So what happened to PSS? It was in the news "again" a few months ago that they would soon be up and running under a new name.

So where are they? What happened this time?....

http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/

Andy Lawton

As a Just Flight moderator, you would think I would have been aware of that. :lol:

How is it going with this one? I so want a Dash 8-Q103/200 to fly with, here in Norway........ PMDG make perfect addons, but they should give us more info on the Dash 8..

We're waitin' just like you. No news for a good while I would suspect.

Well unfortunately it looks like the dash 8 has fallen off the radar maybe after all the hype dies down for the heavys, they will go back and do it. I'll still buy both the 777 and the 747 when they come out, but I can't see the fun in sitting in front of a computer for 10-12 hours for an international flight. The short hops are a lot more fun.

I agree and turbo props are a lot more fun!

It seams wé are a minority here...:-)

David DD

I'm with you. I'd take either the Dash8 or the E120 (or any other regional aircraft). I'm not much on ultra-large aircraft and I don't much care for long flights. To me, they would turn into autopilot marathons (ADD brain...oh look, a squirrel). But, I understand PMDG needs to work with the market and in the confines of offerings from other (valid) competition. Their own experience with selling the J41...what money they made...probably is a good guide, though, I think they'd make more money with another one (odd that I can find no US VA that uses the J41 despite it's excellence). I have some of the issues that others mention for the J41 but, honestly, I'd forgotten about them once I got a workaround...they'd probably be disappointed that I don't care about *visual* ice effects...don't mind them, just don't care about them. I'm surprised they're making a DC6, honestly. Maybe they sense an opportunity?

In any case, I'd just caution about expectations. Announcing things, even informally, and then not finishing them can make some folks less enthusiastic and I understand that. Still, I'm a fan. Gonna stay a fan. That's pretty much it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm hoping some news of the dash8 will come soon.

I live in Norway where the dash 8 is used alot. Short flights is my preference.

I fly the J41 exclusively and have been waiting a long time for news of the Dash 8.

Have no idea about the sales numbers for J41, but judging by the many posts I have seen on various forums, it can't be that bad.

What I really would like to see is a high standard (NGX-like) Dash 8.

It would also be nice to have a SP2 and/or a payware special edition of the J41. I know that FS2Crew was waiting to add new functions for this.

I have the utmost respect for the PMDG team for adding VC rain for J41 at our request.

We demand realism in so many ways, but very few aircraft today comes with VC rain. I have never quite understood that contradiction.

I think Robert had stated at the Aerosoft conference that they had hit some difficulties with the dash 8 that they weren't expecting so it had been put on the back burner for now.

I think Robert had stated at the Aerosoft conference that they had hit some difficulties with the dash 8 that they weren't expecting so it had been put on the back burner for now.

What a shame..... Let's hope it is released before the end of 2012. I am afraid it never will be released..

odd that I can find no US VA that uses the J41 despite it's excellence

Sir.... A VA Called WstWind operates the J41. You have to "qualify" as a Cat I pilot fist though, which means ten hours in the default CRJ and a checkride before they'll let you log a flight in the J41... the also fly the ATR - my second favourite FSX add on!

Go to...http://www.flywestwind.com/

Drew Melia

A VA Called WstWind operates the J41.

Thanks! I took a look at their website. Looks like they have their priorities right.

ten hours in the default CRJ and a checkride

How is their CRJ? It looks like freeware.

Truthfully, I think I have some more learning to do on the J41. I thought I had it pretty nailed but I had two overspeeds two days in a row...heavy sigh. I'm still not proficient enough.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Robert shed some light on what was setting back the dash 8 project in the other forum. It has to do with the dash 8 having an integrated fms which would make just as long of a development cycle as one of the other projects. I found the post, this is what he said..

Doug-

Sounds like you might have gotten half of what I meant when I answered questions about the DHC-8 development at Munich....

When we initially laid out the "two product lines" plan- it was to have a highly complex airliner development process and a "thorough but not quite as deeply simulated" line of products operating at an inverted phase to the airliner cycle.

The JS4100 came from this cycle- but as we began to map out the DHC-8 we realized that we hadn't thought through the amount of heavy lifting required to do an integrated airplane such as the Dash. (The JS4100 is a "glass" airplane, but it does not have an integrated FMS... the DHC-8 does...)

For the purpose of our development process, creating the integrated systems on the DHC-8 really isn't a whole lot different than on the NGX or the 777 or the 744 if it is to be done correctly.

Rather than half-a_ _ the cycle, we put it on ice and refocused that team on something that wouldn't suck resources from the bigger development projects. I think if we were a major corporation we would say we had to "right size" the development cycle...

As for when/if/whether we bring it back to the front burner- I won't know that answer until we get the 777 out the door and evaluate our current 5 year plan....

I'll let you know when we do that eval tho!