Sign in to follow this  
Mattias Nordin

777 AND 747 2.0

I hope that the B747 V2 is a total package of the B747-400 V2 and the B747-800 with its slightly modified cockpit. I just bought the B747-400X like 2 weeks ago. I do not mind getting the V2 as a total package(B747-400 and 800 in one DVD release). But the B777 is definitely something to look forward to. Can`t wait to see how the exterior taxi camera system is implemented.

I think Captain Sim is still the best.
Someone's feeling brave :(

I agree that PMDG are good in terms of robust systems code...
And flight dynamics, and failures modeling, and FMS depth, and autopilot behavior, and so much more. Plus, the systems and flight dynamics are the heart of the simulation. If those aren't realistic, it's pretty much a flying set of textures. Also, with PMDG you get FS2crew and Angle of Attack training availability.

I have not seen the CaptiainSim 737 yet, but considering the level of detail on the NG, and stuff Robert told in Munich about modelling (mechanical element in the switches! All the time I thought there was just a simple lightbulb/led in those...), I still think PMDGs 777VC wil still blow CS777 out of the water.

I have a dream that PMDG are going to do a "new" Queen, in same quality as the new NGX...I think many agree with me on this, that it would have been pretty passionately with a fresh Queen, made by PMDG. Praying.gifBut, who knows....one day!!! Well, after all, better not to know. (Much better to be surpriced one day Peace.gif )
Finally, my dreams come true. :(

I never said you couldn't have a personal preference, I simply asked if three brand new simulation quality aircraft within a short time frame didn't make you happy what would.Jeez you sound like a politician, twisting simple things that people ask.
Trouble is though, your "simple question" appeared to be rhetorical, implying that if that won't make me happy nothing would? apologies if it wasn't intended that way.
Well, as a native English speaker you should know it's '2D panels have THEIR place for many.'Greetings from a non-native English speaker! :(
Well done Mattias, at school you would be given a gold star, you picked up a typo. Maybe in future I should check your posts for typos. :( The reply was meant to be a friendly clarification of my opinion of 2D panels, because I thought someone had misunderstood, simple as that.Personally, at 54 I've given up the pastime of highlighting accidental grammatical errors, doesn't entertain me.

I am so impressed.You are so talented in your profession.I enjoy NGX, J41 and MD11. I've had flight problems (autopilot and fps) with 747x as I have enjoyed.You are sober in cooperation with your fans.You have style.I look forward to B777 and 747x v2All the bestJens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

I agree that PMDG are good in terms of robust systems code but in the visuals department I think Captain Sim is still the best.
Quoting Office Space.."Yeeaahhh I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of..disagree with you there." Maybe before the NGX this was true but there is no way any CS plane (or any plane) beats the NGX's visual quality, and I don't see PMDG's visuals going backwards with the 777. No offense intended to you or CS.

Look harder. Even if different, the 737-200 from CS is a better model than PMDG's 737NGX. This will probably happen with the 777 as well, it's simply mind staggering the quality of CS's 777.I don't really care much about this because i see an A/C as a whole, and the PMDG version will be overall better, that i have no doubt of. As far as the 737s are concerned, they're different, so i own both :(

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Tell you more: everythig in FSX is the flying set of textures. FSX is an audio-visual entertaiment software first of all. Junk picture=junk produkt regardless of the content.
Enjoy your two weeks off from the forums! :(

Personally, at 54 I've given up the pastime of highlighting accidental grammatical errors, doesn't entertain me.
Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. Believe me I don't like pointing out typos either.It's just that I've read quite a few posts in this forum lately about non-natives not getting the message. Just think such comments are unnecessary in here.Btw, you won't find any typos in my posts, so don't bother go through them! Just%20Kidding.gif

Ahh, nice livery there Jens!I really should have updated that one a long time ago! But I've been busy flying the wonderful NGX, instead of painting her!Btw, Ida is my cat (not named Viking though) Big%20Grin.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. Believe me I don't like pointing out typos either.It's just that I've read quite a few posts in this forum lately about non-natives not getting the message. Just think such comments are unnecessary in here.Btw, you won't find any typos in my posts, so don't bother go through them! Just%20Kidding.gif
That wasn't what my response was about though Mattias. It wasn't any kind of rebuke directed at the poster. The individual in question quoted me in reference to hating 2D cockpits. As it was diametrically opposed to my view, I genuinely thought he may have misunderstood, easy to do if you aren't totally familiar with English.No worries though. :(

777 and a 747 update? Both this year??? EFB for both and the 737? And the DC6? This will keep me happily swimming away for years to come. Thanks PMDG!!!

Look harder. Even if different, the 737-200 from CS is a better model than PMDG's 737NGX.
I own both and although the CS is indeed beautifully modeled, I think the NGX is in a class of its own. No contest for me.