Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Okay folks, get a grip time is upon us

There is a very short list of folks that know EXACTLY what Microsoft's immediate plans are for FLIGHT. I am not one of them, and neither is anyone here posting about its future. I have seen the product as have dozens, if not hundreds, of BETA testers. I know no more about MS' future plans, intentions with FLIGHT, or other prognostications than anyone NOT in the inner circle does. Anyone here who is posting opinion as FACT is blowing it out there posterior regions. Those that DO KNOW would no more post what they know here if they wish to continue being employed. What I see here is a number of 'poison dwarfs'. People who no matter the reality are going to turn things into the negative, just because they can.AVSIM is not going to shut down or demote this forum.The future of flight simulation, in so far as the community's growth is concerned, MAY WELL BE the thousands that do participate in the hobby through FLIGHT and that come to realize that there are more expansive, realistic sims available to them.Those possible thousands are potential customers of a future FSX advancement... Those possible future customers might well give MS the motivation to recognize a market sufficient to re-invest in the FS franchise.Is this "Polly Anna" thinking? Who knows? I sure don't. But what I can say is that just because you don't see FLIGHT as a positive move, don't poison the punch bowl for those that at least are willing to give it a chance. And... chopping MS off at the knees based upon your CONJECTURE ain't cool either.

I totally agree. FLIGHT is not for me, but perhaps it draws a lot of teens and twenty-somethings into the hobby. After they get a bit bored, THEY will start pestering MS for ATC, detailed systems, access to the whole world, etc...before long MS may think they better work on a true simulation platform. Kids learn to crawl, then stand up, then walk and eventually run....MS better be prepared if a lot of them want to run deep into a flight simming world.

I totally agree
You may well be the ONLY one that does! I have already recieved hate PM's that call into question my birth status... :(

I am certainly going to give Flight a fair chance. I enjoy change !Fred.

There is a very short list of folks that know EXACTLY what Microsoft's immediate plans are for FLIGHT. I am not one of them, and neither is anyone here posting about its future. I have seen the product as have dozens, if not hundreds, of BETA testers. I know no more about MS' future plans, intentions with FLIGHT, or other prognostications than anyone NOT in the inner circle does. Anyone here who is posting opinion as FACT is blowing it out there posterior regions. Those that DO KNOW would no more post what they know here if they wish to continue being employed. What I see here is a number of 'poison dwarfs'. People who no matter the reality are going to turn things into the negative, just because they can.AVSIM is not going to shut down or demote this forum.The future of flight simulation, in so far as the community's growth is concerned, MAY WELL BE the thousands that do participate in the hobby through FLIGHT and that come to realize that there are more expansive, realistic sims available to them.Those possible thousands are potential customers of a future FSX advancement... Those possible future customers might well give MS the motivation to recognize a market sufficient to re-invest in the FS franchise.Is this "Polly Anna" thinking? Who knows? I sure don't. But what I can say is that just because you don't see FLIGHT as a positive move, don't poison the punch bowl for those that at least are willing to give it a chance. And... chopping MS off at the knees based upon your CONJECTURE ain't cool either.
Well said thanks alot.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

"I have already recieved hate PM's that call into question my birth status..."Tom... that was priceless :LMAO:Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

You may well be the ONLY one that does! I have already recieved hate PM's that call into question my birth status... :(
No Tom, there are and will be many more who agree with your position.It's not a new thing, this bashing of a newcomer that threatens the existing relationship the "serious simmers" have with their computer game. Witness the X-Plane 10 release or go back to when FSX was released. It's just history replaying itself.Why some one cannot let another person use the game of their choice without some type of "blemishing" is something I do not understand, nor do I wish to try.To the nay-sayers, if Flight is not for you, that's OK. But please go back to forum for your chosen method of flying and pursue your interests there. Trying to play being a victim of Microsoft and/or Flight wears thin after a while. Taking your anger or bruised ego or deprived self of entitlement and utilizing that as a basis to form attacks on others is just wrong.

I am certainly going to give Flight a fair chance. I enjoy change !Fred.
yup.same here. looking forward to exploring hawaii. will definitely fly the hana highway. we did this with our kids in 2009 by car and on the way back one of them was throwing up the lunch we had in hana after all these winding roads there. yuck. now I better take the airplane and fly to hana :-)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I'm already on record as stating that I shall download Flight and try it. If I don't like I shall uninstall it and continue using FSX and have lost nothing - and neither will anyone else here.

Is this "Polly Anna" thinking? Who knows? I sure don't. But what I can say is that just because you don't see FLIGHT as a positive move, don't poison the punch bowl for those that at least are willing to give it a chance. And... chopping MS off at the knees based upon your CONJECTURE ain't cool either.
A large proportion of avsim members get their flightsim hobby enjoyment not just from flying but also from making aircraft, repaints, scenery, models, writing utilities etc.With the business model of Microsoft Flight this group of enthusiasts have been completely locked out. Microsoft states with the free release of Microsoft Flight the user will be able to purchase additional scenery enhancements and aircraft. Where's the positive in that for the freeware hobbyists - the people on whose back Microsoft flight simulator has flourished over the years since it's conception.I do think that you are a romantic dreamer Tom who so dearly wants the new Flight sim to succeed. But give it a chance to do what??As for introducing new people to the fun of flight simming. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. BUT even if it does it will be with the rider - if you want more then you must pay more, forget about downloading any freeware.This bit is conjecture mate but you are in a position to tell me I'm wrong.There will be no Microsoft Flight section for freeware in the Avsim library Q.E.D.

Well said Tom.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

A large proportion of avsim members get their flightsim hobby enjoyment not just from flying but also from making aircraft, repaints, scenery, models, writing utilities etc.
And they can still continue to do it. Nothing has been taken away from them.

And they can still continue to do it. Nothing has been taken away from them.
Yes, but not for an updated and improved platform as Flight may be becasue it is a closed system (unless I am misunderstanding this). And, per my post to you in another thread, I will give Flight a try, too.