smile:

Rhydian

well a lot depends on how well this project does of course. All of us have "day jobs" and this makes for slow work, though for a "from scratch" product of this level, part time, with 4 guys within 3 years....I think that's not too bad, but anyhow, if this does well and we get some support and can move to more full time work, then we will probably sit and discuss how to proceed. Certainly a glass NG is a possibility, I mean, we're halfway there already and if we were to work on it full time, then we could make some real headway relatively quickly, but we can't say for sure until then.

TomK

• Upvote 1