Sign in to follow this  
KernalROM

Journey to Alaska Pack announced!

Heh, I wasn't even thinking about THREE of those countries being P-3 operators when I wrote that. I was just thinking about scenic places. :unknw:

Another 20 bucks, all of the USA will be more than $100 when finished
Yes, cheap isn't it? Compared to Orbx 100 dollars for the entire USA is cheap! :wink:Don't know if it will be 20 bucks or not, though. And lets not forget the USA has a LOT more airports then Alaska. I wonder if they will really add EVERY airport in every region they release...!EDITAnd btw count me in for Norway! I've been waiting for years for a good Norway addon but it still isn't there... Probably won't happen soon in MS Flight either. (I do use the freeware scenery which is a lot better then default Norway already, but still not as good as I'd like to see!) Edited by J van E

Actually getting the source game for free and just dropping $20 for the Hawaii pack seems like a great value to me for how many hours i've gotten out of it, and I still have much much more to go. I like your post though OP good solid opinions.

i'm very excited for this...i was guessing the next expansion was going to be Colorado or some other mountainous area...this is the top of the curve ;p! woots...on the website it says new missions and aircraft too...hopefully at least 1 commercial jet.... yeah, there's a company in wisconsin that modifies cubs to a wicked degree....something like an amazing 17kt stall speed, and a 200ft takeoff run, ability for direct vertical climb...i can't remember whats its called...i gotta do some research.

Yes, cheap isn't it? Compared to Orbx 100 dollars for the entire USA is cheap! :wink:Don't know if it will be 20 bucks or not, though. And lets not forget the USA has a LOT more airports then Alaska. I wonder if they will really add EVERY airport in every region they release...!EDITAnd btw count me in for Norway! I've been waiting for years for a good Norway addon but it still isn't there... Probably won't happen soon in MS Flight either. (I do use the freeware scenery which is a lot better then default Norway already, but still not as good as I'd like to see!)
Time will tell if its that simple after we have to pay for planes, then atc then real weather then a smidgen here and a smidgen there. Who would only buy part of the US, I guess some. BTW, I think it looks great also but it gets expensive,

Microsoft have corrected themselves now and are stating it will be ~600,000 sq miles - 1.5 million sq km.

Microsoft have corrected themselves now and are stating it will be ~600,000 sq miles - 1.5 million sq km.
That sounds more like it. Still, That would be a pretty nice chunk of land at around 800 x 750 miles, or whatever the actual dimensions are.

This correction makes total sense, since the State of Alaska only has a total area of 591,004 sq mi (1,530,699 sq km) . . . 570,833 sq miles of land (1,478,456 sq km), plus 20,171 sq miles of inland water (52,243 sq km). [Source]

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Any release date on Alaska from MS?
Alain...You're needed in the NGX Forum to ask about a release date for SP2.:Just Kidding:

Alain...You're needed in the NGX Forum to ask about a release date for SP2. :Just Kidding:
:LMAO:

I'm predicting this expansion pack will focus on bush flying.. That's what aviation in Alaska is known for!
And, coincidentally, what the Flight engine seems optimized for. Good times!

OK, in Japan, Siberia, China and some other countries it is Spring now..... :biggrin:

Maybe they release the SR-71 Blackbird for the "Journey" to Alaska. It`s quick and no need for ATC. :P
Yea, it routinely flies above 60K. I used to fly them in Vatsim, and the controllers would try to order me around when I was above 60K. "So sorry, Charlie, you don't have jurisdiction over me up here".