Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

I don't know a whole lot about these types of things, but it does beg the question about how long it takes to "build" one of these airplanes, especially when it appeared to be almost ready 10 months ago. Why even bother posting information on something that isn't going to be ready for over a year?

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I don't have any PMDG titles yet as the only thing you've done so far that caught my eye is the early stuff for FS9.

Acouple of questions? Do the titles come with many liveries? Are they seperate downloads? What do you have in mind for the DC6?

BTW are the early regional liners you did for FS9 usable in FSX?

Geoff Brown

Geoff, (sorry forgot to "quote" your entry)

All of PMDG's offerings come with an abundance of liveries available from the PMDG website. Additionally, many liveries have been repainted by forum members, and are available in the file library on AVSIM. In the case of the NGX, there are almost 1000 (yes, one thousand) liveries you can download from the library for free. This thread is all about the upcoming DC-6. Refer to page 1 of this thread. The B1900 is the only aircraft currently available for FS9 only. The NGX superceded the NG. The NG is no longer available. The MD-11 and the 747 have models available for FSX or FS9. The NGX and J4100 are FSX only.

You HAVE to get the NGX. It has taken flight simulation to another level. I'm not talking about the "next" level, it's a couple of extra levels that have been skipped. What PMDG has been able to do with this offering is simply amazing.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

Hi Dennis,

To clarify my questions. The B1900 is the only type of interest to me thus far in PMDG's portfolio and I wondered if that was flyable in FSX?

I appreciate the thread is about the DC6 and as a prop liner this too has my attention. My question about liveries is purely that nearly every thing I see at first glance has their corporate livery rather than any real airlines? Are the downloadable liveries free? My question on the DC6 liveries was really aimed at the developer and their initial release plans. Obviously with the following that PMDG has in time anything can and will follow.

Sorry to be the odd one out but modern jetliners just don't do it for me. Obviously the 737 has set the grade for future commercial heavies but anything after analogue instruments just isn't my thing. ^_^

BTW as far as DC6 liveries are concerned I'd love to see some of the South American Meat hauler cargo versions. These looked as if they'd been through 10 lifetimes and still operated from grass and dirt strips. hauling beef. If it's beat up and operates from rough strips I'm interested. No FMC's just flying. :lol:

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Hi Dennis,

To clarify my questions. The B1900 is the only type of interest to me thus far in PMDG's portfolio and I wondered if that was flyable in FSX?

I appreciate the thread is about the DC6 and as a prop liner this too has my attention. My question about liveries is purely that nearly every thing I see at first glance has their corporate livery rather than any real airlines? Are the downloadable liveries free? My question on the DC6 liveries was really aimed at the developer and their initial release plans. Obviously with the following that PMDG has in time anything can and will follow.

Sorry to be the odd one out but modern jetliners just don't do it for me. Obviously the 737 has set the grade for future commercial heavies but anything after analogue instruments just isn't my thing. ^_^

BTW as far as DC6 liveries are concerned I'd love to see some of the South American Meat hauler cargo versions. These looked as if they'd been through 10 lifetimes and still operated from grass and dirt strips. hauling beef. If it's beat up and operates from rough strips I'm interested. No FMC's just flying. :lol:

Geoff

No, the 1900 is not available for FSX. The J4100 (similar) is available for FSX. I enjoy flying everything and am looking forward to the DC-6 as well as the T7 and 747v2.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

The B1900 is the only type of interest to me thus far in PMDG's portfolio and I wondered if that was flyable in FSX?

It is flyable, but there are a few visual anomalies, like the prop discs (they appear oddly). Some info can be found here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/119575-fsx-import-guide-for-1900c-and-d-posted/

Kyle Rodgers

Cheers Kyle.

A shame they didn't do an FSX makeover for it. A widely used feeder/regional and no one else has done one.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

I think they (Governments) should form a regulatory authority for the prevention of cruelity to flight simmers :lol:

jeff

A shame they didn't do an FSX makeover for it. A widely used feeder/regional and no one else has done one.

You're welcome Geoff. I'd love to have it revamped for FSX as well. Love that little plane. Used to fly it all the time going from DEN to Bismarck and MOT.

Kyle Rodgers

The 1900D works just fine in FSX. Go to PMDG's site and there's instructions in how to port it over.

<carefully opens door>

Is it ready yet?

<slowly closes door>

<carefully opens door>

Is it ready yet?

<slowly closes door>

The latest update clearly says after the 777..

The latest update clearly says after the 777..

Can't blame the guy for prodding a little bit, I know of a certain member who likes to poke and prod the 777 threads for information :P

Can't blame the guy for prodding a little bit, I know of a certain member who likes to poke and prod the 777 threads for information :P

I know mate, those people gah!.. Those people.. :ph34r: :lol:

• Upvote 1