Sign in to follow this  
Sizel

Additional Voices

Hey GuysI've recently tryed the Vox Demo and liked it enough to purchase.I've installed the Voxpop voices and whilst they add more realism to the experience i was thinking of looking at other voice packs.I gather they are somewhat pricey so is there a preffered choice for the thrifty amongst us and do all these payware voices consume the memory as much as Voxpop?Thanks.

Kind Regards

Simon.

the best among many I tired was IVONA voice Packs.I use IVONA for controllers and VoxPOP for AI pilots.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Is it difficult to setup the IVONA voices? Any type of "how to" guide would be appreciated.

yeah, very simple.Install the Voice packs and you will see them in your VoxATC Voice Configuration.just assign the voice pack like you did with the VoxPOP sounds.it is extremely simple.

Joel Strikovsky

ok thanks - I just installed the 30 day demo and it showed right up in VOX. These are not cheap so I will evaluate and decide.

it's sure aint cheap , but it's worth every penny.those are the smoothies Voice pack(s) I've ever heard (clear & Natural).the best winning would be to try those for Controllers, that is where you need them most.the VoxPOP , set them for the AI.good luck... let us know how it went...

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky

Cheers for the advice Guys. Will look into it.So all these voices work the same way as the VoxPop voices in that they need the server to run and they eat into our memory?

Kind Regards

Simon.

pretty much so.I am not sure you even need to run the server for those (IVONA, etc) packs to work.it might be just enough to have them configured in your VoxATC Sound Configuration.I never tried them without the Vox Server as I always also running the VoxPOP sounds at the same time which do need the server to operate.I never tried running the IVONA alone before.it's a good question though....

Joel Strikovsky

I've also installed the voxpop voices, but found they're quite stuttery at times and their pronunciation is awful with some words. I've considered trying other voice packs, obviously IVONA, but I was wondering...a) will they have the same stutter and pronunciation problems?:( do other voices like Acapela, RealSpeak and Cepstral work as well? (I'd want to build a collection of as many UK english voices as possible for variety)Thankskevin

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

when I tested all those voice packs , the IVONA were the most clear and natural out of them all.but give them a try, you might like them .....

Joel Strikovsky

pretty much so.I am not sure you even need to run the server for those (IVONA, etc) packs to work.it might be just enough to have them configured in your VoxATC Sound Configuration.I never tried them without the Vox Server as I always also running the VoxPOP sounds at the same time which do need the server to operate.I never tried running the IVONA alone before.it's a good question though....
I've looked into the Ivona voice packs and am now on the trial to see if they suit. Your right that they sound quite natural and clear. Infact i wonder if they are too clear as we don't get that radio transmission sound like we do with the VoxPop voices but apart from that they do seem good quality (so they should for what they charge Lol). I see why you have the VoxPop on traffic and Ivona for ATC. I've done the same myself.I guess Ivona don't have us flight simmers in mind with these voices, just the visually impaired by the looks of it,Lol.Cheers Joel.

Kind Regards

Simon.

let us know how your testing went and what you think...

Joel Strikovsky

Ive installed the 30 day ivona trial as well and am pretty impressed by what I've heard so far. Just got to get over the pricing :/

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png