Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The downside of Microsoft Games For Windows

Anyone with a Xbox has an account. This is advertised on Xbox.com which attracts awful children. I am speaking the opposite of "nice children" which there have been some of also and don't care because they have manners.Anyone who has ever played multiplayer games on Xbox probably already knows what I encountered yesterday because multiplayer games on Xbox are over populated with these kind of children. Children with the mouths and vocabulary of a sailor, screaming on mic, cutting people off on mic with no regard to anyone they don't know. My biggest fears came true yesterday. One MP session had kids dropping the f-bomb like crazy and generally having no real interest in flight simulation in general but only on it because "I saw dis ____ on Xbox.com and it was free yo.. " Cutting people off in conversation, cursing, you name it. Then a second multiplayer session I had a 10 year old tell me to go eff myself and called me another name for a donkey that has three letters in it because I wouldn't "slow down" for him.Advice.. Get your friends circle going now if you haven't.. I'll be going friends only MP sessions soon if I run into any more of these type of MP crowds which I undoubtly will because Xbox is completely littered with these type of children. I can tolerate immaturity and `kids being kids' but not these type..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have not yet encountered this yet.I dont own an xbox nor played on xbox live, however, I do know what you are talking about and have experienced it in another MMO game.What I would like to know if possible for an AVSIM Multiplayer room/server?Now, I have no idea if this is possible or what, I have only ever played with 1 other person in the game.Is it possible so this whole sub-forum can come and leave as they please?

Yaah... it's a bit sad really. I leave and start my own. You have eject rights then.Mike

Yes I copped that recently too. I didn't realise it had been Xboxed as well as pc. The friend invite and view system is great, so keep inviting! Using m channel is great as well, maybe we should decide a common freq to use and amend if needed.

Ok so just leave the session if you have any problems with people in the room. I am not really sure why you are surprised by this. I dislike them as much as the next guy, but there isnt much you can do except try to play with friends.Welcome to the internet! Where those annoying kids have the right to be there and say what they like and you have the right to leave the room!

There is a very simple option that you can use, and I use it regularly when this happens... MUTEJust go into the player profile under the players list in the Live! control panel and select the mute option near the bottom.

Also another way around it too is rate the player profile by submitting a player review and selecting prefer or avoid this player and MS systems will try and not place you in the same room with this player.Like above there is many ways to avoid these people but as much as we wish they will never go away. Theve been around since BBS, Meridian and UO days and there are not going anywhere.

I have not only encountered un-lovely text chat comments, but many times now where ive been dive bombed and intentionally crashed into either in the air on on runways by wonderful Live players.

Id prefer a dedicated passworded server enviroment.

Also another way around it too is rate the player profile by submitting a player review and selecting prefer or avoid this player and MS systems will try and not place you in the same room with this player...

That partially solves the problem, but not completely. Even if you have a "friends only" session, kids who have you on their "recently played" list can still join you. We had such an annoying little snit repeatedly enter our group session that way. I wish MS would fix that.

Another way to keep the crash kiddies away is using night or bad weather.

A minute or two of Dense Fog works wonders on the crash-kiddies.

But if you see one approaching you, just hit your ESCAPE key, pausing your game. Instant invulnerable hover.

This behavior happens so frequently that I now view the other aircraft in each session before joining the action. If I notice someone who is trying to intercept other aircraft or hear lots of obscenities then I move on to another session. I don't mind people following me. I enjoy follow-the-leader, trying to keep up with someone or trying to outmaneuver someone who is following me. But the immature behavior of crashing/trashing other people is tiresome and distracting.

Limiting sessions to just friends will be effective, but it will involve a lot less people and will eliminate the random match-ups that keep the sessions interesting. That's unfortunate. It would be nice if there was an additional classification for multiplayer sessions: paid. A multiplayer classification that perhaps requires Xbox Gold membership or perhaps some type of 'Multiplayer Gold' subscription. I would be willing to pay a small monthly fee to avoid some of the bad behavior.