Sign in to follow this  
Knottypine1979

New A/C available.

I have a bad filing about this..... MS can give 12 annual DLCs of "Basic" aircraft by fast developer time or upgrade them to "Deluxe" puting the cockpit them..... pay two brush, and only 4 "DeLuxe" aircraft on big terrain DLCs, and if my supposition has affirmative the "target" market can be bored of Flight very fast.

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Hello Silver Dragon, welcome to the AVSIM forums.Many of us share your thoughtsWe have no choice, so let's wait for Alaska....

Guest Antlab
I have a bad filing about this..... MS can give 12 annual DLCs of "Basic" aircraft by fast developer time or upgrade them to "Deluxe" puting the cockpit them..... pay two brush, and only 4 "DeLuxe" aircraft on big terrain DLCs, and if my supposition has affirmative the "target" market can be bored of Flight very fast.
I was thinking about the same thing.Putting together the planes released so far and the timetable described in the famous Howard interview, I start to think that the intentions of MS are similar to the model you describe.Maybe the idea is one plane/month without cockpit, and one scenery+plane with cockpit every three months.A.

Sorry, but I got to call you on this: no version of the P-51 ever had an air cooled engine. BTW, the Packard Merlin was the BEAST!!!!Edit: The P-47 was air cooled, and a great high alt flier too. Maybe that was what you were thinking.
Nah, wasn't thinking of anything other than the Mustang and the A6M, although you are of course correct. It was a simple typo because, getting ahead of myself, I was already writing the next paragraph in my head whilst typing the first one, which of course concerned the A6M's air cooled Nakajima Sakae, although it being a typo is fairly evident when later in the first paragraph I mentioned the vulnerability of the Mustang's liquid cooling system to combat damage, which would be kind of tough to happen if it was air cooled LOLAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was thinking about the same thing.Putting together the planes released so far and the timetable described in the famous Howard interview, I start to think that the intentions of MS are similar to the model you describe.Maybe the idea is one plane/month without cockpit, and one scenery+plane with cockpit every three months.A.
I personally don't think MS can provide much of any quality with just 4 weeks to work on each aircraft.It gives me reason to think back on what I read another poster say about MS, they are not known for quality, all they are interested in is numbers.Bryan.

There is no cockpit guys. Also as of 2pm CST the plane wasnt available. Ill be giving up in Flight for various reasons, this "plane" being one of then until they get thier act together....This isnt the "game", "sim" whatever we were looking for. I mean really... Another plabe with no interior? Completeky marketed for the console.

If you are a user that doesnt use cockpits then good for you, either way you can use external view, what if they released a plane with no external view?
Wait so users who want less should pay for something they aren't going to use? seriously the ME ME ME attidude of you guys is pretty sick.

Wait so users who want less should pay for something they aren't going to use? seriously the ME ME ME attidude of you guys is pretty sick.
There's nothing sick about offering choices.

Serously gang think about it.I know most of us are very dissappointed that this plane is being released exterior model only. My first reaction was, there goes my hope for Flight.Now earlier today, I got more into the simulator aspect than I have been, by using manual mixture control and more importantly the appropriate checklists and gauges during the flight, both in the Maule and the RV.I find myself going back to being a half glass full even after this announcement of the Zero, as there is a lot of simulator aspects to Flight, that came with both the original release, and original DLC. Only one plane came exterior model only. Obviously there is a reason Flight has these simulator aspects, I doubt they would go to the trouble to put all that in the original release and original DLC, if continuing that were not on the plan.So they have decided to release a Zero a month later, apparently to compliment their P51 offering. I will bet you, that was planned before the actual release date of the original, and probably the plane for the most part finished. Just throwing a bone out there, whilst they get the next major DLC released - Alaska - and whatever plane or planes come with it - and I will bet you, it has a working cockpit and the same simulator aspects as what we have now, if not more.This all just speculation on my part. I am just saying, initially I felt the same way, extreme dissappointment - hope diminished. But after delving a little deeper into Flight today and giving it all some thought, I am going to remain hopeful.Just as always, my humble opinion.

