Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

Every time I come back to this thread and see the pictures the adrenaline starts pumping.  This baby is going to ROCK!  It might be all I fly for about 6 months.  It brings back the romance of flying, when it was something very special and rare to fly. Thanks to Rob and the entire team at PMDG.  I obviously can't wait.

Tim D

Every time I come back to this thread and see the pictures the adrenaline starts pumping.  This baby is going to ROCK!  It might be all I fly for about 6 months.  It brings back the romance of flying, when it was something very special and rare to fly. Thanks to Rob and the entire team at PMDG.  I obviously can't wait.

Tim D

Definitely! I'm more excited for this than for the 747V2 - I've been flying A2A's warbirds and the B-17G lately...airplanes that actually have a soul and talk to you.

The FS world is awash in glass paneled airliners, I can't see purchasing another, however, the DC6 has been at the top of my want list since it was announced. Hope to hear some news one of these days.

Dave

David A Gubert

Not a criticism or 'dig' at PMDG at all, but it seems staggering that that delightful first post in this thread - showing what appears to be a decently progressed model and a beautifully modelled and textured VC for the PMDG DC-6 - goes back to Feb 2012;  almost 3 years ago!

....and still we have little to suggest a release of this wonderful bird is due any time soon.

I know PMDG are perfectionists so hopefully the wait will be worth it.

goes back to Feb 2012;  almost 3 years ago!

That really puts it into perspective. I didn't think it was that long... Wow!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

This is my most anticipated release as well. It's not a priority and it's only developed as a fill in when time allows.  All the 777 stuff pulled resources away from the DC-6. Hopefully the T7 party is ending?  Then it's 747 V.2, P3D,and then the DC-6. Maybe in a few years.

I want this SOOO badly!  Words cannot describe.  Nothing like firing up those old radial engines.

M

I want this SOOO badly! Words cannot describe. Nothing like firing up those old radial engines.

Hey Robert,

I hear you. Unfortunately you and I and others who have showed enthusiasm for this AC are deep in the minority of consumer spending simmers. Otherwise it would have been released. Until then it's back to babysitting the FMC, changing MPC modes occasionally as per ATC ( Vatsim) assignments, finally disc. AP and land all by myself. Great- next please !!!

I am too eager for this little Bird - but as it looks, the 747 v2 has priority. I want both, but the DC-6 more since I have the "old" 747 which is still the best to date for FSX

Hey Robert,

I hear you. Unfortunately you and I and others who have showed enthusiasm for this AC are deep in the minority of consumer spending simmers. Otherwise it would have been released. Until then it's back to babysitting the FMC, changing MPC modes occasionally as per ATC ( Vatsim) assignments, finally disc. AP and land all by myself. Great- next please !!!

I am too eager for this little Bird - but as it looks, the 747 v2 has priority. I want both, but the DC-6 more since I have the "old" 747 which is still the best to date for FSX

For some reason, people around here have this idea that development is strictly linear. Like most companies, multiple projects happen at once. I do know that I have an insider's perspective, but I've been saying this for quite some time (even prior to having an insider's perspective).

No sense in adding drama to situations where it does not need to exist.

Kyle Rodgers

No drama from me Kyle, don't worry. I can wait, and I will wait - was just expressing my love for the DC-6 ;-)

For some reason, people around here have this idea that development is strictly linear. Like most companies, multiple projects happen at once. I do know that I have an insider's perspective, but I've been saying this for quite some time (even prior to having an insider's perspective).

Before or after the 747?

Inactive

Where on Earth is the drama?

People are just expressing their views, and yes (shock, horror!) conjecture.  Things only become dramas when people come along and talk about the drama, where there wasn't any!

Yes. Drama is what happens in the real world. Not in front of a computer with FS contemplating product releases. Really, if the DC-6 never came out, I'm sure the sun will rise and set the next day just the same, and all would and will be well in the world as we know it. No drama here.