So I was on Amazon for something else and up popped one of their "suggestions" (love how they do that)Well in this case it was the Logitech G13 and holy cr*p I am in love!!!! I have taken ALL of my keyboard commands and put them onto this single keypad! I have one set for all of my ground commands and a second set for all my flight commands. So Ctrl+SHFT+W for AES is now a single button... I have a spare 3rd and 4th slot I am going to use for specific aircraft key commands. It even has a little joystick built in so I don't need the keyboard to "walk" about the cockpit or around the plane for my pre-flight anymore. Couple that with an LCD display that has a countdown/stopwatch feature, shows you CPU/RAM usage on the fly, can display RSS Feeds (can you say wxr!) and is backlit... I literally just transformed my entire keyboard interaction and multi-keystroke commands into single keystrokes! I can literally push that big keyboard aside for a tiny little keypad, brilliant!Thought you would like it (If you don't already have one LOL)http://www.geek.com/...eboard-2009034/logitech_g13_02.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I have had one for about a year. I got it when I bought EZDok because it was a pain trying to hit ctl+this and shift+that every time I wanted to change views. So far, I have only used one of the configurations.The top two rows are all for views and they are basically the same for every aircraft. The top left key is always the left seat, the top right is always the right seat and the ones in the middle on the top row are various cockpit viewsThe second row is passenger/exterior views. The left most key is left wingview, right most key is right wingviews and so on.The point is this thing is great. It makes it really easy to organize frequently used key combinations.I also have all of my slew commands mapped to the little joystick. It's helpful when you are working in ADE or AFX.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Unfortunately it does appear to require drivers but from what I can tell they do not utilize any noticeable resources...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Thanks for the review! I think that I will be picking one up now!

I haven't tried one of these, but I did recently purchase a Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse which is a fabulous mouse for use with FSX. A great feeling mouse with lots of programmable buttons which can be configured on a per-application basis (it automatically switches to my FSX configuration when FSX starts so it's completely transparent in this regard). I also love that the mouse wheel can be switched to work with our without "clicks" (the clicks are great for working with radios, especially the GNS430).I will give the G13 a look, sounds like a good compliment to my other FSX hardware (although at almost $70 it does seem a bit pricey).

As an input device, is this recognised as joystick button or keypress? Just wondering how it will work with fsuipc and linda.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hmm, good question Rob, I "believe" they are keypresses, not joystick buttons as the macros are indeed defined as keystrokes...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I just got mine thanks to this thread and I'm actually thrilled with it so far. The software makes programming very easy, and most of all, extremely flexible. Multitudes of combinations can be assigned to each key from simple key presses, to multiple key presses, to mouse clicks and joystick buttons. 25 total button assignments can be made per group and three groups are possible per profile for a whopping 75 button assignments per profile. All in a compact size. Really great suggestion on this one for me. Thanks for sharing!

- Aaron

My pleasure Aaron, glad you are enjoying it, I am loving mine!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hi PSlok,

I too have the G13 and its an excellent bit of kit. Up to now I've been using it as the Integrated control panel for the F16 within Falcon BMS.

I want to give it a try with FSX.

Would it be possible for you to post a copy of your file?

Thanks Alligin. 

I have one two. I bought it a few yrs ago. I use it for ATC communication up to now and the display for stopwatch to time flights etc. this thread however has reminded me I can assign multiple key strokes to it so will be setting that up shortly