There's nothing sick about offering choices.
Ummm am i reading different comments? people don't want choice they want what they want and nothing else also did you actualy read my comment
seriously the ME ME ME attidude of you guys is pretty sick.
You aren't the only target market for the game your going to have to put up with split aircraft
The website still lists only the Maule and the P51 as available for purchase.
Not intresting, it's microsoft they do this kind of stuff all the time on the xbox marketplace (advertising)
It's not the plane, it is the ability to whizz it over the Arizona Memorial with no respect whatsoever which makes it appallingly distasteful. Flight was supposed to be celebrating the joy of aviation, not making light of one of its darkest moments.
Can you not do that in any other flight sim then?

Serously gang think about it.I know most of us are very dissappointed that this plane is being released exterior model only. My first reaction was, there goes my hope for Flight.Now earlier today, I got more into the simulator aspect than I have been, by using manual mixture control and more importantly the appropriate checklists and gauges during the flight, both in the Maule and the RV.I find myself going back to being a half glass full even after this announcement of the Zero, as there is a lot of simulator aspects to Flight, that came with both the original release, and original DLC. Only one plane came exterior model only. Obviously there is a reason Flight has these simulator aspects, I doubt they would go to the trouble to put all that in the original release and original DLC, if continuing that were not on the plan.So they have decided to release a Zero a month later, apparently to compliment their P51 offering. I will bet you, that was planned before the actual release date of the original, and probably the plane for the most part finished. Just throwing a bone out there, whilst they get the next major DLC released - Alaska - and whatever plane or planes come with it - and I will bet you, it has a working cockpit and the same simulator aspects as what we have now, if not more.This all just speculation on my part. I am just saying, initially I felt the same way, extreme dissappointment - hope diminished. But after delving a little deeper into Flight today and giving it all some thought, I am going to remain hopeful.Just as always, my humble opinion.
Yeah, there is a certain bounce-back affect once you get over the initial shock, but its also hard to regain that initial willingness to trust, too.I still want the Alaska DLC, and hope they do a stellar job, but I am less sanguine than before of their sure footing on this new path, marketing gurus, focus groups, beta testers and all.As was pointed out with the ZUNE analogy, you can throw all the high powered corporate muscle in the universe at something and still fall on your face if you are not attuned to the potential customers.Its a "vision" thing.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Ummm am i reading different comments? people don't want choice they want what they want and nothing else also did you actualy read my comment
Then you are not reading the comments you respond to. You quoted somebody asking how you would feel about a VC-only aircraft being offered with no exterior view, and you start ranting about how selfish he is for wanting to make you pay for something you don't want.##### does that have to do with what he said? He only suggested that the same scenario should be offered, but the other way around, this time with his preference as the one offered instead of yours. And you called him sick for suggesting such a thing.Who is the sick one?

If you are a user that doesnt use cockpits then good for you, either way you can use external view, what if they released a plane with no external view?
That's what I was responding to. So in your opinion people who don't care and wont spend time flying in cockpit view should pay for a deluxe plane? you would be good at buisness;)You say people want choice if they wanted choice they would be fine with this plane being released while they wait for next palne to be released but it's not what they wanted so they rage.

Guest Antlab
I personally don't think MS can provide much of any quality with just 4 weeks to work on each aircraft.
And where did I talk about quality? :Smug:Jokes aside, if we try to find a logic behind the moves we saw until now, it seems quite probable that they find convenient offering simple aircraft that don't cost too much to develop (read without complex cockpits or features as AP). This can be fully coherent both with the timetable (it's difficult to create a quality aircraft each month), and with the ideas expressed by Howard, where the center of attention are people with not too sophisticated requests.We will easily check in the next few months, the trend of the releases should become quite clear for then.A.

Can you not do that in any other flight sim then?
Yes, you probably can do it in another sim, but in all other flight sims you would have to make a conscious effort to obtain a freeware or payware Japanese combat aircraft when there are countless other aircraft available, and then obtain a free or payware scenery of Hawaii which includes the Arizona Memorial when there are countless other sceneries available, and then set up a flight to go over the location and start buzzing it at low level.Whereas in Flight, the entire thing, including a stunt task which passes right over the Arizona Memorial is in there, wherein you gain congratulatory awards and points for performing something which only someone with no moral decency would ever consider entertaining. Being that there are only a very few downloadable aircraft and only one downloadable scenery add-on means this sordid exercise is pretty much handed to users on a platter, inviting them to do it, unless they have a sense of decorum, one which the developers clearly do not possess. That is the difference, and it is a big one.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here