Sign in to follow this  
Goair-18

Is this guy for real (Howard) leading ms flight

I'm not Anti-Flight
You are not anti-Flight? Really, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I've got you pencilled down in the top three all-time flight bashers. But thanks for the laugh anyway.

Ummm sure - Seems like it was about FS98 or more likely FS2000 that *may* have had something where my city should be. I know earlier versions didn't have it. Hard to believe people who didn't live in that grid with the moutain at the back still bought and enjoyed earlier versions of FS, isn't it?Don't be silly. Of course people are going to buy the rest of Hawaii and I would wager 99.99% don't live in Hawaii. Obviously, none of the Flight haters are going to, but the other millions will.
HelloHelp me out here, where did all you guys spring up from. supposedly all been simming since sublogic days but only since the advent of MS Flight! have you all discovered Avsim.Seems strange that we have not seen you around over the years, virtually zero contribution to Avsim at all until Flight! arrived on the scene.Then loads of new members pop up evangelising the new "Game"Is a simple flying game that is tailored to those with low attention spans really all that you were waiting for ?

HelloHelp me out here, where did all you guys spring up from. supposedly all been simming since sublogic days but only since the advent of MS Flight! have you all discovered Avsim.Seems strange that we have not seen you around over the years, virtually zero contribution to Avsim at all until Flight! arrived on the scene.Then loads of new members pop up evangelising the new "Game"Is a simple flying game that is tailored to those with low attention spans really all that you were waiting for ?
I was wondering this too!, but got burned down.

Obviously, none of the Flight haters are going to, but the other millions will.
I doubt that Flight will be ever even downloaded by millions although its free. Most of mainstream see nothing interesting in peaceful flying, those who like to fly longer haul flights with jets will never really have area for that even if Flight will include jets. Some General Aviation flyers may find Flight worth of something, I mean those who are willing to fly in those few areas MS will offer.I like to fly in places I am interested in real life, I dont care how good scenery some area has if I have no any kind of interest to it.Also nobody will want to fly same few routes with poorly modeled Microsoft default jets forever. Big majority of simmers will skip Flight.

Hawaii is just the first area (stated ad nauseum). Personally, I'd rather have a dozen fantastic regions than a whole, vanilla world and I suspect that's true for *most* people. I get it that there are a few people out there that loathe the thought of not being able to fly from Kuwait to Amarah and I understand that losing that freedom, if only in thought, is a troublesome feature missing from Flight. For me, when I'm VFR and "casual" having a few hundred thousand square miles in high-detail is more compelling than 196M square miles of plainness (even though I can pretend to visit different areas of plainness). For the more technical, more serious IFR flights, even Hawaii (not that it's the only area ever to be offered) has enough spread to allow the complete excersise of all phases of a long-haul flight.I realize the anti-Flight camp would much rather have a vanilla world than gorgeously rendered regions and that Flight is rubbish. Unfortunately, as they say, "too bad so sad."
why couldn't they give us the vanilla as base product and then sell us chocolate as add ons? Edited by frankla

The problem is you DON'T have a dozen fantastic areas in which to fly, you have ONE area in which to fly and that area is Hawaii. And I'm wondering if you could instruct us on how you conduct your "serious IFR flights" with out any Air Traffic Control (which btw is a necessity for serious IFR flights) - how do you even open your "serious" IFR flight plan? I'm not Anti-Flight, just anti BS. I see a lot of speculation about what Flight will be and a lot of wishful thinking. Lots of "ifs" and "buts" instead of accepting what we have NOW. Well, if "if's" and "but's" were candies and nuts everyday would be Christmas, now wouldn't it?
You're right - I can't do serious IFR in Flight. You're right, I can't fly anywhere but part of Hawaii. You're right, Microsoft lied to your face and is laughing about it now. You're right, Flight is nowhere near anything close to FSX. I get it, you're mad about these things. I didn't mean to add any grief to the situation. I was just trying to say that I'm OK with a smaller, better looking area than having the entire world in vanilla, that's all. Sorry man.
I doubt that Flight will be ever even downloaded by millions although its free. . . Big majority of simmers will skip Flight.
You're right - probably 70 or 8_0 people will download it, 100 max. Edited by Rush1169

The problem is not how many will dowload it ("free" is a magic word for many) but how many will actually use if for more than two hours and will buy add-ons from Live!. You can easily have two billion downloads and less customers than FS.

I remember how disgusted I was when I found out that FS9 (and then FSX) had airports all over the world. And it let my fly transatlantic - yuk! I mean, I can handle the freedom Pac Man gave me, but that was outrageous. During the last seven years I constrained myself to just fly in Belgium. That's how I kept my sanity.

You are not anti-Flight? Really, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I've got you pencilled down in the top three all-time flight bashers. But thanks for the laugh anyway.
Seriously? Are you some type of Flight Gestapo? If I say something nice about Flight do you promise to take me off your list and tell Paul Allen to stop going through my trash?

Are you some type of Flight Gestapo?
Or should we say Joshua Howard is that you? :(

To me it's a matter of principal. I've always been used to newer versions of things were better. And now in this very recent era, people have decided that any good product will sell more after you dumb it down. That to me is like scratching on a blackboard. Make something that takes our breath away, like you did in the past! I am not going to even download it until I know they will at least release the whole of Europe and the USA.

Edited by CVEP

My sentiments exactly... Arwen comes to mind...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Seriously? Are you some type of Flight Gestapo? If I say something nice about Flight do you promise to take me off your list and tell Paul Allen to stop going through my trash?
I think the chances of you willingly ever saying anything positive about flight and actually meaning it at the same time are somewhere between Buckley's and nil. I'm simply trying to enjoy a forum devoted to a game that I am really enjoying beyond all other flight sims I have used in the past 14 years. It obviously escapes you that your contributions to this forum are counter-productive to anyone getting anything positive out of this forum. Or perhaps it doesn't escape you and you just like to stir the pot.I don't appreciate being called Gestapo. Please grow up and wash your mouth out. Edited by JonP01

:(

I remember how disgusted I was when I found out that FS9 (and then FSX) had airports all over the world. And it let my fly transatlantic - yuk! I mean, I can handle the freedom Pac Man gave me, but that was outrageous. During the last seven years I constrained myself to just fly in Belgium. That's how I kept my sanity.
hahahahahaha!!!I have flown most of the world. It was a big deal when I could finally fly over the poles in FSX. Hawaii only?? They really think I'm going to get turned on by that? I have photoscenery for FSX that kicks the hell out of anything that isn't photoscenery for the Hawaii area. I even have photoscenery of Hawaii for my 14 year old Falcon 4 sim!!!!!!Best regards,Robin.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.