Sign in to follow this  
newthog

DLC

Thanks, DAD ... it is good to be back (so far). :)I'm definitely a half-full optimist, but I'm also a realist. Which means that I tend to view the "big picture," instead of getting hung up on the smaller parts. There's a lot about Flight that concerns me, which I'm hoping will be fixed/addressed before its release, but there's also a great deal that really appeals to me. I think it would really benefit this forum if more members here would view Flight as a NEW sim, instead of the successor to FSX (which it clearly isn't at this point). I'm planning of spending a lot of my flightsim time using Flight, but I'll continue to use FSX and X-Plane 9, at least for the next year or so.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Yes it is. If its not then why you can fly with carplane and collect coins around Hawaii?
I'd guess for the same reasons you can get in an ultralight and search for a rhino, race a rocket powered truck, or fly through rings in a learjet in FSX (by Microsoft Game Studios) - they're fun (*gasp*). All one has to do is look at the price of Flight compared to the price of FSX. Flight costs $0.00 while FSX was $70. Now, why would anyone expect Flight to have anything other than a sliver of functionality? The carplane and coins are free. Many people here have stated how bad the default planes, scenery, ATC, traffic, and weather is in FSX (for $70) and that to truely make it good and complete, one has to spend about $400 to get started. So, for a price of $0.00 Microsoft is going to GIVE YOU the flight simulator engine which, when you consider the price, will need to actually be limited in the amount you can do with it (I hope the reason is obvious).Why don't they just make it FSXI and include all the stuff that FSX had and charge $8_0 (inflation, ya know)? The reasons should be stupidly simple and not worth repeating ad nauseum.Will you be able to buy virtually everything that FSX has? Of course.Will the underlying engine be better than FSX? Of course.Will there be better than FSX default ATC, weather, traffic, planes, and scenery available to buy? Of course.Will you have to spend $400 to get back to where you are today with FSX+add ons? Of course, albeit with a better engine.Microsoft did not set out to lower the bar for their flagship flight simulator product of nearly 30 years. Edited by Rush1169

Yes it is. If its not then why you can fly with carplane and collect coins around Hawaii?
You can do the same thing with FSX.

You can do the same thing with FSX.
No, it has no carplane and no coins.

FScamp, why are you being sooo hard on the Icon A5 Light Spot Aircraft (which is what it actually is)?Watch this

and honestly tell me that you wouldn't love to have an Icon in your garage.Edited/added: from http://www.sportpilot.org/ : "Whether you're completely new to aviation or have flown aircraft before, Sport Pilot is the new way to fly that is easier, more affordable, safe, and loads of FUN! Sport Pilot enables enthusiasts to learn to fly and gain access to aircraft in half the time and for half the cost of previous alternatives." Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Once you purchase the rest of Hawaii, you'll be able to fly between Hilo International Airport (ITO) and Lihue (LIH), on Kauai, which (according to Google Earth) is a 275 nautical mile flight. It may not be a 1000 mile flight, but it is a beginning.
Yeah I realized there where other airports further after posting, you know your geography better than I :( I still stand by my other argument though ...
And it would quickly get boring just flying between very few large airports on hawaii.
You seem to have been missed Arwen, and as far I I've seen you've contributed more positively than many others on the forum.-

back to the topic - I'll be buying the initial DLC with the exception of the P-51. I'm REALLY disappointed that it won't have a cockpit.

back to the topic - I'll be buying the initial DLC with the exception of the P-51. I'm REALLY disappointed that it won't have a cockpit.
I can almost guarantee that there will be a "Deluxe P-51" with the cockpit available at or soon after launch.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I can almost guarantee that there will be a "Deluxe P-51" with the cockpit available at or soon after launch.
I would hope so - and I also think so. I think Microsoft wants to "test the waters" and see what DLC buyers are interested in purchasing.

You fly it from spot view like an arcade game.

I'll be very surprised if a "Deluxe P-51" with completely active virtual cockpit isn't made available at or shortly after launch of Flight.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does anyone know from past experience, when does the NDA attached to a beta end ?The same time as the beta ?Fred.

When MS says it ends, in the past.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.