Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

Best add on ATC software for NGX

I am curious what PMDG NGX pilots prefer, Radar Contact or FSCommander ? Perhaps there is another one out there that I do not know of. I don't want to spend the money if it does not integrate well with NGX.

FSCommander doesn't give you ATC.I use Radar Contact when there isn't any traffic/ATC on Vatsim, or when my connection is so bad I keep getting disconnected, which has been almost every day this past week. :(

Vatsim / IVAO is far far head of software ATC.
I am a bit intimidated by the Vatsim.... I don't have all the lingo down. I may install it and listen in though.

VOX ATC?Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

VOX ATC?Rgds,
Vox atc? Sure if it will work on your particular system. I tried it and it didn't work with UT2 that i was using at the time and got zip support from the dev. So when my free trial time (in which i tried to to make it work) ran out i gave up.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you need the lingo, look for the book called "Say again, please" on amazon.com. It's cheap and to the point and will prepare you efficiently for basic flying. LiveATC is great too, as it the VATSIM Pilot Resource Center.

FSCommander doesn't give you ATC.I use Radar Contact when there isn't any traffic/ATC on Vatsim, or when my connection is so bad I keep getting disconnected, which has been almost every day this past week. :(
AJ. It might be because of the northern lights in Montreal disrupting your internet connections. I am just kidding... :(

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

RC4 works great.
I use RC4 for offline ATC, but not because I think it's great. It's just the best available as far as I know. There are quite a few things that really annoy me about RC. However, it's far superior to FSX ATC.

Don't be too intimidated by VATSIM - there's a million resources online from manuals to tutorials to videos and lot's of people willing to help if you ask

Noah Bryant

Don't be too intimidated by VATSIM - there's a million resources online from manuals to tutorials to videos and lot's of people willing to help if you ask
VATSIM is intimidating to newbies, just as talking on unicom is intimidating for a newbie student pilot. It's funny: When I'm on VATSIM, I get butterflies before my initial call to clearance delivery. Talking to Charlotte remote delivery in real life, on the other hand, feels natural. Can someone explain that for me?!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Everyone starts somewhere, remember that. You can always login as an observer and sit and listen in on VATSIM/IVAO to get a feel for the flow. I used VATSIM before flying in the real world in combination with a little online research, and when I started flight training in the busy SOCAL airspace, I was pretty comfortable and proficient with the radios. My instructor was very complimentary of my radio proficiency, and I talked to him about VATSIM, which he said obviously helps. The only downside is that the coverage is spotty because its volunteer based. I admit sometimes though that I am happy when no controllers are online in my area and I can just make position reports on UNICOM.

VATSIM is intimidating to newbies, just as talking on unicom is intimidating for a newbie student pilot. It's funny: When I'm on VATSIM, I get butterflies before my initial call to clearance delivery. Talking to Charlotte remote delivery in real life, on the other hand, feels natural. Can someone explain that for me?!
Yeah I know, its weird. I also get nervous before my initial call to clearance delivery. I do not get nervous when I sit on local control tho.