Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Water Water Everywhere?

Anyone find this aerocache yet? I used Skyvector to get a radial/DME for the coordinate but I have been flying around in circles for 30 mins and can't find it. Anyone else find it?

Noah Bryant

It's off the point about 20 miles straight out over water. It's definitely out there.

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Is it near the surface?
500-1000ft If I remember correctly. It's not in oribit or anything. :)Just to show ya it can be found.6cb0dfda.jpg Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Fly directly magnetic south from the southmost point on the island. It's about 24 miles out. It's near the water, so you aren't likely to see it if you fly high. It's probably easier to see if you're right above the water, 100 feet or so. Don't forget to account for wind drift.There's a rudimentary lat/long readout on the Stearman's radio, but you'll have to zoom in close to see it. I didn't have to use it.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

What was it in the beta... sometimes an Aerocache would be missing... had that happen to me on Lanai.I think the way to resolve was to close the program and restart... I think that solved it.Edit: yes... just checked that post... a restart of FLIGHT and the Aerocache was where it should have been... maybe try that Noah.

I found it about 50ft off the water straight south off the south tip. The indicator told me as I was getting warmer.

Edited by Poncho

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Whoops, my memory was a *tad* off w/ my 500-1000ft statement.. Sorry about that. :)

I used the mustang for that aerocache as it does not take too long to get to it and then go back. :)

Use the stearman, the radio has a longitude and lattitude indicator, fly to 18.500 north, -155.750 west. Good luck.