Sign in to follow this  
in2tech

MS Flight Piggy Bank! What are you saving for?

1. A more powerful graphics card. My ATI Radeon HD 5450 Gives me very bad shimmering anywhere near Flight autogen.2. A GPS. I find that having to interrupt the current flight to display the Map is a nuisance.3. Alaska of course.4. I badly need the European Alps. Almost know this area by heart. It has every kind of terrain to fly in and I would really like it to be done to the same level of detail as Hawaii.5. Egypt. The Nile valley from Alexandria down to Aswan with detailed renditions of the pyramids, the Valley of the Kings, and Abu Simbel would be great.6. The Queenstown area of the South Island of New Zealand incorporating the Southern Alps, and the tricky landing airports at Mount Cook and Milford Sound.7. Sydney Australia and the Blue Mountains with detailed renditions of the Hawkesbury, Katoomba and the Three Sisters.8. Some evidence of activity at the airports.
I agree 100%......and also a plane to cross Alaska without taking 10 hours to do that like Maule et similia-

I'd probably spend about $60 per month indefinately for stuff I want. . .so far, all but the Mustang. . .AK will be purchased upon release and any planes with cockpits. . .

other than alaska if MS ever comes out with a Cirrus sr22 with a complete working panel or a cessna Corvalis TTX <<<< thats a hell of a fun plane to flight but its a xpensive rental also .

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I'm also saving for one of these.. Hopefully with proper rubber band tension and optional scotch taped bottle rocket accessory. :LMAO:6403b126.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I'm also saving for one of these.. Hopefully with proper rubber band tension and optional scotch taped bottle rocket accessory. :LMAO:6403b126.jpg
Does it have a VC?

shimmering would be a lack of AA or transparency AA. or maybe AF. unlikely to be your card
Hi JamesMy ATI HD5450 video card performs well with every other application I have (including FS9) but not so good for Flight. My problem is that the joysticks and pedals in my aircraft almost constantly disintegrate into a lot of shimmering triangle-shaped textures and become pretty much transparent. This also happens to the pilot if I view the aircraft from outside. This affects the RV-6A, the Stearman and the Icon to a lesser extent. I get the same result whether I use application settings or set up AA and/or Anisotropic Filtering in CCC. However, I find that using application settings gives me a higher frame rate and smoother flying than if I use CCC settings. 30 FPS as against 20 FPS. I am not very savvy re video cards and settings and so if you have any suggestions which might help I will be grateful. My current graphics settings are as follows:Flight > Options > GraphicsFull Screen = onVertical Sync = onShadow Quality = lowSharpness = highScenery Density = mediumScenery Quality = mediumTexture Quality = mediumWeather = lowCCC 3D application SettingsSmoothvision HD: Anti AliasingUse Application Settings = onMorphological Filtering = offFilter = BoxSmoothvision HD: Anisotropic FilteringUse Application Settings = onTesselationAMD Optimised = onCatalyst A.I.Texture Filtering Quality = qualityEnable Surface Format Optimization = onMipmap Detail Level = high qualityWait for Vertical Refresh = off unless application specifiesAnti-aliasing Mode = multi-sample AAOpenGL SettingsTriple Buffering = offRegardsTrevor

hey, sounds unlikely to be aa if its disintegrating as you say!have you tried turning all catalyst AI settings off? when i last had an ati card that caused some problems. also i assume you have downloaded the latest drivers etc

Well I am loving Flight, and I did purchase the Hawaii Adventure Pack and the Maule.However my piggy bank is empty for future DLC and will remain so until Track IR native support it added! :smile:

A link/patch to allow for FSX world scenery where there is no Flight scenery

+1

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I am hoping for a jet of some sort soon. A CJ1 or similar would be really cool. A Falcon 50 would be awesome or better yet a GV <---MS would be godlike if they shelled out the cash for a Gulfstream licence.I would also like some missions that involve flying NOAA scientist around to strange weather and ocean phenomenon; Hurricane hunting would be cool once we have some east coast/gulf scenery.

YEAH !!How difficult would it be for MS to adapt the FSX scenery to Flight ? They already have it ! While you are at it, throw in a private jet and an airliner.COME ON MS ! For pete's sake, give us something BEEFY to chew on ! Does the rest of the world's gamers/simmers care a hoot about the Hawaii tidbit, nice as it might be ?Give your illustrious team something concrete to do or release an SDK.Think big, think broad, THINK GLOBAL !

What's your (imaginary) piggy bank for?
Pretty much any scenery pack that will become available... plus the odd bush aircraft or two and some light to medium twins for slightly longer trips.

I want to fly through the south american jungle in a DC-3 like so:http://youtu.be/w-F-cBF5ZbQ